Educational Programmes in Agency/Scheduled Areas: Agency to Plain and Plain to Agency Area Teacher Transfers Rules -Consequences due to its Modifications in TS Teachers Transfers 2015. Complete Details on Agency to Plain, Plain to Agency Area Teachers Transfers Rules 2015.
AGENCY AREA OR SCHEDULED AREA DEFINITIONS:
- The term `Scheduled Areas has been defined in the Indian Constitution as “such areas as the President may by order declare to be Scheduled Areas”.
- Scheduled Areas” means the Scheduled Areas as referred to in Clause (1) of Article 244 in the Constitution Of India 1949. The Act extended the provisions of Panchayats to the tribal areas of nine states that have Fifth Schedule Areas.
- The provisions of the Fifth Schedule shall apply to the administration and control of the Scheduled Area and Scheduled Tribes in any State other than the States of Assam Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram.
Educational Programmes in Agency Areas and Scheduled Areas
|Subject||Educational Programmes in Agency/Scheduled Areas|
|Rules||Agency to Plain, Plain to Agency Area Teachers Transfers Rules 2015|
- The Agency areas in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are spread over Adilabad, Warangal, Khammam, Mahbubnagar, East Godavari, West Godavari, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram and Srikakulam Districts.
- In the beginning, the scheduled areas of both Telangana and Andhra regions were entirely in occupation of Tribal communities
- The dominant Tribal Groups in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are Gond, Koya, Savara, Bagata, Chenchu, Porja etc
AGENCY OR SCHEDULED AREA PEOPLE (TRIBALS) WAY OF LIFE:
- The Tribals are traditionally honest people, simple in their thoughts and habits.
- Their socio-economic conditions are very poor and they are totally illiterate.
- Most of the Tribals speak local tribal dialects that do not have any script.
- They live in dense forest areas or on the hillocks. For their livelihood mainly they depend on the collection of minor forest produce.
- The tribals inhabiting the hilly areas resort to podu cultivation. Educational Programmes in Agency/Scheduled Areas
SPECIAL PROVISIONS TO AGENCY AREAS:
- A state legislation on panchayats in the scheduled area should take care of the customs, religious practices and traditional management practices of community resources.
- Every village shall contain a grama sabha whose members are included in the electoral list for the panchayats at village level.
- Planning and management of minor water bodies are entrusted to the panchayats.
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMES IN SCHEDULED AREAS:
- The importance of education as one of the most powerful means of bringing about socio-economic development of the Scheduled Tribes cannot be over-emphasised.
- As educational development is a stepping-stone to economic and social development, and the most effective instrument for empowering the tribals.
- The Education Division of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs makes all efforts to supplement the efforts of the Ministry of Human Resources Development, which is the line Ministry, and the State Governments/UT Administrations.
- By administering various schemes with the objective of enhancing access to education through provision of infrastructure by way of construction of hostels for ST students, Establishment of Ashram Schools, Vocational Training Centre as well as to maximize retention of ST students within the various stages of school education.
- Promoting higher learning by providing monetary incentives in the form of scholarships such as Pre Matric Scholarship, Post Matric Scholarship (PMS), Scholarship for Top Class Education, for ST students.