DEO Adilabad, MDM Scheme, Guidelines on MDM Scheme Effective Implementation, Proceedings of the District Educational Officer, Adilabad, Rc.No.A3/MDM/Compl/2014; DT:08-12-2014
Subject: School Education – Adilabad district – Implementation of the Mid Day Meal Scheme -untowrads incidents happening in the schools – instructions issued -Reg.
1.Lr.No.F.1-15/2009-Desk (MDM), dated:10/02/2010 of Joint Secretary to GOI, MHRD, New Delhi.
2. G.O.Ms.No.21, Edn. (SE-Prog.I) Dept., dated:10/03/2011.
3. Instructions of the District Collector, Adilabad dt: 5-12-2014
The immediate attention of the Mandal Educational officers and Head Masters are invited to reference cited as you are aware the Mid Day Meal Scheme is one of the key programmes of the Government of India being implemented to achieve certain objectives.
In our district, MDM is covering 3.24 lakhs children in 3849 Schools. Their is a very large scheme benefiting large clientele being implemented by the Education Department.
The Mandal authorities have to supervise the Scheme especially with reference to hygiene and cleanliness of MDM which is prepared and served. In this connection, you are requested to bestow your personal attention, in effective and successful monitoring of the Scheme.
Recently incidents have occurred under Mid Day Meals in Khanapur, Kaddam mandals and Model school Bangariguda where in so many children were hospitalized after consuming Mid Day Meal served to them.
Guidelines on MDM Scheme Effective Implementation
Based on the instructions issued by the District collector Adilabad and Addl.director of MDM, the Deputy Educational Officers and Head Masters and Mandal Educational officers are requested to strictly follow instructions given below.
- The Mandal level Steering cum Monitoring Committee meetings should be held every month in the presence of mandal level committee meeting as per instructions issued in G.O.Ms.No. 21, Edn. (SE-Prog.I) Dept., dated:10/03/2011 and review the scheme which is not being done regularly and minutes are to be submitted to this office.
- The Village Organisation / parent teacher meetings should also be held regularly and MDM scheme should be reviewed critically to ensure that hygienic and nutritious food is served to the School Children.
- For effective implementation of the scheme, each mandal should be divided into three parts and school in each part should be inspected by Mandal Educational Officer, Mandal Development Officer and EORD.
- They should take responsibility of inspecting 15 to 20 schools in their jurisdictions with overall responsibility lying with Mandal Educational Officer. The DEO / Dy.E.O / M.E.O must make surprise visit every day of two schools for inspecting MDM.
- The Mandal Development Officer, Mandal Educational Officer and EORD should visit compulsorily two schools daily and see that the MDM is being implemented properly.
- The inspecting/visiting officer should compulsorily taste the food being served to the children under MDM scheme and also every Headmaster/ Teacher in charge of MDM of the school concerned must taste the food served under Mid Day Meals prior to serving the children and ensure that the hot cooked meal is served to the children.
- The food grains being supplied under MDM scheme should be of Fair Average Quality rice and they should be properly stored and utilized on First In First Out basis.
- Old stock of foodgrains is not to be utilized and to be returned back if not of the required quality.
- The ingredients being used for cooking purpose should be properly stored in containers and only Iodised salt / double fortified salt, fresh oil to be used.
- Fresh pulses and other ingredients are to be utilized as per the GOI norms.
- In the mandals where cooking agency are serving MDM, such agencies are to be instructed that the MDM should be of good quality & prepared in hygienic condition and to reach the school in time and served hot.
- Over head tanks must be cleaned frequently, using bleaching powder.
- Good Sanitation and Cleanliness has to be maintained in the premises of the school and also at the place where food is being cooked, ensuring there is no stagnant water.
- Cooking and serving utensils should be properly cleaned after use and dried everyday before and after use.
- Only fresh vegetables are to be used and vegetables are to be washed properly before cutting in salt water and cut on a mat or mattress.
- The Gas cyllinder to be used to cook food.wherever the gas cylinder are provided.
- The cook cum helpers must ensure utmost personal hygiene.
- First aid kit with proper medicines should be maintained in school.
- Ensure that children wash their hands with soap before and after eating.
- Proper sanitation facilities are also to be provided for the children.
- The attendance registers in the schools are to be cross verified with the food grains lifted and daily utilization by the inspecting officer. The MDM registers and regular attendance registers in schools are also to be checked during visit / inspection by inspecting officers duly verifying regular attendance and Mid Day Meals taken attendance registers.
- The Mandal Educational Officer and Head master of concerned schools will be held personally responsible for the untoward incidents and action will be initiated against them and also on the implementing cooking agency for any lapse found.
Guidelines on MDM Scheme Effective Implementation
A. The following records are to be maintained at School/Cooking Agency level:
- General Register for MDM opted children.
- Rice issue Register day wise rice issue register
- Mid Day Meal Consolidated Monthly register.
- Monthly bills.
- Visitors Register.
- Taste register of MDM
B. The following records are maintained at Mandal Offices:
- Cash Book
- Sub Treasury Office Registers
- Stock Entry Registers
C. Important Instructions on MDM:
As per Telangana SSA, Rc.no:2834;dt:23.1.2015.
- MEOs are Instructed to Conduct H.Ms Meeting on 2nd of Every Month.
- Should Collect Closing Balance of Super fine Rice in Respective School Point and Meals Taken by the Students.
- MEOs have to Submitt the Report to DEOs by 4th of Every Month.
- DEOs have to Submit the Report to Civil Supplies Officers by 5th of Every Month.
In view of the above, the DY.EOs and Mandal Educational officers and Head Masters are requested to bestow their personal attention in the matter and see that the above instructions are implemented and MDM scheme is implemented in an effective manner without giving any scope for any unforeseen incidents. Source: O/o DEO Adilabad
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details