NALA Tax Reduction to 3% in Telangana State: The Telangana State Agriculture Land (Conversion for Non-Agricultural Purpose) Act-2016, better known by its short name NALA(Non-Agriculture Land Assessment).
As per the new orders, agricultural land can be converted for commercial, industrial and residential purposes only by taking prior permission from the competent authorities. In addition, 3 percent of the value of the land will have to be paid towards a one-time NALA tax before converting the land.
An application(NALA Application Form for Agriculture Land Conversion) for the conversion of land will have to be submitted to revenue divisional officer concerned, who will issue a certificate within 30 days and in Hyderabad/HUDA NALA Tax reduction to 2%.
TS Govt.Order NO.4: Govt of Telangana, Revenue Department(Land Matters), The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 – The A.P. Agricultural Land (Conversion for Non Agricultural purposes) Act, 2006 (Act.No.3 of 2006)-Adaptation to the State of Telangana-Orders-Issued.GO. Ms.No.4,Dated: 05-01-2016. Reference:The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 (Central Act No. 6 of 2014)
ORDER: Whereas, Section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act,
2014 (Central Act No. 6 of 2014), the appropriate Government i.e., the State of Telangana is empowered by order, to make such adaptations and modifications of any law ( as defined in section 2 (f) of the Act) made before 02-06-2014, whether by way of repeal or amendment as may be necessary or expedient, for the purpose of facilitating the application of such law in the State of Telangana before expiration of two years from 02-06-2014; and thereupon every such law shall have effect subject to the adaptations and modifications so made until altered, repealed or amended by a competent Legislature or other competent authority.
- And whereas, it has become necessary to adapt and modify the A.P. Agricultural Land (Conversion for Non Agricultural purposes) Act, 2006 (Act No.3 of 2006) for the purpose of facilitating its application in relation to the State of Telangana. And whereas, after careful examination, the Government has decided to adapt and modify the said Act which is in force as on 01.06.2014.
- Accordingly, the following Notification will be published in an Extra-Ordinary Issue of the Telangana Gazette, dated: 05.01.2016.
NOTIFICATION: In exercise of the powers conferred by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act, 2014 (Central Act No. 6 of 2014), the Government of Telangana hereby makes the following Order, namely:
- (1) This Order may be called the Andhra Pradesh Agricultural Land (Conversion for Non-Agricultural Purposes) Act, 2006 (Telangana Adaptation Order) 2016;
(2) It shall come into force with immediate effect.
- The Andhra Pradesh General Clauses Act, 1891 shall apply for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the interpretation of a State Act.
- For the purpose of this Order, and the Act adapted herein, the expression “the State” shall have the meaning and area as specified in Section 3 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014.
- In the Andhra Pradesh Agricultural Land (Conversion for Non- Agricultural Purposes) Act, 2006 (A.P. Act No. 3 of 2006).
(1) Throughout the Act for the words Andhra Pradesh” (occurring otherwise than in a citation or description or title of other enactments), the word “Telangana” shall be substituted.
(2) In Section 3
(i) in sub-section (3), for the words and expression “within 30 days” the words and expression “within 7 days” shall be substituted.
(ii) in sub-section (4), for the words “within fifteen days” the words and expression “within one week” shall be substituted.
(iii) in sub-section (5), for the words and expression “within 30 days” the words and expression “within 7 days” shall be substituted.
(iv) in sub-section (6)
(a) for the words “within sixty days” the words “within fifteen days” shall be substituted;
(b) for the words “within thirty days” the words and expression “within 7 days” shall be substituted. (3) In Section 4
(a) In sub-section (1), for the figures “9%”, the figures “3%” shall be substituted;
(b) In the proviso under sub-section (1), for the figures “5%”, the figures “2%” shall be substituted and the words “Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation and Vijayawada Municipal Corporation” shall be deleted.
TS/Telangana State Agriculture Land Act 2016, The NALA Act 2016, NALA Tax, TS Land registrations Present NALA Tax in Telanganais 3%, Agricultural Land Conversion NALA Tax, Conversion for Non-Agricultural Land