The CUET UG Counselling 2024 is the process through which candidates who have qualified in the CUET UG exam can secure admission to undergraduate courses in participating universities.
The counselling process is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and is scheduled to take place in July or August 2024.
The Ministry of Education (MoE) introduced the Common University Entrance Test UG (CUET UG) under its purview, facilitating admissions into all undergraduate programs across Central Universities.
The primary aim of CUET is to provide a level playing field and equal academic opportunities to applicants nationwide, especially those from rural and remote areas.
This initiative will also foster better connections between students and various Central Universities.
By taking just one exam, candidates can now be part of the admissions process for multiple Central Universities. The results for this year’s CUET UG were declared on July 15.
CUET UG Counselling 2024
Similar to the admission procedure in several medical and engineering courses, the UGC has decided to implement a common counselling procedure for undergraduate courses in Central Universities in the coming year.
Once this process is put into action, students will have a single portal to select multiple institutions, as opposed to the current system, where they have to fill out their choices separately. This can enable the central universities to sync their academic sessions as well.
This will not only help the students but also the admission department, as the UGC is hoping that the common CUET UG counselling 2024 will streamline the admission procedure in the future and avert delays.
Once that is launched, the admission process in the central universities will be much more streamlined, and it will be easier for students to apply.
The portal is still being developed, and the UGC will provide further information as soon as possible. Reportedly, a group comprised of representatives from some central universities will oversee the counselling procedure.
|Name of the Counselling||CUET UG Counselling 2024|
|Title||CUET UG Counselling Registration 2024|
|Subject||CUCET UG Counselling Registration 2024|
|Registration Dates||To be announced in 2024|
CUET UG Counselling Steps
- Registration for counselling: Candidates will need to register for counselling on the university’s website.
- Submission of documents: Candidates will need to submit a set of documents, such as their CUET scorecard, marksheets, and other relevant documents.
- Choice filling: Candidates will need to fill out a choice form, indicating their preferences for courses and universities.
- Seat allocation: The university will release a merit list, and candidates will be allotted seats based on their merit and their choices.
- Admission: Candidates who have been allotted seats will need to report to the university and complete the admission process.
Candidates should regularly check the websites of the participating universities for updates on the counselling schedule and procedures.
CUET UG Counselling 2024 Details
- The CUET UG scorecard will be the only basis for admission to undergraduate courses in participating universities.
- There will be no separate entrance exam for admission to undergraduate courses in participating universities.
- The counselling process will be online.
- Candidates will need to pay a counselling fee.
Tips for preparing for CUET UG Counselling 2024
- Make sure you have all the required documents ready.
- Familiarize yourself with the counselling process.
- Start preparing your preferences list early.
- Be aware of the deadlines.
- Stay calm and focused throughout the process.