The Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023 or Mission Vatsalya Yojana 2023 is a social welfare scheme launched by the government of India to provide financial assistance and support to orphaned and destitute children.
The मिशन वात्सल्य योजना is a scheme aims to ensure that every child in the country receives proper care, protection, and education and it is an initiative by the Indian government to provide better welfare and care for children in need.
What is Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023?
The Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023 is an initiative of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India, launched in 2023.
The scheme provides financial assistance to orphaned and destitute children, ensuring their well-being and education. The primary objective of the scheme is to protect and care for the most vulnerable children in the country.
Why is Mission Vatsalya Scheme introduced 2023
The Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023 is a flagship program launched by the Government of India to address the issue of child welfare in the country.
The scheme aims to provide comprehensive care and support to children in need, including those who are orphaned, abandoned, or come from vulnerable backgrounds.
Under the Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023, the government plans to set up residential homes, childcare institutions, and foster care facilities for children in need. The scheme also focuses on improving the quality of care and support provided to children, including their health, education, and overall well-being.
Implementation of the Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023
The Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023 will be implemented by the Ministry of Women and Child Development in collaboration with state governments, NGOs, and other stakeholders.
The scheme will be implemented in a phased manner, with the first phase focusing on the setting up of residential homes and childcare institutions for children in need.
The scheme will also involve the use of technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of child welfare services. This includes the use of mobile apps, online portals, and other digital platforms to improve communication and coordination between different stakeholders.
|Name of the scheme||Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023|
|Title||Submit the Mission Vatsalya Application 2023|
|Subject||MWCD launched Mission Vatsalya Yojana 2023|
|Notification||Mission Vatsalya Sponsorship Notification|
The Mission Vatsalya Sponsorship 2023
The Mission Vatsalya Sponsorship 2023 is a centrally sponsored scheme to provide some assistance to meet the financial or other i.e. medical education and development needs of any child in the age group of 0 to 18 years without a mother or father or both.
It is subject to certain conditions, 4000 rupees per month is provided to the children through this sponsorship. This scheme is run under the Central Department of Women and Child Welfare. Up to two children in a family can apply.
Who is eligible for Mission Vatsalya Scheme?
Children below the age of 18 years who are in needy and helpless condition are eligible for sponsorship program sanction.
- Children of widowed or divorced or abandoned mother
- Orphaned and orphaned children living with other family members
- Children of parents suffering from life-threatening diseases
- Children are helpless parents who are unable to raise their children financially and physically
- PM care for children sanctioned children
- Both mother and father of the children are dead and orphaned and living with other family members.
- Parents suffering from life-threatening or life-threatening disease
- Children who have lost their parents due to Covid-19 i.e. Corona are such children who are registered under PM Cares scheme.
As per Child Justice (Protection & Fostering) Act -2015. Children in need of protection and care- homeless children, children exposed to natural calamities, child laborers, child victims of child marriage, HI V/ AIDS affected children, trafficked children, disabled children, missing and abandoned children, street children, child beggars, children subjected to violence/harassment/abuse/exploitation, children in need of assistance and shelter.
Children whose father is dead i.e. whose mother is widowed or divorced (there should be orders obtained from the court or the price can be paid with an agreement written in the presence of the village elders but the decision of the committee is final) or left the family.
Children identified as child laborers, unaccompanied children, disabled children, runaway children, child beggars, children exposed to any natural calamity, street children, exploited children (as per JJ Act,2015).
What is the financial limit of Mission Vatsyalya Sponsorship?
This scheme is not applicable to children studying in residential schools. For children eligible for this scheme, family income in rural areas should not exceed Rs.72,000 and similarly in urban areas, family income should not exceed Rs.96,000.
How is the allocation of ‘Mission Vatsalya’ funds?
To implement this scheme, the Center will contribute 60 percent i.e. Rs. 2400 while the state government will fund 40 percent of Rs.1600 and give it to the orphans. This scheme helps children from underprivileged families to continue their education along with taking care of them.
What is the time limit of Mission Vatsyalya sponsorship?
- Sponsorship Program This sponsorship financial assistance is withheld when the child leaves the family and joins an Institution (CCI) till the age of 18 years or the end of Mission Vatsalya scheme.
- If the child does not attend school for more than 30 days, the sponsorship will be suspended. (Exception for children with special needs).
- If the children who are eligible for this scheme join any hostels in future, the scheme will be retained from there.
- The Sponsorship Committee may review the scheme every year and suspend or continue the sponsorship.
- If the mother dies and the father remarries, such children will not get this scheme because it means that there is a father and a second mother.
- Submit the child’s study certificate for this year i.e. 2022-2023 only.
What are the documents required to apply for Mission Vatsalya?
- Birth Certificate of Boy or Girl
- Boy or Girl Aadhaar Card
- Mother’s Aadhaar Card
- Father’s Aadhaar Card
- Death certificate of mother or father, cause of death
- Guardian Aadhaar Card
- Ration Card or Rice Card
- Caste Certificate
- Boy or Girl Pass Photo
- Study Certificate
- Income Verification Document
- Individual bank account of boy or girl or joint account with mother or father or guardian.
Features of Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023
The Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023 has several features that make it a comprehensive and effective welfare scheme for orphaned and destitute children in the country. Some of the main features of the scheme are:
Under the Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023, eligible children will receive financial assistance for their education, healthcare, and basic needs. The scheme will provide a monthly allowance to the children, which will cover their expenses for food, clothing, shelter, and education.
The scheme also promotes foster care for orphaned and destitute children. It encourages families to adopt or foster such children and provide them with a nurturing and supportive environment.
The scheme provides healthcare support to children in need. It ensures that every child under the scheme receives timely medical treatment and check-ups, and their health needs are met.
The scheme also provides educational support to children. It ensures that they receive proper education and opportunities for their personal and intellectual development.
Protection and Security
The scheme provides protection and security to children, ensuring their safety and well-being. It aims to prevent child abuse, exploitation, and trafficking, and takes strict action against those who violate child rights.
Eligibility Criteria for Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023
To be eligible for the Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023, a child must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an orphan or a destitute child.
- Must be under the age of 18 years.
- Must not have any immediate family members who can take care of them.
- Must not have any other means of financial support or protection.
How to Apply for Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023?
To apply for the Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023, the following steps need to be followed:
- Visit the nearest Child Welfare Committee (CWC) office or District Child Protection Unit (DCPU) office.
- Fill the application form with all the required details and documents.
- Submit the form along with the necessary documents.
- The authorities will verify the details and documents and approve the application if eligible.
- Once approved, the child will start receiving financial assistance and support under the scheme.
Benefits of Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023
The Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023 has several benefits for orphaned and destitute children. Some of the main benefits of the scheme are:
- Financial assistance for education, healthcare, and basic needs.
- Nurturing and supportive environment through foster care.
- Timely medical treatment and check-ups for better health.
- Proper education and opportunities for personal and intellectual development.
- Protection and security against child abuse, exploitation, and trafficking.
Objectives of the Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023
The Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023 has the following key objectives:
1. Ensuring the safety and security of children
One of the primary objectives of the Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023 is to ensure the safety and security of children in need. The scheme aims to provide a safe and secure environment for children who have been orphaned, abandoned, or come from vulnerable backgrounds.
2. Providing comprehensive care and support to children
The scheme aims to provide comprehensive care and support to children in need, including their health, education, and overall well-being. This includes setting up residential homes, childcare institutions, and foster care facilities for children in need.
3. Promoting the adoption of children
The Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023 also aims to promote the adoption of children in need. The scheme plans to streamline the adoption process and provide support to families who wish to adopt a child.
4. Strengthening the child protection system
The scheme aims to strengthen the child protection system in India by improving the quality of care and support provided to children in need. This includes training and capacity building of child protection professionals, including social workers, counselors, and other stakeholders.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who can apply for the Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023?
Orphaned and destitute children under the age of 18 years, without any immediate family members or financial support, are eligible to apply for the scheme.
What kind of financial assistance is provided under the scheme?
The scheme provides a monthly allowance to eligible children to cover their expenses for food, clothing, shelter, and education.
Can families adopt or foster children under the scheme?
Yes, the scheme promotes foster care for orphaned and destitute children and encourages families to adopt or foster such children.
How can I apply for the Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023?
To apply for the scheme, visit the nearest Child Welfare Committee (CWC) office or District Child Protection Unit (DCPU) office and follow the application process.
What are the benefits of the Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023?
The scheme provides financial assistance, foster care, healthcare support, education support, and protection and security to orphaned and destitute children in the country.
The Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023 is a significant initiative by the Government of India to ensure the welfare of children in need. The scheme aims to provide comprehensive care and support to children who have been orphaned, abandoned, or come from vulnerable backgrounds.
It also aims to strengthen the child protection system in India and promote the adoption of children in need. By focusing on the overall well-being of children, the Mission Vatsalya Scheme 2023 has the potential to improve the lives of countless children across the country.