Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam for SC ST Brides and Guidelines(TS GO.14), Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme for SC, ST Brides and Guidelines, Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam for extending financial assistance of Rs.75,116/- to each unmarried girl belonging to SC /ST at the time of marriage residing in Telangana State.
Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam:
Unfortunately, the general feeling of many even now, is that the girl child is a bane to their family. In several Dalits and Girijan families unable to get the girl child married, they resort to selling them immediately after their birth.
Realizing this harsh fact, the Telangana State government has decided to provide financial assistance of Rs.1,00,116/- to the family of a girl child to perform their marriage and named the scheme as “Kalyanalaxmi”.
Nowhere in India such a scheme is in existence. One should feel proud of introducing such a scheme in Telangana. This reduces the burden on the Girijan and Dalits families. In this regarding Telangana Government has issued an order for Partial modification on “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam”.
|Title||Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam for SC/ST Brides|
|Subject||Enhancement of financial assistance from Rs.75,116/- to Rs.1,00,116/- under the scheme “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam/Shaadi Mubaarak Scheme” w.e.f.01.04.2018|
Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam to reduce financial distress of SC/ST and minority families,government decided to sanction a one-time financial assistance of Rs.1,00,116 at the time of marriage for the brides who are residents of Telangana state.
Accordingly Kalyana Lakshmi and Shaadi Mubarak have been introduced by Government of Telangana with effect from October 2, 2014 for unmarried girls who have complete 18years of age and whose parental income does not exceed Rs.2,00,000 per annum.
Beneficiary: Girls over 18 years age Women
Benefits: Financial assistance to brides family belonging to any community with a combined annual income of her parents not exceeding Rs 200000
Government Of Telangana State, Scheduled Castes Development Department, G.O.Ms.No.14, Dated: 21-10-2014 – “Kalyana Lakshmi
Pathakam” for extending financial assistance of Rs.75,116/- to each unmarried girl belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes at the time of marriage residing in Telangana State – Partial modification – Orders- Issued.
G.O.Ms.No.12, SCD(POA.A1) Dept., dated:24.09.2014.
In the G.O. read above, orders were issued introducing the scheme of
“Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam” to all SC and ST unmarried girls on their
marriage with a view to alleviating financial distress in the family under The scheme, one-time financial assistance of Rs.51,000/- at the time of
marriage shall be granted to every SC/ST Girl with effect from October 2,
Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam
GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA – Schemes – “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam/Shaadi Mubaarak Scheme” – Enhancement of financial assistance from Rs.75,116/- to Rs.1,00,116/- under the scheme “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam/Shaadi Mubaarak Scheme” w.e.f.01.04.2018 – Orders – Issued
BACKWARD CLASSES WELFARE (OP) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No.25, Scheduled Castes Development (POA.A1), Dept., Dt.12.05.2017
2. G.O.Ms.No.18, Minorities Welfare (EStt.I) Dept., Dt.15.05.2017,
3. G.O.Ms.No.11, BC Welfare (OP) Dept., Dt.15.05.2017
4. G.O.Ms.No.14, B.C. Welfare (OP) Dept., Dt.06.07.2017
Government have introduced the “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam”/ “Shaadi Mubaarak Scheme”, wherein one-time financial assistance of Rs.51,000/- is given to every bride of all Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Minorities, Backward Classes and Economically Backward Classes on their marriage, subject to the conditions specified in the Government orders issued from time to time.
2. In the reference 1st to 3rd read above, orders have been issued for enhancing the financial assistance from Rs.51,000/- to Rs.75,116/- under the scheme ‘Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam’ and ‘Shaadi Mubaarak’ w.e.f.01.04.2017 to all the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Minorities, Backward Classes, and Economically Backward Classes unmarried girl.
3. In the reference 4th read above, Government have nominated the BC Welfare Department, Telangana as Nodal Department for monitoring of “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam / Shaadi Mubaarak Scheme” being implemented by Scheduled Castes Development Department / Tribal Welfare Department/Minorities Welfare Department / Backward Classes Welfare Department.
4. Government have further reviewed the Scheme and after careful examination of the matter in detail, hereby enhance the financial assistance from Rs.75,116/- to Rs.1,00,116/- under the scheme “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam / Shaadi Mubaarak Scheme” w.e.f.01.04.2018 to all the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Minorities, Backward Classes and Economically Backward Classes unmarried girl.
5. The Chief Commissioner of Land Administration/Commissioner of Backward Classes Welfare Department/Scheduled Castes Development/ Tribal Welfare/Minorities Welfare, Telangana, Hyderabad shall take immediate necessary action accordingly. P.T.O.
6. This orders issues with the concurrence of the Finance (EBS.III) Department vide their U.O.No.1157/A/75/A1/EBS.III/2018, Dated.03.04.2018.
In Partial modification of the orders issued in the G.O. read above,
Under the Scheme, a one time financial assistance of Rs.51,000/- shall be
granted to every SC/ST Girl before the marriage provided an application is
submitted at least one month in advance from the date of marriage subject
to the following guidelines given as under:
- The unmarried Girl shall belong to SC/ST community.
- The unmarried Girl shall be a resident of Telangana State.
- The unmarried Girl should have completed 18 years of
age at the time of Marriage.
- The combined income of the Parents shall not exceed
Rs.2,00,000/- per annum.
- The Wedding of the SC/ST girl shall be on or after
October 2, 2014.
Procedure for application and processing
(a) The applicant shall apply online for the Telangana Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam by accessing the website at the following site: http://epasswebsite.cgg.gov.in through any meeseva Center or may submit their application directly at the Tahsildar Office.
List of Documents
(b) The following certificates shall be submitted:
i) Date of birth – Issued by the competent authority.
ii) Caste Certificate – issued by the Competent authority.
iii) Income Certificate (the certificate shall be the latest and shall not be older than 6 months from the date of marriage).
iv) Aadhaar card of the bride and bridegroom to be scanned and uploaded (if available)
v) A scanned copy of the first page of Bank Pass Book (Saving Account) containing the photo of the bride and the account details in the name of the bride.
vi) Wedding Card (if available).
vii) The following documents/certificates shall be submitted where the wedding has been performed or after the wedding.
c. Letter by the Gram Panchayat/Church/Mosque/any other authority/ institution which has performed the marriage.
d.The Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam cannot be combined with any
other scheme such as the incentive award for inter-caste marriage
with Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
e. The Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam is only one-time financial
assistance and can be availed only once in the lifetime of the bride.
f. The Joint Director/Deputy Director / DTWO/ PO, ITDA of the
Scheduled Caste Development/ Tribal Welfare Department shall
process the application and after due verification of the documents by
the field staff, sanction the amount to be payable in the bank account
of the Bride as furnished.
The Commissioner, Scheduled Castes Development and Tribal Welfare
shall ensure wide publicity of the scheme.
The expenditure is debitable to the following head of account
2225- Welfare of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and
other Back Wards Classes.
01-Welfare of SCs
11- Normal State Plan
SH(13)- Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme
312-Other Grant-in-Aid (to be opened)
The Commissioners, Scheduled Castes Development and Tribal
Welfare shall take necessary action accordingly.