Guidelines, Instructions, Clarifications for Implementation of Learning Enhancement Programme (LEP/3Rs) in all the Primary, Upper Primary and High Schools. Guidelines for 60 Days LEP 3Rs Basic Competencies and Class specific Competencies Improvement Programme in TS Schools. Basic Skills and Class specific Skill Development Porgramme. Targeted competencies for Monitoring and Observation of LEP Programme.
In this programme, State Level Teams, DEOs, Nodal officers/Sectoral Officers, School Complex HMs and RPs shall visit to all Schools for monitoring and reviewing the Basic Foundational Skills Improvement Programme and they guide to teachers in observation.
Ex-OFFICIO PROJECT DIRECTOR, RMSA, TE LANG A NGA, HYDERABAD.
Rc.No. 471/RMSA/TS/2017 Dated: 29-07-2017
Subject: School Education – RMSA, Telangana, Hyderabad – Implementation of Learning Enhancement Programme (LEP/3Rs) in all the Primary, Upper Primary and High Schools – Certain Clarifications and Instructions – Reg.
Read: Proc. of C&DSE &EO-PD. SSA, Re. No. 471/RMSA/TS/2017, dt: 19.07.2017
All the District Educational Officers in the State are hereby informed that, vide reference cited detailed instructions have been issued on the implementation of LEP Programme i.e., District Level Trainings to the RPs, School Complex Level Trainings to the Teachers of Primary, Upper Primary and High· Schools and also conduct of Baseline Test before 31st July, 2017. The State Level Observers have visited the districts and conducted the training and observed School Complex Level Trainings and submitted District Wise Observation Reports to the C&DSE.
After the Post test: LEP continued till 31st December
As per the Proc. Rc.No. 471/RMSA/TS/2017. Dated :20.11.2017, LEP shall be continued till 31st December, 2017 in Not Achieved 100% 3Rs School. After the Post test the exact number of students unable to perform 3Rs shall be finalized and LEP shall be continued till 31st December, 2017 so as to achieve 100% target.
Every school will be reviewed for its performance by the district and as well as state teams. Every Head Master shall prepare school report for the reasons not achieving 100% 3Rs and shall be certified by School Complex H.M, MEO followed by DEO. Such schools will be visited by the state teams during February to assess the reasons and suggest improvement strategies.
LEP 3Rs Programme Implementation Guidelines, Clarifications
Following are the further guidelines and clarifications on the implementation of LEP /3Rs in all the Schools:
1. 3Rs Basic Competencies and Class specific Competencies: The LEP implementation shall start in all schools from 1st August, 2017 and continue for a period of 50 to 60 days and achieve the basic competencies of reading, writing and arithmetic to all the children and also class specific competencies to the children who already posses the foundation skills of 3Rs
2. Responsibility for 3Rs or class specific skills development: Instructions have already been issued that the Head Masters and all teachers shall take up the responsibility i.e., 3Rs or class specific skills. Head Master has to convene staff meeting, discuss and assign subject specific duties.
3. Hindi Teachers: The Hindi Teachers shall also take part in this programme i.e., develop skills in their own subject for the children those who are not achieved 3Rs
4. FAs and SAs should be conducted: The first FAs and SAs shall be conducted as per the schedule based on the completion of syllabus since the first 5 periods are devoted to regular transaction of the syllabus.
5. Achievement of list Competencies in every 20 days: Targets in achieving the competencies for every 10 days have been given in the LEP Handbook however the list of competencies proposed to be achieved for a period of every 10 days in the subject of Telugu, English and Maths is enclosed.
6. Review and Discuss with teachers on achievement of competencies for every 10 days: The Head master shall review for every 10 days and discuss with teachers on achievement of proposed competencies for every 10 days in all the subjects. Further, achievement of subject specific, class specific competencies for the children those who are already achieved 3Rs is also need to be reviewed.
7. Targeted competencies for Monitoring and Observation of LEP Programme: The targeted competencies are enclosed and it is a reference point for State and District Level officers visiting the schools to observe to what extent the targeted competencies have been achieved.
8. State Level Teams visit to all Schools: State Level Teams shall be drafted to all the districts for every 15 days to observe the implementation of LEP in schools and district level monitoring process and assess the progress and report to the C&DSE. The team also discuss the observations with DEO. MEO and other supervisory staff. The dates for the district visits along with list of RPs is enclosed. The DEOs are directed to relieve them for the purpose of monitoring.
9. Observation format: The MEOs and School Complex HMs shall visit the School and observe the implementation of LEP/3Rs and record the observations in the observation format (enclosed).
10. Nodal officers/ Sectoral Officer for monitoring and reviewing: One Sectoral Officer each for primary schools and Secondary School shall be designated for monitoring, reviewing and sending the instructions to the schools and as well as the reporting the progress. Wherever Sectoral Officers are not available nodal officers may be given in-charge for monitoring and reviewing. ln case where sectoral officers and nodal officer are not positioned the DEO is directed to keep to Headmasters of High Schools as in-charges of LEP Programme for primary and secondary till the positions are sectoral officers are f lied.
11. DEOs shall visit schools: The DEOs shall visit schools of all types and observe the implementation of LEP/3Rs i.e., 3 to 4 school per week and send the filled in observation formats to the Director, RMSA.
12. Monitor the LEP programme and Guide the teachers: A one day orientation to the Sectoral Officers of SSA, Nodal Officers and ELTC staff of DfETs shall be conducted on 3rd August. 2017 at Godavari Conference Hall, SCERT Campus on LEP / 3Rs so that they can monitor the LEP programme and guide the teachers in the field. Wherever sectoral officers / nodal officers are not positioned the DEOs are requested to identify to active and committed HMs and send them to orientation who intern monitor the LEP and assist the DEOs in the Districts.
One day orientation: All the DEOs are informed that vide Proceedings of the C& DSE, TS, Hyderabad Rc.No.471/RMSA/TS/2017, dt.29.07.2017, a one day orientation to the Sectoral Officer of SSA, Nodal Officers and ELTC staff of DIETs is being conducted on 3rd August at Godavari Conference Hall, SCERT Campus on LEP (3Rs), so that they can monitor the LEP programme and guide the teachers in the field where ever Sectoral Officers/Nodal Officers are not positioned the DEOs are requested to identify two active and committed HMs and send them to orientation who in term monitor the LEP and assist the DEOs in the Districts.
14. Teleconference to the teachers: A Teleconference to the teachers will be conducted to the teachers of primary and high schools in the first week of August and the date will be communicated.
15. The LEP Programme shall be conducted in all types of schools: The DEO, Hyderabad is requested to take up translation of LEP Module into Urdu and take photo copies of the module and conduct training to the teachers working in Urdu Medium, Primary, Upper Primary and High Schools.
The DEOs of other districts where Urdu Medium Schools are being functional are directed to contact DEO Hyderabad and take soft copy of LEP Urdu Module, Xerox and conduct training to the teachers working in Urdu Medium Schools. The LEP Programme shall be conducted in all types of schools under State Government duly following the guidelines issued as above and as well as guidelines issued earlier.
16. School Complex HMs shall visit the schools: The School Complex HMs shall visit the schools under their purview and review the LEP Progress during the School Complex Meetings for primary and as well as for high schools. The Mandal level RPs who trained the teachers at Complex level on LEP shall attend School Complex level meetings and participate in the LEP Progress Review and clarify the doubts.
The DEOs are requested to conduct review with MEOs and Complex HMs and progress on children learning achievement on monthly basis based on the baseline test result. AH the DEO~ are directed for the effective implementation of LEP. monitoring, reviews, evaluation of the entire programme.
1. List of Subject Specific Targets for achievement in all the subjects
2. LEP Observation Format
3. List of State Level Observers