Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme for SC, ST Brides and Guidelines, Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam for extending financial assistance of Rs.1,00,116/- to each unmarried girl belonging to SC /ST at the time of marriage residing in Telangana State.
Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam: Unfortunately, the general feeling of many even now, is that, the girl child is bane to their family. In several Dalits and Girijan families unable to get the girl child married, they resort to sell them immediately after their birth.
Realizing this harsh fact, the Telangana State government has decided to provide financial assistance of Rs. 51, 000 to the family of girl child to perform their marriage and named the scheme as “Kalyanalaxmi”. Nowhere in India such a scheme is in existence. One should feel proud for introducing such a scheme in Telangana. This reduces burden on the Girijan and Dalits families. In this regarding Telangana Government has issues a order for Partial modification on “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam”
GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA ABSTRACT
Schemes – “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam/Shaadi Mubaarak Scheme” – Enhancement of financial assistance from Rs.75,116/- to Rs.1,00,116/- under the scheme “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam/Shaadi Mubaarak Scheme” w.e.f.01.04.2018 – Orders – Issued
BACKWARD CLASSES WELFARE (OP) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:
- G.O.Ms.No.25, Scheduled Castes Development (POA.A1), Dept., Dt.12.05.2017
- G.O.Ms.No.18, Minorities Welfare (EStt.I) Dept., Dt.15.05.2017,
- G.O.Ms.No.11, BC Welfare (OP) Dept., Dt.15.05.2017
- G.O.Ms.No.14, B.C. Welfare (OP) Dept., Dt.06.07.2017
Government have introduced the “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam”/ “Shaadi Mubaarak Scheme”, wherein one time financial assistance of Rs.51,000/- is given to every bride of all Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Minorities, Backward Classes and Economically Backward Classes on their marriage, subject to the conditions specified in the Government orders issued from time to time.
- In the reference 1st to 3rd read above, orders have been issued for enhancing the financial assistance from Rs.51,000/- to Rs.75,116/- under the scheme ‘Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam’ and ‘Shaadi Mubaarak’ w.e.f.01.04.2017 to all the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Minorities, Backward Classes and Economically Backward Classes unmarried girl.
- In the reference 4th read above, Government have nominated the BC Welfare Department, Telangana as Nodal Department for monitoring of “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam / Shaadi Mubaarak Scheme” being implemented by Scheduled Castes Development Department / Tribal Welfare Department/Minorities Welfare Department / Backward Classes Welfare Department.
- Government have further reviewed the Scheme and after careful examination of the matter in detail, hereby enhance the financial assistance from Rs.75,116/- to Rs.1,00,116/- under the scheme “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam / Shaadi Mubaarak Scheme” w.e.f.01.04.2018 to all the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Minorities, Backward Classes and Economically Backward Classes unmarried girl.
- The Chief Commissioner of Land Administration/Commissioner of Backward Classes Welfare Department/Scheduled Castes Development/ Tribal Welfare/Minorities Welfare, Telangana, Hyderabad shall take immediate necessary action accordingly. P.T.O.
- This orders issues with the concurrence of the Finance (EBS.III) Department vide their U.O.No.1157/A/75/A1/EBS.III/2018, Dated.03.04.2018.
Government Of Telangana State, Scheduled Castes Development Department, G.O.Ms.No.14, Dated: 21-10-2014 – “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam” for extending financial assistance of Rs.51,000/-(Rupees Fifty
one thousand only) to each unmarried girl belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes at the time of marriage residing in Telangana State – Partial modification – Orders- Issued.
G.O.Ms.No.12, SCD(POA.A1) Dept., dated:24.09.2014.
In the G.O. read above, orders were issued introducing the scheme of “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam” to all SC and ST unmarried girls on their marriage with a view to alleviate financial distress in the family under the
Scheme, a one time financial assistance of Rs. 51,000/- at the time of marriage shall be granted to every SC/ST Girl with effect from October 2, 2014.
In Partial modification of the orders issued in the G.O. read above, Under the Scheme, a one time financial assistance of Rs.51,000/- shall be granted to every SC/ST Girl before the marriage provided an application is
submitted at least one month in advance from the date of marriage subject to the following guidelines given as under:
The unmarried Girl shall belong to SC/ST community.
The unmarried Girl shall be a resident of Telangana State.
The unmarried Girl should have completed 18 years of
age at the time of Marriage.
The combined income of the Parents shall not exceed
Rs.2,00,000/- per annum.
The Wedding of the SC/ST girl shall be on or after
October 2, 2014.
Procedure for application and processing
(a) Applicant shall apply online for the Telangana Kalyana
Lakshmi Pathakam by accessing the website at the
following site: http://epasswebsite.cgg.gov.in through any
MEESEVA Center or may submit their application directly
at the Tahsildar Office.
(b) The following certificates shall be submitted:
i) Date of birth – Issued by the competent authority.
ii) Caste Certificate – Issued by the Competent authority.
iii) Income Certificate (the certificate shall be latest and shall not be older than 6 months from the date of marriage).
iv) Aadhaar card of the bride and bride groom to be scanned and uploaded (if available)
v) A scanned copy of the first page of Bank Pass Book (Saving Account) containing the photo of the bride and
the account details in the name of the bride.
vi) Wedding Card (if available).
vii) The following documents/certificates shall be submitted where the wedding has been performed or after the wedding.
- Letter by the Gram Panchayat/Church/Mosque/any
other authority/ institution which has performed the
The Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam cannot be combined with any
other scheme such as the incentive award for inter-caste marriage
with Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
The Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam is only a one time financial
assistance and can be availed only once in the life time of the bride.
The Joint Director/Deputy Director / DTWO/ PO, ITDA of the
Scheduled Caste Development/ Tribal Welfare Department shall
process the application and after due verification of the documents by
the field staff, sanction the amount to be payable in the bank account
of the Bride as furnished.
The Commissioner, Scheduled Castes Development and Tribal Welfare
shall ensure wide publicity of the scheme.
The expenditure is debitable to the following head of account
2225- Welfare of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and
other Back Wards Classes.
01-Welfare of SCs
11- Normal State Plan
SH(13)- Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme
312-Other Grant-in Aid (to be opened)
The Commissioners, Scheduled Castes Development and Tribal
Welfare shall take necessary action accordingly.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details