How to Update Aadhaar Data at Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal. AADHAAR, How is AADHAAR useful, How to enrol for AADHAAR, How to update AADHAAR data, How to download E-AADHAAR, The Kiosk Resident Portal, Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal, How to Update or Correct Aadhaar Data at Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal
What is Aadhar?:
Aadhaar is a 12 digit individual identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India. This number will serve as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. Any individual, irrespective of age and gender, who is a resident in India and satisfies the verification process laid down by the UIDAI can enrol for Aadhaar.Each individual needs to enrol only once which is free of cost. Each Aadhaar number will be unique to an individual and will remain valid for life. Aadhaar number will help you provide access to services like banking, mobile phone connections and other Govt and Non-Govt services in due course.
Resident’s data shared with UIDAI while enrolling is fully safe and it is not shared with anybody without resident’s consent. The residents who have already received Aadhaar or enrolled for Aadhaar need not enrol again unless specifically advised in writing by the UIDAI. There is no last date for enrolment. Residents can enrol any time as per their convenience at the designated centres. Enrolment for Aadhaar is a continuous process with no last date.
What are the uses of Aadhra Card?
The objective of the concept is to ensure that the advantage of the government schemes and programmes would reach to the genuine beneficiaries. It will help in reducing bogus ration cards and other documents and leave no space for ambiguity. Aadhaar card can be used as ID proof. Aadhaar helps in proving identity during the train level. Aadhar is useful to get government subsidies under various schemes, to open a new bank account, to get a new LPG connection, to get a new mobile connection etc.,
How to enrol for an Aadhar?
You can enrol for an Aadhaar at any of the Enrolment Centres in your state. These centres are run by UIDAI appointed Registrars. Duly fill up the enrolment application and submit valid proofs of identity and address. Photographs, biometric fingerprints will be collected along with IRIS scan. You should provide your mobile number for further verification and access
How to Update Aadhar Data at Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal
If you have face problems with your aadhaar card, that is errors in Name or Gender or DOB or Address or Mobile Number. You no need to go to any meeseva centres or Aadhaar Enrollment centres. This post will help you to update your Aadhaaar Card and also to correct the error in your card by sitting in your home. So, you can easily change all these errors. UIDAI is committed to providing resident-friendly eco-system and self-service update portal is one of the various touchpoints to update their profile in 3 easy steps:
- STEP 1: Log in with Aadhaar,
- STEP 2: Upload Documents and
- STEP 3: Select BPO Service Provide and submit the request.
Note that Update here refers to any changes as well as corrections, if required, in resident´s original Aadhaar letter. Any resident with a mobile number can update their profile using this portal. Mobile number is mandatory to receive password for login.
Residents can update Name, Address, Gender, Date of Birth and Mobile Number through this portal. For other updates, please visit Aadhaar Enrollment / Update Center. Residents are required to upload a self-signed (self-attested) copy of relevant documents for update/ correction. Please click here for the valid list of documents. Submission of information for update does not guarantee an update of Aadhaar data. The information submitted is subject to verification and validation.
UIDAI has permitted 18 types of documents as Identity proof, 32 types of different documents as an Address proof and 3 types of documents as the date of birth proof. Here were are provided a list of valid documents for data update.
Supported Proof of Date of Birth (DoB) Documents:
- Birth Certificate
- SSLC Book/Certificate
Documents for Identity proof
|Passport,||Photo Bank ATM Card,|
|PAN Card,||Photo Credit Card, Pensioner Photo Card,|
|Ration/ PDS Photo Card,||Freedom Fighter Photo Card,|
|Voter ID, Driving License,||Kissan Photo Passbook, CGHS / ECHS Photo Card,|
|Government / Service Photo ID Cards issued by PSU,||Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts,|
|NREGS Job Card,||Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead,|
|Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution,||Disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT,|
|Arms License,||Marriage Certificate and Gazette Notification are accepted as identity proofs.|
Address proof documents:
|Document Name||Document Name|
|Passport,||NREGS JOB CARD,|
|Bank Statement/ Passbook,||Arms License,|
|Post Office Account Statement/Passbook,||Pensioner Card,|
|Ration Card,||Freedom Fighter Card,|
|Voter ID,||Kissan Passbook,|
|Driving License,||CGHS / ECHS Card,|
|Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU,||Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead,|
|Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months),||Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas), Income Tax Assessment Order,|
|Water bill (not older than 3 months),||Vehicle Registration Certificate,|
|Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months),||Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement,|
|Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months),||Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts,|
|Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months),||Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt,|
|Insurance Policy,||Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations,|
|Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead,||Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months),|
|Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead,||Passport of Spouse,|
|Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead,||Passport of Parents(in case of Minor) are accepted as address proofs.|
Follow the steps for Updating Aadhar Data:
- First, go to the aadhar official website home page by entering URL uidai.gov.in, then, Official webpage will have appeared in your browser.
- Now search for “Resident portal” button on this page and click on it, then another page will appear in your browser with the address https://resident.uidai.net.in/.
- In this “Kiosk-Resident Portal” page, you can click on the Update Aadhar Data for start the process. Now, Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal Web page will appear after click in the above button. In this service page, please enter your Aadhaar number in the given field and enter the text in the required field, after a click on the send OTP.
- Then, You will receive One Time Password (OTP) on your mobile number and enter received OTP.
- Data Update Request section will be opened on this same page.
- Please select field/s which you want to update/correct by selecting radio buttons of Name, Gender, DOB, Address, Mobile Number. After, click on the Submit button.
- Then the online application form will be opened. In this section, you can fill the form with the required information and click on the “submit update request“
- You confirm that you have read the instructions carefully and the information provided by you to the UIDAI and the information contained herein is true, correct and accurate and click on the proceed button.
- Update Request Confirmation and Document Upload page will be opened.
- In this section you have to upload self-attested copy of valid proof, here you can upload and submit.
- Select BPO Service Provide and submit a request, then a message will see on the page like, “your update has been successfully submitted on today. Your Update Request Number(URN) is 12345 ” and Note down your Update Request Number (URN) carefully for future reference and tracking. You can also download /Print your Update Request copy. That’s all.