How many SIM cards registered On Your Aadhar Card? Check the how many SIMs are registered on your name or on your Aadhar Card in India and Block the unwanted SIM numbers Online at TRAI new TAF COP consumer portal, https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in.
Here we are providing detailed instructions on How to Know how many SIM Cards on your Aadhar Card or on your name? According to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), it is also important for you to know how many mobile numbers are linked with your Aadhaar number.
So that you know that your Aadhaar number is not being misused anywhere. To find out how many numbers are linked with the Aadhar card, it is necessary that your mobile number is linked to it. Sometimes the SIM card is lost due to theft or fall of the mobile phone and your sim card can be misused.
The Department of Telecommunication (DoT) under the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology increased the number of mobile connections per person in 2018.
It has raised the number by 18, which includes 9 SIMs that can be used for normal mobile communications and the rest 9 for M2M (Machine to Machine) communications.
|Name of the Query||How many SIMs on Your Aadhar card?|
|Title||How many SIM Cards are registered on Your Aadhar card?|
|Subject||TAF COP is providing a feature i.e., How to Know how many Mobile Numbers on Aadhar?|
|CAF||Customer Acquisition Form (CAF)|
Know the number of connections issued in your name by logging in using your mobile number – Know the Number of Connections
According to the guidelines for complete subscriber verification, it is the responsibility of the device maker to preinstall M2M. The end-user should also update the subscriber details if the device is transferred to any other user.
This initiative was taken by the DoT in 2019 for the development of the Telecom Analytics for Fraud management and Consumer Protection (TAF-COP) portal website to extend help to the subscribers.
In 2019, the Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, made it mandatory for all mobile users to link Aadhaar with their SIMs. The DoT launched a web portal using which you can check how many mobile numbers are registered against a single Aadhaar card.
The service, called Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection (TAFCOP), is currently available only for users in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, according to the website.
This is very useful service launched by DoT. Type in your mobile number and you will know mobile numbers of all the SIM cards purchased with your Aadhaar as soon as you enter the OTP. You can ban any of them.
What are the benefits of TAFCOP portal?
- The TAFCOP web portal that allows users to check mobile connections issued in their names.
- The portal can be used to see the list of mobile numbers issued against a user Aadhaar card.
- As per DOT guidelines, registration for up to 9 mobile connections is permitted for one user.
- Using the portal, citizens can also report the numbers that they don’t identify or are no longer in use.
- This website has been developed to help subscribers check the number of mobile connections working in their name, and take necessary action for regularising their additional mobile connections if any.
What are the facilities provided in TAFCOP portal?
- Subscribers having more than nine multiple connections in their name will be intimated by SMS.
- Subscribers having more than nine multiple connections in their name can check at https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in, to take necessary action.
- Go check the status at https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/ to login with your number and enter the “Ticket ID Ref No” in the “Request Status” box.
- However, subscribers can register more than nine numbers by filling up a Customer Acquisition Form (CAF).
- Primary responsibility to handle these forms lies with the service providers.
- To avail this service, the mobile number that you entered should already be linked to Aadhaar.
When you entered the Received OTP, the Portal will display the following information
- List of Mobile Numbers registered on your IDs
- You may choose to select the numbers that are not in your name or not required, and submit your Report.
- No action is required for the numbers you need to retain.
- If your mobile number is activated as corporate connection then all related mobiles of your corporate will be listed
How many SIM Cards on Your Aadhar card in India?
Under the existing guidelines, a subscriber is allowed to have nine mobile connections. Those with more than nine numbers against a single Aadhaar, will be sent an SMS. Additional connections can be regularised by following step number 5. Here are the steps to finding the number of SIM cards registered under your Aadhaar card
Visit the TAF-COP website
First open the link of Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection portal website, https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/ on your internet browser.
Enter Your Mobile Number
Once you reached the TAF-COP website, Enter your mobile number in the required field and click on the request OTP Button.
DoT will send you an SMS with OTP to validate your sign in. You will now receive a 6-digit one-time password (OTP) and enter the OPT to validate.
Check the mobile numbers
On the next page, the portal will display the list of all mobile number linked with your Aadhar card. You can check the mobile numbers.
Report and block number
Once check the list of all mobile numbers. If you see numbers that don’t belong to you, or you don’t want to use, just mark a tick next to the number(s) and click on “Report.” If all the numbers belong to you, and you want to continue using them, no action is required. Users can report and block number that are not in use.