AU Distance Degree Admission 2023, Apply at andhrauniversity.edu.in. Andhra University, School of Distance Education, Vishakha Patnam issued the BA BCom Common Entrance Notification in the Month of April, AU, SDE is inviting the applications in the prescribed proforma from the eligible candidates residing in India for Entrance Examination for admission into First year B.A. / B.Com. Degree course for this Academic year through the School of Distance Education, Andhra University.
Instructions to candidates to applying:
1. The duly filled in Entrance examination application form should be sent by Registered Post with Acknowledgement due, to the Director, School of Distance Education, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam – 530 003 superscribing on the envelope, “B.A. / B.Com. Common Entrance Examination Application.”
2. Candidates should go through the instructions relating to the Entrance Examination and fill in the application accordingly. 3. Incomplete applications and applications not filled in accordance with the instructions are liable to be rejected, without notice.
4. The School of Distance Education reserves the right to cancel admission and the result when the particulars given and attested are subsequently found to be false. 5. The name and surname of the candidate and his / her parent’s name should correspond with those as recorded in the previous certificates, if any such as Date of Birth Extract or T.C. of a recognised School or College. Age once recorded shall not be altered.
6. The candidate should enclose one self-addressed envelop of 9 x 6 size without affixing postal stamps. 7. Candidates who pass the Entrance Examination are eligible for admission into First Year B.A. / B.Com. Course in the School of Distance Education.
8. Candidates who passed Intermediate / PUC / A.P. Open School Society, Hyderabad (Intermediate) need not appear for Entrance Examination. 9. The candidate who have joined in the respective courses after passing the Entrance Examination are not eligible for transfer to any affiliated college. They have to continue the entire period of their degree course of study in the School of Distance Education.
10. The office of the School of Distance Education is situated in Dr. Lankapalli Bullayya Sarvatrika Vidya Bhavan in Kirlampudi Layout, Near A.U. Out-gate, Visakhapatnam. The student is particularly requested to note that the office of the School of Distance Education is different from the Central Administrative Office, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
Medium of Examination: Candidates are given option to answer the papers either in English or in Telugu. (The School is offering B.A./ B.Com. Degree Course in both English and Telugu Medium).
Eligibility for AU Distance Degree Admission:
- No formal academic qualification is required for appearance to the Entrance Examination except that candidate should have completed 18 years of age as on the date given in the Entrance Examination notification.
- Date of Birth evidence should be produced in any one of the following forms : (a) If the candidates studied previously in school / college recognized by the Government, T.C.or S.S.L.C. / S.S.C. / H.S./ M.P.S.L.C. Register or Date of Birth Extract from the University should be enclosed (Xerox Copy only). (OR)
- (b) If the candidate is employed in Government or semi Government organization, Date of Birth Certificate issued by Head of the Office should be enclosed in Original. (OR)
- (c) Candidates other than the above two categories should enclose a Certificate in the format given in the application form (vide page 2) attested by any one of the following officers : i) Mandal Revenue Officer ii) Tahsildar iii) Executive Magistrate iv) Magistrate v) Notary
AU SDE BA, BCom Entrance Examination:
- Date of the Examination, the last date for payment of examination fee and the prescribed Examination fee to be paid are given in Entrance Examination Notification.
- Payment of Examination Fee : The Examination fee included in the cost of application itself. However the downloaded application should be sent along with a D.D. for Rs. 200/- drawn in favour of the Registrar, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, payable at Visakhapatnam on any Nationalised Bank, Cash, Postal Orders, Money Orders, Cheques and Challans will not be accepted.
- Date of receipt of application along with demand draft in this office is taken into account for the purpose of collecting penal fee.
- The fee once paid will in no circumstance be refunded or held over for a subsequent examination.
Pattern of Examination :
- There will be two papers.
- Each paper is of one hour duration and carries a maximum of 100 marks. All questions are of multiple choice.
- Each question will have four options out of which one is a correct answer.
- Each question carries Two Marks.
- The Entrance Examination will be conducted on Sunday in one session from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 Noon.
- The Examination is common for both B.A. and B.Com.
- After the Examination is over, candidates is having option to take the question papers. He /She has to handover the Answered Sheet to the Invigilator at the Examination Hall.
- Paper – I General English General Knowledge and Aptitude and 1 Hours duration and Maximum marks 100
- Paper – II Telugu or Hindi or Sanskrit or Urdu or Oriya and 1 Hours duration and Maximum marks 100
- Marks for Eligibility: 70 Marks
AU SDE BA, BCom Entrance Test Hall Ticket:
The Candidate has to collect the Hall – Ticket from the Chief Superintendent of the chosen examination centre within three days before the commencement of the examination. No further intimation will be sent to the candidates in this regard.
In case the number of candidates registered is less at a particular centre, the candidates will be directed to write at other centre which is nearer to the centre. Similarly, if the number of candidates registered is more than the provision available at a particular centre, some of the candidates will be directed to write at other centre, which is nearer to that centre.
List of Enclosures :
The following are to be enclosed along with the Examination Application form :
1. Date of Birth evidence (Xerox Copy).
2. Self addressed envelope of 11 X 5 size without affixing Postal Stamps.
3. In case of downloaded application D.D. for Rs. 200/- towards cost of application and examination fee drawn infavour of Registrar, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
4. Two self-addressed Slips.
- Issue of Applications: 05 Sep.
- Last Date for receipt of Filled-in Applications: 25 Oct
- Andhra University School Of Distance Education Admission
- Check more details from here
How to Apply:
Candidates may write to the undersigned by designation for Application form by sending Rs. 225 by way of DD drawn on any nationalized bank in favor of the Registrar, Andhra University payable at Visakhapatnam, along with one self-addressed envelope. Or the candidates may collect the application form by submitting a DD for Rs. 200 at the sales counter at the School of Distance Education. The application forms are also available at all the Study Centers of AU SDE spread across the State, on payment of Rs. 200 by way of DD.
Instruction candidates for BA/BCom Entrance exam:
Required to observe the following instructions very carefully: 1. Silence should be maintained in the Examination Room. 2. Candidate should take their place in the Examination hall atleast five minutes before the time fixed for distributing the papers. Candidates presenting themselves more than half-an-hour after the appointed time will not be admitted to the Examination hall. Candidates who are undoubtedly suffering from infectious diseases of any kind will not be admitted.
3. Candidates are prohibited from writing upon their hall-tickets. Candidates are also prohibited from writing their names or any other name unconnected with the answers in any part of their Question Paper / Answer Books. But their Register Numbers should be written very distinctly on the first page of the Answer Sheet. Failure to write their Register number may involve the rejection of Answer Sheet.
4. Candidates are not allowed to exceed the time assigned to each paper. 5. Candidates shall be allowed to enter the examination hall within 30 minutes from the commencement of the Examination and he/she shall not be permitted to leave the examination hall until the Examination is over.
6. Candidates are forbidden to ask questions of any kind during examination. They are further forbidden to communicate to the Superintendents, should they do so, their answer papers will not be valued and their conduct will be reported to be Executive Council for the disciplinary action.
7. Candidates are not allowed to use books of any kind. They are also prohibited from introducing into the examination room any book or portion of a book. Slate, blotting pad, card board, manuscript, typescript of papers of any description and for making use of any of those whether introduces into the room by themselves or by anyone else, from communicating with or copying from each other and from communicating with any person outside the examination room.
Any candidate detected in violation of these rules will be summarily sent out of the room forthwith and his/ her conduct will be reported to the Director. Such a candidate stands the risk of having all his/her answer sheet for the examination for which he/she has appeared rejected by the Executive Council and of being debarred from sitting for the University Examination for such period as the Executive Council may decide.
8. Candidates are required to provide themselves with their own pens/ball -pens. Candidates may however bring into the examination hall their own ink-bottles/refills. 9. Answers should be written on a separate sheet provided for the purpose as per the instructions given.
10. When candidates have finished writing their answers and wish to return their Answer Sheet or at the end of the period prescribed for each particular part of the examination, they should stand up in their places and remain standing until one of the Superintendents comes to them and receive their Answer Sheet.
11. Any particulars noted in the hall tickets differing from those given in the application for the examination should be immediately reported to the Chief Superintendent by the concerned candidate.
12. It will not be permissible for candidates to sit for the examination at a centre other than that at which their names are registered without the special permission of the Director. No permission for change of centre will be granted after applications are registered.
13. Candidates appearing at centres where they are not known, must be prepared to satisfy the Chief Superintendents of such centres as to their identity. They shall also be required to sign on the identification certificates produced by them before the Chief Superintendents of the Affiliated College of University or from an Officer in Government not lower in rank than a sub-Magistrate in Andhra Pradesh. 14. Candidates are not allowed to carry Cell / Mobile into Examination Hall.