Tribal Welfare Department“Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” Financial assistance for ST Students for pursuing Higher Studies Abroad Details:
Rs.15.00 lakhs Financial assistance:
Rs.15.00 lakhs Financial assistance to SC, ST Students under “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” Scheme:
GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Social Welfare Department – Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi – Financial assistance to the SC & ST students for pursuing Higher Education in Foreign Universities – Enhancement of financial assistance from Rs.10.00 lakhs to Rs.15.00 lakhs– Orders – Issued.
SOCIAL WELFARE (Edn.2) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No.36, TW(Edn.2) Dept., dated:04-06-2013.
2. G.O.Ms.No.54, SW(Edn.2) Dept., dated:28-06-2013
3. From the Secretary to CM, CMP No.8052/Secy/2018, dt:16-04-2018
4. From the DSW, AP, Lr.No.D2/1069/2018, dt:07-05-2018
In the G.Os. 1st and 2nd read above, the Government have introduced the scheme of “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” to provide financial assistance of Rs.10.00 lakhs to SC & ST students for pursuing studies abroad with a view to enable the benefits of higher education in foreign Universities to meritorious SC & ST students, thereby providing them an opportunity for better career prospects within the country and abroad.
2. In the reference 3rd read above, keeping in view of the fee structure and living expenses in foreign universities, the Director of Social Welfare, AP, Amaravathi has submitted a proposal for the enhancement of financial assistance from Rs.10.00 lakhs to Rs.15.00 lakhs under the scheme of “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi”.
3. Government, after careful examination of the matter, hereby enhance the financial assistance to SC & ST students from Rs.10.00 lakhs to Rs.15.00 lakhs under the scheme of “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi”.
4. The Director of Social Welfare, AP, Amaravathi and the Director of Tribal Welfare, AP, Amaravathi shall take necessary action accordingly & furnish the revised implementation modalities for implementing the Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi scheme, with the enhanced scale of financial assistance, to Government for approval immediately.
5. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (FMU-Welfare-1) Department, vide their UO No.38027/109/(FMU-WF-1)/2018 , dt:29-05-2018.
TRIBAL WELFARE (EDN.2) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. 36 Dated: 04.06.2013 Details
Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Details
The Government have made substantial investments through providing Post-Matric Scholarships to ST students on a saturation basis. This laudable initiative over the years has encouraged a large number of ST students to complete professional Courses and other Graduate Courses.
The post-liberalized economy has thrown vast opportunities and challenges in India and abroad in respect of education and jobs. Students from the ST community are often handicapped because of their extreme backwardness and social stigma to access the benefit of pursuing education abroad to better their lives. With a view to enable the benefit of higher education in Foreign Universities to meritorious ST students thereby providing them an opportunity for better career prospects within the Country and Abroad, the Tribal Welfare Department has proposed to introduce the scheme of Financial Assistance to ST students for pursuing studies abroad in the name of “Ambedkar Overseas Studies Nidhi”. This proposal was placed before the Nodal agency for TSP during their meetings held on 13.05.2013 and in the meeting held by the State Council for Development of SCs & STs on 21.05.2013. After detailed discussions, the scheme of assisting the ST graduates to pursue higher education in reputed foreign universities was approved for implementation as a new scheme for the benefit of STs from the year 2013-14.
Guidelines for Ambedkar Overseas Studies Nidhi:
“Ambedkar Overseas Studies Nidhi” will be sanctioned to (100) ST Students every year and is open to all eligible ST Students in proportion to the population of the community to pursue Post Graduate studies abroad subject to the following guidelines:
Income: ST Students whose family income is less than Rs.2.50 lakhs per annum from all sources are eligible. Total income from all sources of the employed candidates or his/her parents/guardians, shall not exceed Rs.2.50 lakhs per annum. In case of employees, salary certificate from the employer is a must. In all cases the income certificate must be obtained from concerned authorities. A copy of the latest tax assessment as well as the latest monthly salary slip from the employer is also required to be enclosed with the application.
Age: The Maximum age under the scheme shall not exceed 35 years as on 1st July of the year of advertisement.
1. For Post Graduation Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation Degree in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences / Medicine & Nursing / Social Sciences / Humanities.
2. For Ph.D. Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in P.G. Course in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences / Medicine/ Social Sciences / Humanities.
One child in a family one time Award:
Not more than one child of the same parents / guardian’s will be eligible and to this effect a self certificate will be required from the candidate. The awardee cannot be considered for the second or subsequent times as the individual can be awarded only once in a life time.
Countries eligible under the Scheme: USA, UK, Australia, Canada and Singapore.
- i. He / She should have a valid TOEFL / IELTS & GRE / GMAT.
- ii. He / She should have obtained admission in an accredited Foreign University.
- iii. He / She should possess a valid Passport.
- iv. The Candidate should make his/her own efforts in seeking admission in an accredited University / Institution Abroad.
- v. The selected candidate has to join the concerned University within one year of communication of selection. On expiry of this specified period of time, the award will be automatically cancelled and come to an end. No request for extension of time for availing the award is permissible under the Scheme.
- vi. The candidate shall not change the course of study or research for which the scholarship has been sanctioned.
- vii. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the appropriate visa for a country wherein one intends to study further under award from the Scheme and the Visa issuing authorities may kindly see that only such type of Visa be issued which only permits the candidate to pursue specified course abroad and thereafter the candidate returns to India.
- viii. The applications should be complete in all respects and should be accompanied by all relevant documents. The applications, incomplete in any respect, are liable to be rejected.
Procedure for Selection:
- i. Notification shall be issued in leading dailies calling for applications and wide publicity will be given in University Campuses and in e-PASS portal in August / September and in January / February of the year (this year i.e. 2013-14, being the first year for implementation of the scheme, first notification shall be issued in June / July in lieu of January / February.
- ii. All such students desirous of applying for financial assistance for studies abroad shall apply online from 1st August to 30th September and again from 1st January to 29th February of the year.
- iii. 33% of the awards shall be earmarked for Women Candidates.
- iv. Awards shall be given proportionate to the population of various communities of STs.
- v. The registration shall be made under the scheme online at http://www.apsocialwelfare.cgg.gov.in.
- vi. The student shall submit the following documents:Caste Certificate from concerned authorities.
- Income Certificate from concerned authorities.
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- E-Pass ID Number.
- Residential / Nativity Certificate.
- Passport copy.
- Mark sheet from SSC / Inter / Graduate / PG Level.
- GRE / GMAT or equivalent qualifying exam / test score card.
- TOFEL / IELTS score card.
- Admission offer letter from Foreign University (I-20, letter of Admission or equivalent)
- Copy of the latest Tax Assessment is to be enclosed.
- Copy of Bank Pass Book of Nationalized Bank.
- Photo to be scanned and uploaded.
- vii. Selection Committee: The Selection shall be conducted by a State Level Screening Committee constituted by Government with the following members. The Bio-data of the candidates who applied online shall be made available to the Committee.
- Principal Secretary, Tribal Welfare : Chairman
- Secretary, AP State Council of Higher Education : Member
- Vice – Chancellor, JNTU : Member
- Commissioner, Social Welfare : Member
- Commissioner, Technical Education : Member
- Commissioner, Tribal Welfare : Convener
- a) Fees: Fees shall be payable in Two installments as follows:
Installment-I: An amount of Rs.5.00 lakhs shall be payable to the students upon production of the landing permit / I-94 card. (Immigration Card).
Installment-II: An amount of Rs.5.00 lakhs shall be payable to the students upon production of the 1st Semester results.
- b) Sanction Proceedings specifying the amount of Rs.10.00 lakhs will be issued to the individual towards fees and living expenses by way of a grant subject to his/her joining the Course and the Candidates selected by the Selection Committee. The sanction proceedings can be made use of by the Candidates for obtaining a Visa from the respective Embassy.
- c) Educational Loan: The Student shall be eligible for an educational loan of Rs.5.00 lakhs from any Nationalized bank at prevailing rates of interest.
- d) Earnings from Research/Teaching Assistance-Ship: The awardees are permitted to supplement their prescribed allowances by understaking Research/Teaching Assistance ship.
- e) Passage grant: One way cheap ticket (Lower fare) by economy class through the shortest route shall be payable upon production of valid visa and admission particulars.
- f) Visa Fees: The total visa fees shall be reimbursed to the student upon production of valid visa and production of receipts.
Utilization certificates shall be obtained from the student with the endorsement of concerned University Authorities for record purpose under the scheme.
The Expenditure under this scheme shall be detailed to the following head of Account.
“2225 – Welfare of SCs, STs and OBCs
02-Welfare of STs.,
GH(11) – Normal State Plan
SH (07) Tuition Fee
340 – Scholarships and Stipends