Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) or PM Jan Arogya Yojana is Social Security Welfare Schemes and it is a flagship scheme of Government of India to provide cashless secondary and tertiary care treatment from the empanelled public and private hospitals providing coverage to more than 10 crore poor and vulnerable beneficiary families.
National Health Authority (NHA) is the apex body responsible for the implementation of Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY. Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Scheme is a national public health insurance fund of the Government of India that aims to provide free access to health insurance coverage for low income earners in the country. Roughly, the bottom 50% of the country qualifies for this scheme.
The Ayushman Bharat Card was introduced by the Central government in September 2018 to provide free health facilities to the general public. The scheme offers a health benefit of up to Rs 5 lakhs for every cardholder.
|Name of the Scheme||Ayushman Bharat Scheme|
|Title||Check the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Details|
|Subject||Govt Of India launched the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Scheme (PMJAY)|
Details of Ayushman Bharat Yojana (PMJAY)
Ayushman Bharat Yojana, also known as the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY), is a scheme that aims to help economically vulnerable Indians who need healthcare facilities. Rolled out by the Prime Minister on 23 September 2018, this health insurance scheme covers about 50 crore citizens in India and already has several success stories to its credit.
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana – National Health Protection Scheme has now been renamed Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana. This plans to make secondary and tertiary healthcare completely cashless for the underprivileged section of society. The PM Jan Arogya Yojana beneficiaries get an e-card that can be used to avail services at an empanelled hospital, public or private, anywhere in the country. With it, you can walk into a hospital and obtain cashless treatment.
The coverage includes three days of pre-hospitalisation and 15 days of post-hospitalisation expenses. Moreover, around 1,400 procedures with all related costs like OT expenses are taken care of. PMJAY provides Rs. 5 lakh coverage to every family per year, thus helping the economically disadvantaged access healthcare services easily.
Eligibility for PMJAY
- Household with no adult/male/ earning member within the age group of 16-59 years
- Families living in one room with Kuccha walls and roof
- Families with no members within the age group of 16-59 years
- Household without a healthy adult member and one differently abled member
- Manual scavenger families
- Landless households earning a major part of their family income from manual labour
Benefit: Health coverage of Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization free of cost.
Key Features of PMJAY
- PM-JAY is the world’s largest health insurance/ assurance scheme fully financed by the government.
- It provides a cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization across public and private empanelled hospitals in India.
- Over 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable entitled families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) are eligible for these benefits.
- PM-JAY provides cashless access to health care services for the beneficiary at the point of service, that is, the hospital.
- PM-JAY envisions to help mitigate catastrophic expenditure on medical treatment which pushes nearly 6 crore Indians into poverty each year.
- It covers up to 3 days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days post-hospitalization expenses such as diagnostics and medicines.
- There is no restriction on the family size, age or gender.
- All pre–existing conditions are covered from day one.
- Benefits of the scheme are portable across the country i.e. a beneficiary can visit any empanelled public or private hospital in India to avail cashless treatment.
- Services include approximately 1,393 procedures covering all the costs related to treatment, including but not limited to drugs, supplies, diagnostic services, physician’s fees, room charges, surgeon charges, OT and ICU charges etc.
- Public hospitals are reimbursed for the healthcare services at par with the private hospitals.
Ayushman Bharat Registration
How to apply for Ayushman Bharat Yojana (application process). There is no particular Ayushman Bharat registration procedure of PMJAY. PMJAY applies to all beneficiaries identified by the SECC 2011 and those already part of the RSBY scheme. However, here’s how you can check if you are eligible to be a beneficiary of PMJAY.
- Visit the PMJAY portal and click on ‘Am I Eligible’
- Enter your mobile number and the CAPTCHA code and click on ‘Generate OTP’
- Then select your state and search by name/ HHD number/ ration card number/ mobile number
- Based on the search results, you can verify if your family is covered under PMJAY
- Alternatively, to know if you are eligible for PMJAY, you can approach any Empanelled Health Care Provider (EHCP) or dial the Ayushman Bharat Yojana call centre number.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana: PMJAY patient card generation Once you are eligible for the PMJAY benefits, you can work towards getting an e-card. Your Aadhaar card or ration card will be verified at the PMJAU kiosk before issuing a card. Family identification proofs that can be produced include a government certified list of members, a PM letter and an RSBY card. Once the verification is completed, the e-card is printed along with the unique AB-PMJAY ID. You can use this as proof at any point in the future.
What is Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY)?
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(PM-JAY) is a pioneering initiative of Prime Minister Modi to ensure that poor and vulnerable population is provided health cover. This initiative is part of the Government’s vision to ensure that its citizens – especially the poor and vulnerable groups have universal access to good quality hospital services without anyone having to face financial hardship as a consequence of using health services.
What benefits are available under PM-JAY?
PM-JAY provides an insurance cover up to Rs 5 lakh per family, per year for secondary and tertiary hospitalization. All pre-existing conditions are covered from day 1 of implementation of PM-JAY in respective States/UTs.
Will a card be given to the beneficiary?
A dedicated PM-JAY family identification number will be allotted to eligible families. Additionally, an e-card will also be given to beneficiary at the time of hospitalization.
What is the enrollment process?
PM-JAY is an entitlement based mission. There is no enrollment process. Families who are identified by the government on the basis of deprivation and occupational criteria using the SECC database both in rural and urban areas are entitled for PM-JAY.