G.O.MS.No. 20 Dated :26/03/2015: SWD- Best Available School Scheme (Residential) – Enhancement of Scholarship from Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 30,000/- per student per annum to the SC students studying in Best Available Schools- Orders- Issued.
1. G.O.Ms. No. 95, SW (Q.2) Dept, dt : 04/10/1995.
2. G.O.Ms. No. 101, SW (EDN.2) Dept, dt : 31/05/2008.
3. From the President, AP Best Available Schools Managements Association, Hyd, Lr. No. BAS(SC)2012-13-1, Dt : 06/11/2012.
4. Govt Memo No. 2641/SW EDN.2/13-1, dt : 01/03/2013.
5. From the Commissioner of Social Welfare, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad,, Lr. Rc. No. D1/8948/2009,DT:03/10/2013 and 31/10/2014
In the G.O. first read above, guidelines were issued for implementation of the Best Available School (BAS) Scheme. In the G.O. Second read above, revised guidelines were issued for streamlining the operation of the scheme in supersession of the orders issued in the G.O first read above. As per the revised guidelines, the District Level Committee will decide the amount of Scholarship payable for a student. But the scholarship shall not exceed Rs.20,000/- per annum in any case. Subsequently, in the Government memo fourth read above, it was ordered to sanction the BAS rates @ Rs. 20,000/- per student per annum.
2. The management of the schools have requested for enhancement of Pre-matric scholarships under the Scheme as it is not possible for them to run the scheme with limited financial provision.
3. The Commissioner of Social Welfare, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, in his letter 5th read above, has stated that it is noticed that there is a need to enhance the fee structure in order to enrol the best schools offering the best academic inputs and also which will aim at the overall personality development of the student by offering an optimum environment for their personal growth. Accordingly and based on the various factors of price escalation, the nutritional needs etc., the scholarship is proposed for a revision from Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 30,000/- per annum per boarder.
4. Government, after careful examination of the proposal, hereby enhance the scholarship amount of Rs. 20,000/- per boarder per annum under Best Available Schools Scheme to Rs. 30,000/- subject to meeting the expenditure within the Budget available.
5. The above orders will come into force with effect from the next financial year i.e 2015-16.
6. The Director of Social Welfare shall take action accordingly and he shall review the list of schools under the scheme and to ensure that the best schools offering the best academic inputs and also which will aim at the overall personality development of the student are enrolled.
7. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance Department vide their U.O.No. 8512/143/A1/EBS.III/14, DTD : 20/01/2015.