Indian citizens who are eligible for LPG subsidy, can check LPG Subsidy Status at mylpg.in for IOCL, HP, BPCL with your LPG ID.
LPG, liquefied petroleum gas has become an integral part of our lives, powering our stoves and water heaters. To make this essential resource more affordable, many governments offer LPG subsidies to their citizens.
The Indian government subsidizes 12 cylinders of 14.2 kilogram each per household in a year by directly transferring the subsidy amount to the users’ bank accounts.
The price of the LPG gas cylinder is increasing significantly. In order to get the cylinder at a cheaper rate, the citizens have to go through a subsidy provided by the government.
The Aadhaar card must be linked with the bank account to receive this sum. Then the money will be directly credited to the individual’s bank account.
LPG subsidy is a financial assistance provided by the central government to help consumers purchase LPG cylinders at a subsidized rate.
The subsidy amount is transferred directly to the consumer’s bank account through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme.
PAHAL scheme (Pratyaksh Hanstantrit Labh) means Direct Benefit Transfer-LPG (DBTL). Under this scheme, subsidy on LPG cylinders is being transferred directly to the Aadhaar linked bank accounts of the customer or beneficiary to families with an income below Rs 10 lakhs per year.
In India, LPG subsidies are different in different states. Families with an annual income of 10 lakh or more cannot be available from this subsidy facility.
The government with the DBTL scheme ensures cylinders at a subsidized rate to the customers with Aadhaar Card-linked bank accounts.
If you want check LPG subsidy on government-owned companies viz IOCL, HP and BPCL has been transferred in your account, you can do so online.
Why is LPG Subsidy Important?
- Financial Relief: LPG subsidies provide financial relief to consumers, reducing the burden of high gas prices.
- Transparency: Knowing your subsidy status promotes transparency and ensures that the benefit reaches the right individuals.
- Budget Management: It helps in managing your monthly budget effectively.
How to know your LPG ID?
- If you don’t know your LPG ID, you can visit the official portal, https://www.mylpg.in/.
- One you reach the website, you can lick on the “Click here to know your LPG ID” on the home page.
- You will be asked to choose a company name.
- From the three options, you can choose Bharat Gas, HP Gas or Indane
- The required option will take you to another page
- In the new page, fill out the form with your Registered mobile number, Distributor name and Consumer number.
- You will have to fill in a captcha code and submit.
- Your 17-digit LPG ID will be displayed on the screen.
LPG Subsidy Status Check at mylpg.in
If you already know your LPG ID, You can do the following (Let’s see how HP website works)
- Go to the M LPG website, http://mylpg.in/
- Now enter your LPG ID in the right hand side of the space provided.
- Fill in the details of your registered mobile number
- Punch in the captcha code and enter proceed
- You will get an OTP on your registered mobile number
- On the next page, enter your email ID and create password.
- You will get an activation link on your email id and click the link.
- Once you do so, your account will be activated.
- Now, login mylpg.in account
- Mention if your bank and Aadhar card are linked is to your LPG account in the pop up window
- Now click, View Cylinder Booking History/subsidy transferred
Why is it important to check your LPG subsidy status?
Checking your LPG subsidy status can help you ensure that you are receiving the correct amount of subsidy. It can also help you identify any discrepancies in your LPG subsidy account.
For example, if you are not receiving the full amount of subsidy that you are entitled to, you can contact your LPG distributor to resolve the issue. Or, if you notice that someone else has been using your LPG subsidy, you can take steps to protect your account.
Checking your LPG subsidy status is a simple and easy way to ensure that you are receiving the correct amount of subsidy and to identify any discrepancies in your LPG subsidy account.