School Education Department, Telangana State Government has issued the Telangana Model Schools New admission guidelines and Procedure through GO.10. As per GO.10 Telangana Model School classes VI to X Admissions should be done by conducting the TSMS Entrance Test and TS Model School Inter Admissions admissions into Junior College Intermediate 1st year shall be based on the marks got in the S.S.C. Examination.
G.O.Ms.No.10; Dated 09 .06.2015:: GO.10 Telangana/TS Model Schools Admissions New Guidelines and Procedure: School Education Department- Model Schools –Guidelines and procedure for admission of students into Model Schools in the State of Telangana – Change of admission pattern – Amendment – Orders – Issued
- G.O.Ms.No.17, Education (SE-Prog.I) Department. Dated 11.02.2013.
- From the Director of School Education and Ex-Officio Project Director, RMSA/Model Schools, Telangana, Hyderabad, Lr. No. 550/B1/MS/TS/2013, dt: 23.02.2015, 23.03.2015 & 29.04.2015.
- G.O.Ms. No.8, S.E.(Prog.I) Dept., dated 01.06.2015.
In the G.O. 1st read above, Government issued Guidelines and procedure for admission of students into Model Schools in the State of Andhra Pradesh from the Academic Year 2013-14.
- In the reference 2nd read above, the Director of School Education and Ex-Officio Project Director, RMSA/Model Schools, Telangana, Hyderabad has requested to declare Telangana State Model Schools as Specified Category under Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 and to issue certain amendments to the guidelines and procedure issued in the reference 1st read above.
- In the reference 3rd read above, Government have declared Telangana State Model Schools as Specified Category Schools under Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009.
- After careful examination of the proposal of the Director of School Education and Ex-Officio Project Director, RMSA/Model Schools, Telangana, Hyderabad in the reference 2nd read above and keeping in view the orders issued in the reference 3rd read above, Government hereby issue the following amendments to the guidelines and procedure prescribed in the G.O. 1st read above :
|Para No.||Existing||Read as|
|2||It is also proposed that admissions for classes VI, VII, VIII shall be done as per the provisions of RTE Act XXXV of 2009 and procedure followed by APREIS will be adopted; admissions into Junior Intermediate shall be based on the marks scored in the SSC Examination in the order of merit.||The admissions for Classes VI to X shall be done by conducting written test and admissions into Junior College Intermediate 1st year shall be based on the marks got in the S.S.C. Examination.|
|5(e)||The lists of applicants class wise and reserved community wise will be sent to the selection committee for drawl of lots or selection by merit as per marks scored in SSC for the purpose of Intermediate Admissions through the Convener Principal of Model Schools and the Principal of the Model School of the Mandal shall participate in the selections for admissions as member when the item of admission work for that school is being taken up.||All the eligible applicants will be allowed for a written test on the prescribed date & time to select the candidates on merit and reservations prescribed. The Convener Principal of the Model Schools and Principal of the Model School of the Mandal shall participate and finalize the selections. Intermediate admissions will be based on marks scored in the SSC. The Director of School Education, Telangana, Hyderabad shall take steps to give notification with Schedule of Syllabi, Examination Centers, Receiving Applications, Conduct of Written Test, Valuation (OMR Sheets) and Preparation of Selection Lists etc. till completion of the admissions.|
|5(g)||The selection of the students will be made through a committee formed under the Chairmanship of Addl.Joint Collector of the District either at a central place on one or more days or at different places depending on the number of schools located in the District. The constitution of the committee shall be as below:||The Convener Principal, after preparing the list of selected candidates, shall submit the selection list to the District Selection Committee under the Chairmanship of the Addl. Joint Collector and with the following members for final approval:-|
|I Additional Joint Collector (Education) – Chairman.||I. Addl. Joint Collector (Education) – Chairman.|
|II District Educational Officer – Member.||II. District Education Officer – Member.|
|III. Regional Inspecting Officer, BIE – Member.||III. Regional Inspecting Officer, BIE – Member.|
|IV. Deputy Educational Officer RMSA – member.||IV. Deputy Educational Officer, RMSA – Member.|
|V. One Principal of APREIS/ APSWERIS/APTWREIS nominated by the District Collector – Member.||V. Principal – Convener of the Model Schools – Convener of the District.|
|VI. Principal of one of the Model Schools in the District nominated by the District Collector – Member Convener (to co-ordinate the work of admissions of all the schools in the district).||VI. Principal of the Model School concerned – Member.|
|VII. Principal of the Model School – Member – (while finalizing the admissions of that school).|
|5 (h)||The Committee will draw the lots in presence of parents / public representatives to ensure complete transparency in selection of students for admissions.||Deleted|
- The above order shall come into force from the Academic year 2015-16.
- The Director of School Education and Ex-Officio Project Director, RMSA/Model Schools, Telangana, Hyderabad shall take necessary action in the matter, accordingly.