A.P. Panchayat Raj Subordinate Service – Filling up of the vacant posts of Panchayat Secretaries Group IV Recruitment in respect of Contract Panchayat Secretaries in PR Department – Permission Accorded – Orders – Issued.
PANCHAYAT RAJ AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT (MDL.II) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. 379 Dated:14-08-2013
Read the following:
1) G.O.Ms.No.369, PR&RD(MDL.II) Dept., Dt.12.12.2001.
2) G.O.Ms.No.148, PR&RD(MDL.II) Dept, Dt.6.5.2003.
3) G.O.Ms.No.223, PR&RD(MDL.II) Dept., Dt.26.5.2006.
4) Representation from Sri P.Madhusudhan Reddy, President, A.P. Contract Gram Panchayat Secretaries Association, dt.13-7-2008.
5) G.O.Ms.No.81,PR&RD(MDL.II) Dept. dt.20.2.2010.
6) G.O.Ms.No.84, PR&RD(MDL.II) Dept, Dt.24.2.2010.
7) G.O.Ms.No.287, HM&FW(J2) Dept. dt. 19-10-2010
8) From the Commissioner, PR&RE, Lr.No.2208/CPR&RE /B1/2005, dt.3.5.2011, 11.10.2012 & 23-10-2012
|Department||Panchayat Raj and Rural Development|
|GO No||G.O.Ms.No. 379|
|Subject||Panchayat Secretaries Group IV Recruitment|
Consequent to the 73rd Constitutional Amendment the local self Governments have attained a place of considerable importance as far as public interface is concerned and the Gram Panchayats are the cutting edge of the structure. Important functions such as construction and maintenance of drinking water systems, internal roads, drainage, sanitation, street lights, relief, etc., are already entrusted to Gram Panchayats. Further measures are underway to devolve more functions to Panchayat Raj Institutions. Under these circumstances, it becomes imperative to provide basic administrative support to Gram Panchayats. Panchayat Secretaries Group IV Recruitment
- Accordingly in the G.O. first read above, the Government had created the post of Panchayat Secretary in each Gram Panchayat combining the Revenue and Panchayat functions under the administrative control of the Gram Panchayat. At the time of the creation of Panchayat Secretary, there was 21,943 number of Gram Panchayats in the State. Out of them, only 1319 Gram Panchayats have notified Gram Panchayats which had a post of Executive Officer to assist the Gram Panchayat in its day to day administration for maintenance of accounts and other administrative assistance. The remaining 20,624 number of Gram Panchayats had no full-time functionary to assist the Sarpanch in local administration. Thereafter, the non notified Gram Panchayats numbering 20,624 were also notified as required under APPR Act, 1994 so as to enable to post a full-time functionary in the said Gram Panchayats. Consequently, Government has issued orders for appointment of 1334 Panchayat Secretaries on a contract basis from the open market with a minimum qualification of Graduation under rule 9 of A.P. State and Subordinate Service Rules, 1996 vide G.O. Second read above.
- Subsequently, in 2006 Government found 2087 vacancies of Panchayat Secretaries and issued orders vide G.O. third read above for filling up of the said vacancies with Intermediate as minimum qualification with the same terms and conditions as stipulated vide G.O. second read above. In both the circumstances, a consolidated remuneration of Rs.2000/- PM was fixed for Contract Panchayat Secretaries. A District Level Committee consisting of the District Collector, Chief Executive Officer., ZP and District Panchayat Officer was constituted to select the Panchayat Secretaries based on the marks obtained in the prescribed Educational qualification, and by following Rule of Reservations in each District.Panchayat Secretaries Group IV Recruitment.
- In the G.O., fifth read above, Government have issued orders regrouping the posts of Panchayat Secretary from seven categories into four grades. In G.O., 6th read above, the A.P. Panchayat Raj Subordinate Service Rules, 2010 were issued, wherein there is a provision for direct recruitment for the post of Panchayat Secretary Gr.IV with the qualification of a pass in Degree.
- The following is the status of Number of Posts, vacancies in these categories:
Panchayat Secretary Gr.I: 46
Panchayat Secretary Gr.II: 1373
Panchayat Secretary Gr.III: 2375
Panchayat Secretary Gr.IV: 3351
- In the reference fourth read above, A.P. Contract Gram Panchayat Secretaries Association has requested the Government to regularize their services contending that
(i) they have been recruited by following all the conditions of service rules albeit on a contract basis.
(ii) their recruitment was done by issuing notification by the District Selection Committee;
(iii) the recruitment was done with proper communal reservation as per the rules; and
(iv) the local area norms under Presidential Rules were also fulfilled.”
- However, it may be noted that 1334 Contract Gram Panchayat Secretaries recruited during the year 2003 was as per the prescribed qualification i.e., Graduation, but the 2006 recruitment was based on the relaxed qualification of intermediate only. Many of the Gram Panchayat Secretaries recruited in 2006 have by now acquired graduation leaving only 208 Panchayat Secretaries with just Intermediate qualification.
- The government have re-examined the entire issue of filling up of the posts of Panchayat Secretary Gr.IV and decided to adopt the pattern that was followed by the Medical and Health Dept. while filling up of the post of Staff Nurses etc., in the State on regular basis vide G.O.Ms.No.287, Medical & Health Dept., Dt. 19-10-2010. Accordingly, the Commissioner, PR&RE has submitted a proposal in this regard.
- After careful examination of the matter, the Government hereby adopts the pattern that was followed by the Medical and Health Department while making the recruitment of staff nurses as envisaged in GO Ms.No.287, M&H (J2) Department, Dt. 19.10.2010 for General Direct Recruitment of 2261 vacancies of Panchayat Secretary Gr.IV. Towards this end Government hereby constitute the District Selection Committees in each District consisting of the District Collector as Chairman, the Chief Executive Officer, ZP and the District Panchayat Officer, as Members, so as to complete the task of filling up of 2261 vacancies of Panchayat Secretaries Gr.IV.
- Government hereby decide and order to consider all the eligible and qualified Contract Gram Panchayat Secretaries for the General Direct Recruitment with a relaxation in the age, provided their age on the day they entered into the Contractual service was within the limits prescribed in the rules i.e. above 18 years but less than 36 years. In all other respects, they should comply with the prescribed service conditions.
- Normal rules of reservation applicable for the post would also be complied with during the selection process. 75% weightage would be based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination i.e. marks obtained in Degree examination. Of the remaining 25%, a weightage of 15 % would be awarded for the service as Gram Panchayat Secretaries @ 3 marks per every year of service and 10% for the seniority after the date of acquisition of educational qualification @ 1 mark for each year of waiting after acquiring Degree qualification.
- The District Selection Committees should issue recruitment notification expeditiously and complete the process of selection within three months’ time.
- This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (SMPC) Dept. vide their U.O.No.20695/390/A4/SMPC-I/13 Dated. 8.8.2013.