AP Giriputhrika Kalyana Pathakam for Tribal Brides
G.O.MS.No.12; Dated:20-02-2015: Government Of Andhra Pradesh, Tribal Welfare(TSP) Department – Tribal Sub Plan 2014-15 – “Giriputhrika Kalyana Pathakam” for extending financial assistance of Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only) to tribal girls at the time of their marriage – Orders – Issued
1. Act No. 1 of 2013, dated 24.1.2013.
2. G.O.Ms.No.7, Planning (XXII) Department, dated: 23.2.2013.
3. G.O.Ms.No.10, Planning (XXII) department, dated: 23.2.2013.
4. Hon’ble Chief Minister’s announcement on the eve of “World Adivasi Day” at Visakhapatnam on 09-08-2014.
5. Minutes of the Meeting of 9th and 10th Nodal Agency for TSP dated: 0112-2014 and 05-12-2014.
6. Minutes of the Meeting of the 3rd State Council for Development of SCs and STs dated:27.12.2014.
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has enacted “The Andhra Pradesh Scheduled Castes Sub Plan and Tribal Sub Plan (Planning, Allocation and Utilisation of Financial Resources) Act, 2013” (Act No.1 of 2013) with an objective of ensuring accelerated development of Scheduled Castes(SCs) and Scheduled Tribes(STs) with emphasis of achieving equality in the next 10 years focusing on economic, education and human development along with ensuring security, social dignity and promoting equity among Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes by earmarking a portion in proportion to population of SCs and STs in the State of the total plan outlay of the State of Andhra Pradesh as the outlay of the Scheduled Castes Sub Plan(SCSP)/Tribal Sub Plan (TSP) of the State.
2. In tune with the Tribal Empowerment Policy, 2010-15, particularly tribal women empowerment and also in compliance to the announcement of Hon’ble Chief Minister on the eve of “World Adivasi Day” at Visakhapatnam on 09-08-2014, the Tribal Welfare Department has proposed to extend financial assistance of Rs.50,000/- to tribal girls at the time of their marriage under the scheme named as “Giriputhrika Kalyana Pathakam” with a view to alleviate financial difficulties to celebrate marriage in the families of Scheduled Tribes in the State.
3. The Nodal Agency for TSP has placed the proposal before the State Council for the development of SCs and STs in the meeting held on 27-12-2014 under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble Chief Minister and the State Council has approved the proposal.
4. Under this scheme, a onetime financial assistance of Rs.50,000/-(Rupees Fifty Thousand Only) at the time of marriage shall be granted to every unmarried ST girl in the State of Andhra Pradesh with effect from 01-04-2015 subject to the following guidelines:
#Quick Links for Schemes:
1. Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam for SC, ST Brides-Guidelines(TS GO.14)
2. Shadi Mubarak Scheme for Muslim Brides-Guidelines(TS GO.4)
3. AP Giriputhrika Kalyana Pathakam for Tribal Brides-Guidelines(AP GO.12)
4. AP Dulhan Scheme for Muslim Brides-Guidelines(AP GO.67)
5. Kalyana Lakshmi-Shadi mubarak schemes Online Application Form
6. Documents/Certificates for Kalyana Laksmi/Shadi-mubarak-Schemes
7. Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam for BC Brides-Guidelines(TS GO.5)
8. Age proof Documents/Certificates for Shadi Mubark Scheme(TS GO.16)
9. Age proof Documents/Certificates for Kalyana Lakshmi scheme(TS GO.6)
1. Eligibility Criteria:
(a) The unmarried girl shall belong to ST community
(b) The unmarried girl shall be a resident of Andhra Pradesh State
(c) The unmarried girl should have completed 18 years of age at the time of marriage
(d) The Wedding of the ST girl shall be on or after 01-04-2015.
2. Income Criteria:
(a) The combined income of the Parents shall not exceed Rs.2,50,000/- per annum.
3. Procedure for application and processing:
(a) Applications shall apply online for the Andhra Pradesh “Giriputhrika Kalyana Pathakam” by accessing the website http://epasswebsite.cgg.gov.in through any MEESEVA Center.
List of Important Documents to be Attached
(b) The following certificates shall be attached:
(i) Date of birth – Issued by the Competent Authority through MEESEVA Center.
(ii) Caste Certificate – Issued by the Competent Authority through MEESEVA Center.
(iii) Income Certificate (the certificate shall be latest and shall not be older than 6 months from the date of marriage)
(iv) Aadhaar Card of the bride and bride groom to be scanned and uploaded
(v) A scanned copy of the first page of Bank Pass Book (Savings Account) containing the photo of the bride and the account details in the name of the bride.
(vi) Wedding Card
(vii) Wedding Photograph.
(viii) Letter by the Gram Panchayat/ Church/ Mosque/ any other authority/ institution which has performed the marriage to be scanned and uploaded.
(ix) SSC Memo (Optional)
5. This scheme cannot be combined with any other scheme such as the incentive award for inter-caste marriage.
6. This is only a onetime financial assistance and can be availed only once in the life time of an ST girl.
7. The Project Officer, ITDA/District Tribal Welfare Officer of the Tribal Welfare Department shall process the applications and after due verification of the documents, sanction the amount, to be payable in the Bank Account of the Bride as furnished on the online system. All such claims shall be made through unloading online bills for the scheme.
8. The Director, Tribal Welfare shall ensure that an appropriate head of account is created for the scheme to charge the expenditure under the Tribal Sub Plan (TSP).
9. The Director, Tribal Welfare shall ensure that necessary software is enabled on the e-pass website and MEESEVA Centers to ensure applications under the scheme.
10. The Director, Tribal Welfare shall ensure wide publicity to create awareness among the STs for availing the benefit of the scheme.
11. The above decision was taken with the concurrence of Finance Department who was also a member of the Nodal Agency for TSP under the Chairmanship of Minister (SWE and TWE) in the meeting held on 01-12-2014 & 05-12-2014 and by the State Council for Development of SCs and STs under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble Chief Minister in their meeting held on 27-12-2014 where the Principal Secretary to Finance was present. Further as per G.O.Ms.No.10, Planning (XXII) Department, dated:23-02-2013, the Annual SCSP/TSP plan as approved by the State Council shall be deemed to have been accorded financial concurrence by the Finance Department under the respective SCSP/TSP budgetary provision for that year.