AP Model Primary School Assembly Model Structure and Organization: SCERT A.P has developed a road map to achieve the 12 academic aspects-AP Model Primary School Assembly Model Structure and Organization. Organization of School Assembly: The morning assembly motivates and sets the right direction for all the activities of the day. It should lead the children, teachers and Head Master in their daily programs with much dedication, concentration, and purity of thought.
A model structure of Assembly is proposed here under:
- Class wise attendance report by the House leader (No. on roll; No. of Present)
- Prayer song
- Pledge (in Telugu and English in alternate days starting from Monday)
- Thought of the day (to be said by student and described by the H.M/ House teacher)
- Poem/Rhyme/song on one them (Teacher suggests previous day)
- Local news
- Radio lesson announcement
- New words (One English and one Telugu word) with meanings
- National Anthem
- Disperse in rows class wise
Key notes to conduct assembly:
- Each teacher must be given responsibility of organizing the students in their respective rows of the house they are concerned and care must be taken for the disciplined way of conducting the assembly.
- Teachers and Head Master should stay back until the last student reaches his classroom.
- Students who are coming late to the assembly or school regularly are to be counseled without any physical punishment.
- H.M should review about effectiveness of the assembly during review meetings and make necessary changes for the improvement.
II. HOUSE CONCEPT:
The concept of assigning a title to each house is in practice in schools functioning under different management. The MPS may also adapt this culture of having five houses with the titles after discussing with their staff members.
House names could be names of the national leaders like Tagore, Gandhi, Vivekananda etc. or flowers names like Rose, Lilly, Lotus etc, or the names of scientists like Raman, Salim Ali etc or the names of sports persons like Sachin, Sania, Saina nehval etc..
Each house is supposed to have a picture of the title on its walls. The students should be able to talk a few words about the title of their class.
For the display of the projects in the school, or organization of any cultural programs or other activities the house concept is very useful to organize the things in an effective manner without any confusion.
Each teacher must be given responsibility for one house. He is to be made responsible for reporting all the activities i.e general, specific and innovative during each review meeting and also to the visitors or observers.