Consolidated Pension Revision for Pensioners: Government of Telangana, Finance Department, PENSIONS – Sanction of Consolidated of Pension/Family Pension to Pensioners retired in the pre-revised scales of Pay, 2015 – Enhancement of Financial Assistance- Enhancement of Minimum Pension to Pensioners & Family pensioners – Orders- issued.
1. G.O.Ms.No.156 Finance (Pen-I) Dept., dt. 16.9.1999
2. G.O.Ms.No.248 Finance (Pen-I) Dept., dt.04.10.2005.
3. G.O.(P).No.338 Finance (Pen-I) Dept., dt.02.11.2005.
4. G.O.Ms.No.438 G.A. (Spl.A) Dept., dated.07.07.2008.
5. G.O.Ms.No.598 G.A. (Spl.A) Dept., dated. 26.11.2009.
6. G.O.(P).No.108 Finance (Pen-I) Dept., dt.03.05.2006.
7. G.O.P. No.314 Finance (Pen-I) Dept., dt.,18.10.2008.
8. G.O.Ms.No.52 Finance (PC-I) Dept., dated 25.02.2010.
9. G.O.Ms.No.100. Finance (Pen.I) Dept., dated:06.04.2010
10. G.O.Ms.No.95 G.A. (Spl.A) Dept., dated. 28.02.2013,
11. G.O.Ms.No.25 Finance (HRM.IV) Dept., dated:18.03.2015.
In the Government Order 10th read above, orders were issued constituting Tenth Pay Revision Commission and laying down the terms of reference of the Pay Revision Commission.
2. The Tenth Pay Revision Commission submitted its report to the Government on 29.05.2014 and recommended, inter alia, the following in respect of pensionary benefits.
(i) Consolidate the basic pension/family pension by merging the Dearness Relief as on 01.07.2013 and by adding the fitment of 29% to the Basic Pension / Basic Family Pension.
(ii) To fix the Minimum Pension at Rs.6500/- p.m.
(iii) To raise the minimum Financial Assistance to the minimum of family pension of Rs.6,500/- p.m. with no Dearness Relief.
(iv) To continue the existing commutation table.
3. In the Government Order,11th read above, orders have been issued revising the Pay Scales of the State Government Employees in pursuance of the recommendations of the Tenth Pay Revision Commissioner and discussions with Employees Associations with effect from 01.07.2013 and with monetary benefit from 02.06.2014.
4. After careful consideration of the above recommendations of the Pay Revision Commission, Government have decided to accept the same and hereby order as follows.
5. (a) The existing Pension/Family Pension, in respect of those retired or died while in service prior to 01.07.2013 and also in the case of family pensioners who are in receipt of Family pension as on 1.7.2013, be consolidated, by adding 43% of fitment benefit on the said basic Pension/ basic Family Pension and by merging the Dearness Relief @ 63.344% admissible as on 01.07.2013 and the same shall be known as Revised Consolidated Basic Pension / Revised Consolidated Basic Family Pension.
(b) This Revised Consolidated Basic Pension or Revised Consolidated Basic Family Pension shall come into force with effect from 01.07.2013 notionally and the monetary benefit be allowed with effect from 02.06.2014 .
(c) No difference on Retirement Gratuity/Encashment of Earned Leave shall be allowed in case of employees who retired between 01.07.2013 and 01.06.2014.
(d) As regards the arrears on account of consolidation of Pension/Family pension / Financial Assistance from 02.06.2014 to 28.02.2015, orders will be issued separately. The consolidated Pension/Family Pension shall be paid in cash from the month of March 2015 payable in the month of April 2015.
6. While fixing the consolidated basic pension/basic family pensionas above, part of a rupee, if any arrived, should be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
7. The Interim Relief paid from 01.01.2014 to 01.06.2014 shall not be recovered. Interim Relief paid for the period beyond 02.06.2014 shall be adjusted from the monetary benefit payable on account of revision of consolidated basic pension consolidated basic family pension.
8. While consolidating the Pension, the additional quantum of pension paid to pensioners on attaining specified ages, which is shown distinctly,should be ignored.
9. A ready reckoner has been appended to this order as Annexure –I. This ready reckoner can be used as reference for payment of the arrears of pension and fixation of Revised Consolidated Basic Pension/Revised Consolidated Basic Family Pension ordered above.
10. In the case of employees who retired on or after 02.06.2014 the pension shall be calculated on the pay in Revised Pay Scales 2015 only.
11.1 The employees who retired between 01.07.2013 and 01.06.2014 are eligible for revision of their pay in the Revised Pay Scales,2015 notionally as per the orders issued in the G.O.11th read above. As such, the pensions of these employees have to be revised notionally based on the revised pay in Revised Pay Scales, 2015 and monetary benefit should be allowed from 02.06.2014 only.
11.2. No difference on Retirement Gratuity/Encashment of Earned Leave shall be allowed to the pensioners on the pension notionally fixed as above.
11.3. However,the difference in commutation value of pension shall be allowed on the pension notionally fixed as above, keeping in view the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India dated.11.11.2005 in C.A.Nos.6780/2005 (arising out of SLP (Civil)No.5394-5470/2004) and as per the orders issued in the reference 6th read above.
12. A Government servant shall continue to be entitled to commute for laumpsum payment up to 40% of his pension. The existing Table of commutation value for pension shall be continued.
|Date of effect||Rates of Dearness Relief sanctioned by the Government of India.||Revised rates||of Dearness Relief|
|Dearness Relief||Dearness Relief (cumulative)|
13.Government also hereby order for the payment of Dearness Relief on the Revised Consolidated Basic Pension/ Revised Consolidated Basic Family Pension as well as on the Pension/ Family Pension fixed with reference to the pay drawn in the Revised Pay Scales 2015 at the rates applicable from time to time with effect from 01.01.2014, 01.07.2014 as indicated below
14. The Dearness Relief shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
15. These orders are applicable to:
(1) All Government Pensioners governed by A.P. Revised Pension Rules, 1980.
(i) Who retired or died prior to 01.07.2013. (ii) Those who retired or died between 01.07.2013 and 01.06.2014 with out the benefit of Revised Pay Scales,2015.
(iii) Those who retired prior to 01.01.1996 drawing UGC pay scales and whose pension was ordered to be consolidated in the light of orders issued in G.O (P) No.95 Finance (Pen.I) Department dated 01.08.2000.
(iv) Provisional Pensioners and Anticipatory Pensioners.
(2)(a) All Government Pensioners in receipt of Service Pensions,Family Pensions under Revised Pension Rules, 1951,the survivors of class IV employees of Nizam-E-Jamiath of Ex Hyderabad Government, Andhra Pradesh Liberalized Pension Rules 1961 and Andhra Pradesh Government Servants (Family Pension) Rules, 1964.
(b) Teaching and non-teaching pensioners of Municipalities, Panchayat Raj Institutions and Aided Educational Institutions who are in receipt of pensions under the Andhra Pradesh Liberalised Pension Rules,1961 and Andhra Pradesh Government Servants (Family Pension) Rules, 1964 and A.P. Revised Pension Rules, 1980. Consolidated Pension Revision for Pensioners
(c) Teaching and non-teaching staff in Aided Educational Institutions in receipt of pensions under the Contributory Provident Fund-cum-Pension and Gratuity Rules, 1961 and Andhra Pradesh Liberalised Pension Rules, 1961.
(d) Those drawing family pensions under G.O.Ms.No.22, Finance and Planning(FW.Pen-I) Department,dated. 16.01.1971, G.O.Ms.No.104, Finance and Planning [FW.Pen-I)Department,dated. 13.04.1973 and G.O.Ms.No.25, Finance and Planning(FW.Pen-I) Department, dated 02.02.1974.
(e) Pensioners who are in receipt of Compassionate Pension under the rules for Compassionate Pensions and Gratuities in the Hyderabad Civil Services Rules; and
(f) Those in receipt of Pensions under the Extra ordinary Pension Rules
(3) Jagir and Estate Pensioners
16. The above consolidation of pension does not apply to:
(i) Those who are drawing pay in the Revised Pay Scale 2005/ Revised U.G.C./ ICAR/AICTE Pay Scales of 1996/2006 even if because of administrative reasons, they have not actually drawn the pay in their Revised Pay Scales as yet.
(ii) Pensioners/ Family Pensioners of the members of the Andhra Pradesh State Higher Judicial Service and Andhra Pradesh State Judicial Service.
(iii) Financial Assistance grantees who are not getting Dearness Relief.
iv) Those who are appointed on or after 01.09.2004
17. Revised Consolidated Basic Pension now sanctioned shall be worked out with reference to the gross Pension i.e.including commuted portion of Pension. As such, the commuted portion of pension which remained un restored, should be deducted from the Revised Consolidated Basic Pension while making monthly disbursements.Consolidated Pension Revision for Pensioners
18. In respect of pensioners and family pensioners who are reemployed,employed, respectively, their pension/ family pension shall also be notionally consolidated and Revised Consolidated Basic Pension/ Revised Consolidated Basic Family pension arrived at notionally. The pay drawn by the re-employed pensioners during the period of re-employment shall also be re-fixed taking into account the Revised Consolidated Basic Pension. Dearness Relief beyond 01.07.2013 will not be admissible to them during the period of re-employment as per the orders issued in G.O.Ms.No.145, Finance and Planning (FW.PSC) Department dated 16.10.2000.
19. At the time of noting Revised Consolidated Basic Pension on the Pension Payment Order, the Pension Disbursing Officer shall simultaneously calculate and note the corresponding Revised Consolidated Basic Enhanced Family Pension and Revised Consolidated Basic Normal Family Pension on the Pension Payment orders. Similarly, in case where Enhanced Family Pension is being paid, the Normal Family Pension to be payable in future should also be consolidated and noted on the Pension Payment Orders.
20. The pension disbursing officers shall communicate the amount of Revised Consolidated Basic Pension and Revised Consolidated Basic Enhanced Family Pension /Revised Consolidated Basic Normal Family Pension to all the service pensioners, family pensioners and obtain their acknowledgment in token of having received the same.Simultaneously, the details of Revised Consolidated Basic Pension/ Revised Consolidated basic Family Pension shall be kept in the website.
21. Government also hereby order that the existing Minimum Pension of Rs.3350/-p.m. shall be enhanced to Rs.6500/-p.m.This enhancement shall come into force with effect from 01.07.2013, with the monetary benefit from 02.06.2014 and the arrears shall be paid as mentioned in para 5 above.
22. In respect of pensioners, whose Revised Consolidated Basic Pension/Revised Consolidated Basic Family Pension falls short of Rs.6500/, the same shall be raised to Rs.6500/- p.m.
23. Enhancement of minimum pension shall apply to those pensioners referred to in para 15 above and Pensioners who are in receipt of Family Pension under G.O.Ms.No.83,Finance and Planning (FW.Pen-I) Department, dated 05.03.1983 and G.O.Ms.No.314, Finance and Planning (FW.Pen-I) Department, dated 21.11.1983.
24. The minimum pension is inclusive of commuted portion of pension. As such commuted portion of pension will be deducted from the minimum pension of Rs.6,500/- per month while making monthly disbursement except in respect of pensioners whose commutation is restored as per the existing orders. Consolidated Pension Revision for Pensioners
25. Government also hereby order that the existing Financial Assistance of Rs.3,350/-p.m.shall be revised and placed at the minimum of family pension of Rs.6,500/-p.m.No Dearness Relief will be admissible on this Financial Assistance. This enhancement shall come into force with effect from 01.07.2013, with the monetary benefit from 02.06.2014 and arrears to be paid as mentioned in Para 5 above.
26. In respect of pensioners drawing two pensions viz. Service Pension and Family Pension, both pensions shall separately be eligible for enhancement to a minimum of Rs.6,500/-p.m. The employed Family Pensioner shall be entitled for payment of Dearness Relief on Family Pensioner respective of the fact that he/she is getting Dearness Allowance on his/her pay. This provision, however,shall not be applicable to the Government employees who are appointed on compassionate grounds.
27. All Pension Disbursing Officers,i.e.all Treasury Officers/Pension Payment Officers are requested to implement these orders without any further authorization from the Accountant General (A&E), Andhra Pradesh & Telangna Hyderabad/ Director of State Audit, Telangana, Hyderabad.
28. The expenditure is allocable among the various States in accordance with the provisions of G.O.Ms.No.198 Finance Department, dated.10.07.1969, G.O.Ms.No.97 Finance (PSC) Department, dated.07.05.2014, G.O.Ms.No.122 Finance (Pen.I) Department, dated 22.05.2014 and also as per instructions issued vide Cicular Memo No. 9665/125/PSC/2014 Finance (PSC) Department dt. 06.05.2014.
29. In respect of the categories of employees who are not covered for payment through the Treasuries, the expenditure shall be debited to the Pension Funds of the concerned Institutions/ Bodies. Consolidated Pension Revision for Pensioners
GO.MS.No. 204 Dated: 12-11-2016: Govt Of Telangana, Pensions -Consolidation of Pension / Family Pension – Amendment-Orders Issued.
Read the following:
1.G.O.Ms.No.31, Higher Education (UE.II) Department,dt. 24.05.2013.
2. G.O.Ms.No.33, Finance (HRM.V) Department, dt. 07-04-2015.
3. Letter No. H1/1769/2014 dt.20.10.2016 received from the DTA Telangana, Hyderabad.
In the reference 2nd read above, Government have issuedorders for consolidation of pension which, inter-alia, mentioned about the applicability of the orders to pensioners who retired prior to 01.01.1996 drawing UGC scales. The intention of the Government was never to confer benefit of consolidation of pension adopting state DR pattern to those who are in receipt of Dearness relief in Government of India pattern. Para 16 (i) of the G.O. 2nd read above makes the intention of Government clear.
2. In the reference 3rd read above, the DTA, Telangana, Hyderabad has requested to clarify on consolidation of pensionadopting state DR pattern for those who are drawing pensions based on UGC scales, stating that there is no order issued by the Government in this regard. The DTA has further stated that some of the UGC pensioners are seeking consolidation of pension adopting state DR pattern.
3. Government, after careful examination of the issue, here by clarify that the orders have already been issued vide reference 1st read above, for consolidation of pension allowing Central Dearness Relief w.e.f. 1.1.1996 to the UGC pensioners from time to timeas per the Government of India guidelines in supersession of the orders issued in G.0. (P).No.95, Finance (Pension. I) Department, dt.01.08.2000.
4. Accordingly, Government hereby issue the following amendment to the G.O. 2nd read above: Consolidated Pension Revision for Pensioners.
In the existing para 15 sub para (1) (iii) shall stand deleted with effect from 07-04-2015.
Minimum Pension at Rs.6500/- p.m., basic pension, family pension, Enhancement of Minimum Pension to Pensioners & Family pensioners