MyGov PM National Contest: Duties of a Citizen Contest/MyGov – PM National Contest on Duties of a Citizen/Online Citizen Engagement Portal-Duties of a Citizen’ contest: As you may be aware, during his Mann ki Baat radio address on 27th December 2015 and the run-up to the 67th Republic Day celebrations, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced the launch of a new contest “Duties of a Citizen”.
This year is also being celebrated as the 127th birth anniversary year of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, the architect of India’s constitution. With this in view, the contest announced by the Prime Minister aims at enhancing the understanding of our Constitution among the citizens, especially the youth, and at the same time inculcating a sense of citizen duties in consonance with the rights of a citizen.
Accordingly, MyGov, Government of India’s online citizen engagement portal, introduced the ‘Duties of a Citizen’ contest on 27th December 2015. Citizens were invited to submit their ideas and suggestions that encapsulate the spirit of the constitution even as they draw up a charter of citizen duties. MHRD, DSEL encourages you to actively promote this contest in your schools and institutions and encourage the students to creatively express their ideas.
The entries, centered around the theme of promoting the concept of constitutional duties, may be submitted in the creative forms of either essays, poems, slogans, graphics or videos. You may encourage the participants to submit original and innovative ideas. An idea, merely rich in detail but lacking originality, would not score more than a very innovative idea explained briefly. However, if a very innovative idea is also explained in detail, it will naturally score higher. An entry that encapsulates the entire gamut of citizen life would also score higher.
The top three winners of the contest will be awarded a certificate signed by the Prime Minister. The last date for submission is 20th January, 2016.
The process to participate in the contest is detailed below:
- The contest can be accessed on the MyGov portal through this link: https://mygov.in/task/duties-citizen-contest/
- The contest is open for all Indian citizens over the age of 13 as of 1st January 2016.
- Students between the age of 13-16 (class 8th-10th)` .may submit their signed entries (mentioning the name, school, and class) in hard copies (essays, poems, slogans, and graphics) to a designated nodal officer of the school. After collecting all the entries before the due date; the Principal of the school may then scan all these entries and then submit the scanned copies, on behalf of the school, as attached PDF documents on the website link mentioned above.
- Students between the age of 17-18 (class 11th and 12th) may be.encouraged to directly submit their entries (essays, poems, slogans, graphics, videos) on the website link mentioned above.
Terms and Conditions-General Guidelines:
The detailed terms and conditions of participating in the contest can be accessed
- Participants must be at least 13 years of age as on 1st January 2016,
- This is an individual participation contest and team entries would not be allowed.
- Participants must be Citizens of India.
- The length of the essays should be limited to 1000 words or less while videos should not be longer than 5 minutes.
- The government of India (GoI) will have the copyright on all the entries submitted. By submitting an entry, the. Participant(s) agree(s) to transfer the intellectual property rights to GoI.
- The Participant(s) represent(s) and warrant(s) that he/ she will comply with all applicable Indian laws. The Participant(s) shall not disclose and/or use any information if doing so is in violation of an obligation of antitrust law and/ or confidentiality.
- GoI reserves the right to reject any entry based on its discretion.
- By registering for participation in the Contest, the Participant(s) warrant that A. They have complied with tiles Entry conditions B. Their entry is original; C. Their entry does not infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party; B. Any current employer and/or learning institution that the participant is employed by or enrolled with would have no claim on the entry: developed and submitted.
- Participants must not provide any false information in the registration process.
- Participants must keep their contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- GoI reserves the right to cancel. or amend all or any part of the competition and/ or the rules without notice for any event that is within the reasonable control of GoI.
- Any changes to the rules, or cancellation of the competition, will be posted on the Contest page on the MyGov portal. It is the responsibility of the participants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the rules.
- GoI accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss or injury pi’ any kind suffered by any participant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any participant winning or not winning any prize.
- The Got will not be held responsible if the participants are not able to upload their entries on the MyGov portal before the last date & time of submission for any reason whatsoever.
- All prizes are non-transferable. Entry Deadline
- Entries may be submitted online on mygov.in the latest by 23.59 hours (11.59 pm) on 20th January 2016.
Evaluation Criteria: MyGov PM National Contest:
- The submissions will be evaluated on the criteria of originality and innovation in ideas, the breadth and width of the citizen duties envisioned and use of modern communication tools envisaged.
- Every entry would be evaluated on its own merit and while an idea explained in greater detail has greater salience, a merely detailed entry would not adversely prejudice another innovative and original idea or entry, but not explained in that greater detail, from being adjudged better.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details