G.O.MS.No. 57, Dated:19-12-2014: Andhra Pradesh State Government, Higher Education Department, State Level Eligibility Test – Identification of ‘Andhra University’ as State Agency for conducting ‘State Level Eligibility Test’ (SLET)/APSET 2016 as per the University Grants Commission Regulations, 2009 – Administrative sanction
1) G.O.Ms.No.19, Higher Education(CE-I-1)Dept., dt.24-02-2011.
2) From the Secretary, APSCHE, Hyd. Lr.No. APSCHE/UM-729/SLET-AP-Agency/2014, dt.15-10-2014.
In the G.O.1st read above, the Government have identified the ‘Osmania University’, Hyderabad provisionally as State Agency for conducting State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) in the interest of larger number of Lecturers / Assistant Professors, who are being recruited by either direct recruitment or by promotion in Universities and Degree Colleges in the State.
2. In the reference 2nd read above, the Secretary, A.P.State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad has proposed Andhra University, Visakhapatnam as State Agency for conducting State Level Eligibility Test from May, 2015 onwards, in the light of bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
3. After careful examination of the matter, the Government have provisionally identified ‘Andhra University’ as State Agency for conducting ‘State Level Eligibility Test’ (SLET) for recruitment and promotions of Lecturers / Asst.Professors in Universities and Degree Colleges from the year 2015 onwards, as per the University Grants Commission Regulations, 2009.
4. The Vice Chancellor, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam is requested to furnish proposals for constitution of Steering Committee, Moderation Committee and to furnish proposals for getting accreditation from UGC for conducting State Level Eligibility Test for residuary State of Andhra Pradesh.
5. The Andhra University shall submit proposals as requested in Para (4) above in consultation with A.P.State Council of Higher Education.