AP Pratibha Awards Guidelines: Govt of Andhra Pradesh, School Education Department has issued New guidelines for the Pratibha Scholarship Scheme. As per the GO 19, Dt 25/02/2015 the AP Govt is very keen to promote quality and excellence in the education sector. For this purpose, the AP Govt introduced Pratibha Awards for meritorious students who excel in the SSC Public Examinations will be awarded merit certificates. For this Award distribution, Scholarships and a memento will be given to the selected student.
G.O.MS.No.19; Dated: 25-02-2015: Government Of Andhra Pradesh, School Education Department – “PRATIBHA” award Scheme for promoting Quality and Excellence in Education – Revised guidelines -Issued.
1. G.O.Ms.No.207, Higher Education (EC.1) dept, Dt:28.06.1999.
2. G.O.Ms.No.51 Education (SE-Exams) Department, Dt:24.08.1999.
3. Govt.Memo.No.10228/E.C.I/2000-3, Dt: 14.05.2001.
4. G.O.Ms.No.12 higher Education (EC-1) department, Dt: 1.02.2005
5. Commissioner of School Edn. Lr.Rc.No.6/VE-4/2013, Dt:16.08.2014, 22.01.2015 & 20.02.2015.
The Government of Andhra Pradesh in its endeavor to promote quality and excellence in education has introduced the scheme of “Pratibha Awards”. Under this scheme, meritorious students who excel in the SSC Public Examinations will be awarded merit certificates, a memento and scholarships to meet the cost of Higher Education.
The Commissioner of School Education, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad in the reference 5th read above has submitted the proposal to the Government for the issue of revised guidelines on “Pratibha Scholarship awards”:
AP Pratibha Awards New Guidelines:
Government after careful examination of the matter duly considering the proposal of Commissioner of School Education, A.P., Hyderabad and in partial modification of the orders issued in the references 1st to 4th read above hereby issue the following revised guidelines:
1. In every Mandal, 6 students will be given Pratibha Awards for their highest score in class X (the preceding Academic Year) one each for BC, SC, ST, one for the Girl Student and two for OC. Pratibha Scholarship amount for the selected Awardee will be given in one installment only @ Rs.20,000/- per awardee as detailed below:
|Sl.No.||Category||No. of Awards||Gender||Award Amount|
|1||OC||2||Either Boy or Girl||40,000|
|2||BC||1||Either Boy or Girl||20,000|
|3||ST||1||Either Boy or Girl||20,000|
|4||SC||1||Either Boy or Girl||20,000|
|5||GIRL STUDENT||1||Either OC, BC, SC and ST GIRL||20,000|
2. The selection list of the students shall be prepared based on the merit list furnished by the Director of Govt. Examinations keeping in view of the guidelines issued in G.O.Ms.No.207, Higher Education (EC.I) Dept., dated: 28.06.1999 & G.O.Ms.No.51 Education (SE-Exams) Dept., Dt:24.08.1999.
3. The guidelines issued in G.O.Ms.No.51 Edn (SE.Exams) Dept, dated:24.08.1999 shall be followed while selecting the students basing on the Grade Point Average (GPA) obtained in SSC Examinations instead of marks mentioned in the said G.O. In case there is a tie in the student’s GPA, the students shall be selected based on the date of birth whoever is elder. If the Date of Birth is also the same, students will be selected on the preferential order of ST/SC/BC & OC.
4. The students shall be selected for the Pratibha Award irrespective of ceiling limit of income as prescribed in G.O.Ms.No.12 Higher Education (EC.I) Dept, Dated: 01.02.2005.
5. The receipt of the award amount need not be linked to other welfare scholarship amounts received by the candidate by virtue of their other Social / Physical disadvantages, as the main objective of the scheme is to recognize the merit and for encouraging continuity in their studies/study.
6. A State function shall be organized by the Commissioner of School Education instead of District Level to facilitate the Awardees.
7. All the candidates selected for Pratibha Awards shall be given (a) a cash memo for Rs.20,000/- (b) a certificate and (c) memento.
8. Lump-sum amount paid to the students for meeting the costs of travel, boarding and lodging should also be enhanced as per the present rates.
9. The State Level function shall be organized every year in the month of September.
10. The cash award shall be paid only after the admission of the candidate into higher studies and after furnishing of the confirmation by the concerned competent authority.
4. The Commissioner of School Education, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad is directed to implement the scheme of “Pratibha Awards” with the above-revised guidelines to the meritorious students with immediate effect.
5. The Commissioner of School Education, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad shall take further necessary action accordingly.