Aadhaar Card Name Change process is a simple at offline mode. Citizens can update your name in Aadhar Card with required documents at Permanent Enrolment Center
The Aadhaar card is a vital document for every Indian citizen. It is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) that serves as proof of identity and address.
It is essential to ensure that the information on your Aadhaar card is accurate and up to date. If you have recently changed your name due to marriage or any other reason, you must update your name on your Aadhaar card as well.
Are you facing problems with your Aadhaar card due to an incorrect name on it? Do you want to know how to change your name on your Aadhaar card? In this page, we will provide information on how to update your name in Aadhaar.
Aadhaar Card Name Change can be a hassle, but it is necessary to avoid any discrepancies in your identification documents. However, it is important to keep the Aadhaar card details up to date and correct.
The Aadhaar card is an essential document that every Indian citizen needs. It is a unique identification card that contains your biometric and demographic information.
It is used for various purposes, such as opening a bank account, getting a passport, and even for availing government subsidies. Therefore, it is crucial that all the information on your Aadhaar card, including your name, is accurate.
|Name of the correction||Aadhaar Card Name Correction 2023|
|Title||Aadhaar Card Name Update|
|Subject||Aadhaar Card Name Change|
|Self Service Update Portal (SSUP)||https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/|
Why Change Your Name on Aadhaar Card?
There could be several reasons why you might need to change your name on your Aadhaar card. Some of the common reasons are:
- Marriage: After marriage, many women change their surname or their entire name.
- Spelling Errors: Sometimes, there could be a spelling mistake in your name on the Aadhaar card.
- Divorce: After divorce, some women may want to change their name back to their maiden name.
- Legal Reasons: In some cases, people may have legally changed their name, and they want to update it on their Aadhaar card.
Documents Required for Aadhaar Card Name Change
Before you proceed with changing your name on your Aadhaar card, you must have the following documents:
- Aadhaar Enrolment Form: You can download the Aadhaar enrolment form from the UIDAI website or get it from your nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre.
- Proof of Identity: You will need to provide a government-issued photo ID proof such as PAN card, driving license, voter ID card, passport, etc.
- Proof of Address: You will also need to provide a proof of address such as a utility bill, bank statement, or passport.
Procedure for Aadhaar Card Name Change
Updating your Aadhaar card with your correct name is a simple and easy process. By following the steps mentioned below, you can easily update your Aadhaar card and avoid any future issues. Make sure that you have all the required documents in order and follow the tips mentioned above for a hassle-free experience.
- The first step is to download the Aadhaar enrolment form from the UIDAI website or visit your nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre and get a copy of the form.
- Fill out the Aadhaar enrolment form with the correct details, including your new name.
- Attach the supporting documents, including your proof of identity and address, along with the form.
- Submit the form and the supporting documents at your nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre.
- Once your form is processed, you will be called for biometric authentication. You will have to provide your fingerprints, iris scan, and photograph for authentication.
- After successful authentication, you will receive an acknowledgement slip with a reference number. You can use this number to check the status of your Aadhaar card update. You should receive your updated Aadhaar card within a few days.
Points to Remember
- You can update your name on your Aadhaar card only once in a year.
- There is no fee for updating your name in your Aadhaar card.
- It takes around 90 days for your Aadhaar card to be updated after the submission of the form.
Tips for a Smooth Aadhaar Name Change Process
- Make sure that all the documents are in order and not damaged or torn.
- Ensure that the documents are self-attested and signed.
- Double-check all the details on the Aadhaar update/correction form.
- Carry the original documents with you to the Aadhaar Enrolment Center for verification.
- Keep a copy of the acknowledgement slip and the URN for future reference.
How check Aadhaar Card name change status online?
- Go to the UIDAI website and click on the “Check Status – Update Done Online” button.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and the security code.
- Click on the “Get One Time Password” button to receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on the “Login” button.
- You will now see the status of your name change request. If it has been approved, you can download your updated Aadhaar card.
If your name change request is rejected, you will need to start the process again and make sure that all of your documents are in order.
How long does it take to change my name in my Aadhaar card?
It takes around 90 days for your Aadhaar card to be updated after the submission of the form.
Do I need to pay any fee for updating my name in my Aadhaar card?
Yes, there is Rs.50/- fee for updating your name in your Aadhaar card.
Can I change my name in my Aadhaar card multiple times?
No, you can change your name on your Aadhaar card only once in a year.
What documents do I need to provide for updating my name in my Aadhaar card?
You will need to provide a government-issued photo ID proof such as PAN card, driving license, voter ID card, passport, etc., and a proof of address such as a utility bill, bank statement, or passport.
Is it necessary to update my name in my Aadhaar card after marriage?
No, it is not mandatory to update your name in your Aadhaar card after marriage. However, if you want to change your name, you can do so by following the procedure mentioned above.
Can I update my name online?
No, you can not update your name on your Aadhaar card online through the UIDAI website. For updating name, you will have to visit Permanent Enrolment Center.
Can I update my name on my Aadhaar card without a marriage certificate?
No, you will need to provide a valid document supporting your name change, such as a marriage certificate or a gazette notification.
Changing your name on your Aadhaar card is a simple process that can be done easily by following the steps mentioned above. It is essential to ensure that all the information on your Aadhaar card is accurate and up-to-date to prevent any inconvenience in the future. Keep in mind that you can update your name only once a year, so make sure to provide all the necessary documents and the correct information.