All India Council for Technical Education intends to seek applications for AICTE Lilavati Award based on the theme “Women Empowerment” from the eligible teams of AICTE approved institutions, who have undertaken remarkable intervention for the cause and made an impact that showcases their work under six different sub themes.
AICTE Lilavati Award 2021 is an innovation award scheme for engineering students. Submit nominations on online at https://lilavati.aicte-india.org. AICTE has launched an innovation award scheme for students in the engineering and technical institutions, especially girl students. It christened the scheme as Lilavati, named after a famous woman mathematician and astronomer, whose work and contribution is popularly known as Lilavati Ganitham (Lilavati Mathematics).
The Lilavati Award scheme is a creating better society for women in India. It would not only mean recognising the Indians contribution to various fields of academics and knowledge practices, but also how they impacted later development in different fields. That apart, it will give confidence to younger generation to know about the contribution of Indians from ancient times. Further, it would inspire and make them confident to achieve high.
Lilavati Award Details
|Award Name||Lilavati Award 2021|
|Title||AICTE Lilavati Award Nominations 2021|
|Subject||AICTE call nominations for Lilavati Award 2021|
|Board||AICTE under Ministry of Education|
University imparts arts and social sciences and not the technical courses. However, such efforts to recognise the contribution of people from the country is a welcome sign. It may be adopted to recognise the contribution of men and women in the technical fields.
Under the theme Women Empowerment, is intended to recognise the efforts being made by AICTE-approved institutions to treat women with equality and fairness in all spheres of their lives.
Through this initiative, all the stakeholders that means especially the girl students in AICTE-approved institutions would get a unique opportunity to present a solution to the prevalent issues of gender discrimination, such as illiteracy, unemployment, economic and nutritional disparities, maternal mortality, human rights, etc.
AICTE Lilavati award intends to recognize efforts being made by AICTE approved institutions to treat women with ‘equality and fairness’ in all spheres of their lives.
Eligibility For AICTEs Lilavati Award 2021:
Entries are invited under the category Institutional/ Team Level comprises either of students/ faculty/ both from AIC TE approved technical institution / Deemed to be University who had undertaken remarkable intervention in the various sub-themes and made an impact in the society. The team has to showcase their work undertaken in the last two years from the date of announcement of the award for the cause of women empowerment. The maximum team size will be 5 members having a minimum of 2 (two) women members.
Recognition of the work: The eligible entries received from different institutions will be evaluated by a committee and the winning team will get certificate for first, second & third rank under every sub theme a scroll of honour from AICTEs.
Lilavati Award 2021 Theme:
The theme of Lilavati Award is women’s empowerment. It aims to create awareness about issues like sanitation, hygiene, health and nutrition using “traditional Indian values”.
Scheme aims to create awareness about issues like literacy, employment, technology, credit, marketing, innovation, skill development, natural resources, and rights among women.
Objectives of the Theme:
- To create awareness about issues like sanitation, hygiene, health, nutrition using traditional Indian values.
- To create awareness about issues like literacy, employment, technology, credit, marketing, innovation, skill development, natural resources and rights among women.
- For promoting and practicing ideas of gender equity.
- To work towards the well-being of the girl child, adolescents, and women and focus on their development by creating awareness on gender equality.
- To bring about empowerment of communities, hence the footprint of such activities may also encompass neighboring/ surrounding villages/areas.
- To pave way for women of the country to come forward.
AICTE Lilavati Award 2021 intends to seek applications from the eligible teams, who have undertaken remarkable intervention for the cause and made an impact, in the form of a short video clip (not more than 4-5 minutes’ duration) that showcases their work under the following sub- themes:
Lilavati Award Categories:
- Women Health
- Self Defence
- Sanitation & Hygiene
- Women Entrepreneurship
- Legal Awareness
Sub themes under AICTE Lilavati Award 2021: As part of this, it has invited proposals for innovative solutions and ideas covering five themes. The themes cover literacy, employment, technology, credit, the well-being of girl child, natural resources and rights among women etc.
- Women Health (Issues related to nutrition, maternal mortality, breast / ovarian & cervical cancer, pregnancy issues, depression and anxiety, child care, etc.)
- Self Defence (Training/ awareness programs for safety measures, Girl child safety, domestic violence, work place harassment, confidence building programs, etc.)
- Sanitation & Hygiene (Menstrual hygiene, home & u environment hygiene, etc.)
- Literacy (Basic education, digital literacy, awareness against taboos, etc.)
- Women Entrepreneurship (Financial safety, business opportunities, govt. schemes, credit, etc.)
- Legal Awareness (Women rights & duties, gender equality in society & workplace)
Nominations Submission: Entries for Lilavati Award 2021 can be submitted at institution or team level, comprising students or faculty or both from AICTE approved institutions.
The eligible entries received from different institutions will be evaluated by a committee and the winning team will get certificates for first, second and third ranks under every sub-theme.
Award and Recognition of the work: The award in the form of prize money will be given to the 18 winning team (three under each sub-themes) as follows:
- Winner: Rs. 1,00,000/-
- First Runner-up: Rs.75,000/-
- Second Runner-up: Rs.50,000/-
The Council intends to recognize the contribution of 18 institutions of the winning team, by means of Appreciation Certificate.
Last date for the submission of the online entry for the AICTEs Lilavati Award 2021 is 31st December 2020. All nominations must be submitted online at AICTE website at below given link