GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
SOCIAL WELFARE DEPARTMENT – Pre Matric Scholarships to Scheduled Caste Students under the New Scheme Best Available Schools – Non-Residential Scheme from the Academic Year 2014 15-Detailed guidelines-Orders-Issued.
SOCIAL WELFARE (EDN.2) DEPARTMENT
G.O. Ms .No. 52 Dated:23-05-2014
Read the following :-
- G.O.Ms.No.101, Social Welfare (Edn.2) Dept., dt.: 31-05-2008.
- G.O.Ms.No.10, Planning (XXII) Dept, dated 23-02-2013.
- Minutes of the 2nd Meeting of Nodal Agency for SCSP held on 13-3-2013.
- Minutes of the 3rd Meeting of Nodal Agency for SCSP held on 4-5-2013.
- Minutes of the 2nd Meeting of State Council for Development of SCs & STs held on 21-05-2013.
- From the Commissioner of Social Welfare, AP, Hyd. Lr.Rc.No.D(1)/684/2013-2, dt.23-12-2013.
In the G.O first read above, guidelines were issued for implementation of Best Available Schools scheme for residential students. A review of the scheme has brought to light that the best schools often do not have a residential facility with a view to facilitate the benefit to such schools, it is proposed to take up the “Best Available Schools – Non-Residential Scheme”.
The proposal was discussed and deliberated during the 2nd & 3rd Nodal Agency meeting held on 13-3-2013 & 4-5-2013 and it was decided to recommend the scheme to the State Council for Development of SCs & STs for approval. The State Council in its meeting held on 21-05-2013 has approved the “Best Available Schools – Non-Residential Scheme” to be taken up under the SCSP.
In the reference sixth read above, the Commissioner of Social Welfare, AP, Hyd. has informed that the financial implications would amount to Rs.4,60,00,000/- (Rupees Four Crores Sixty Lakhs only) to implement (100) seats per District i.e total (2,300) seats from SCSP funds under the new Scheme “Best Available Schools – Non-Residential Scheme” @ Rs.20,000/- per annum, per student, from the Academic Year 2014-15.
In pursuance of the approval of the “Best Available Schools – Non-Residential Scheme” Government hereby introduce the “Best Available (Day) School Scheme” for all SC students from the Academic Year 2014-15 subject to the following guidelines :-………