NTR Vidyonnathi New Scheme for Civil Services Exams Professional Guidelines to ST Students. Scheme is for providing Civils Free Coaching to ST Students. AP govt is providing Civils services professional guidance to SC Students, ST Students and Minority Students under Vidyonnathi New Scheme
GO.MS.No.10; Dated:03-02-2015: GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH,TRIBAL WELFARE (Edn) DEPARTMENT: Tribal Welfare Department – Tribal Sub Plan – New Scheme – “AP NTR Vidyonnathi” for providing Professional Guidance for Civil Services Examinations for ST/Scheduled Tribe Students in the State of Andhra Pradesh – Sponsoring of meritorious Scheduled Tribe candidates to reputed private institutes – Sanctioned – Orders – Issued.
1. Act No. 1 of 2013, dated 24.1.2013.
2. G.O. Ms.No.7, Planning (XXII) Department, dated, 23.2.2013.
3. G.O. Ms No.10, Planning (XXII) Department, dated, 23.2.2013.
4. Minutes of 9th & 10th Nodal Agency for TSP meeting held on 01-12-2014 & 05-12-2014.
5. From the Commissioner of Tribal Welfare, AP, Hyderabad Lr.No.23/PETC/2014, dt:12-12-2014.
6. Minutes of 3rd State Council for Development of SCs and STs held on 27-12-2014.
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has enacted the Scheduled Caste Sub-Plan (SCSP)/Tribal Sub-Plan (TSP) (Planning, Allocation and Utilization of Resources) Act (Act 1 of 2013), which came into effect from January 25th, 2013. The purpose of SCSP / TSP Act is to reduce the gaps in the development of STs and also to facilitate access to better livelihoods and employment opportunities to the Scheduled Tribes, especially the educated youth.
2. In order to ensure Scheduled Tribe students reach the higher echelons of administration, there is need in Andhra Pradesh to facilitate their entry in Civil Services, which is through the mode of the annual Civil Services Examination conducted by the UPSC. The entry of ST Students in the higher Civil Services will enable them to participate effectively in the decision making process in the highest level and also boost their morale and also ameliorate their sense of deprivation and alienation from the development process.
3. It is also observed that the trend is that the students from the economically poor Scheduled Tribe families have not been faring well in the Civil Services Exam, especially during the last 6 to 8 years.
4. Keeping all the above conditions in mind and to improve the opportunities for better employment, the Nodal Agency for TSP in its 9th & 10th meeting held on 01-12-2014 & 05-12-2014 has agreed for sponsoring ST candidates for Civil Services and other Competitive examinations as part of the PETC program of the Department vide its resolution No.15/2014 in the reference 4th read above. The State Council for the Development of SCs and STs also approved the same vide reference 6th read above.
5. Government, after close study of the practices followed in other States hereby decides to sanction the new scheme “NTR Vidyonnathi” for providing Professional Guidance for Civil Services Examination for ST Students with an outlay of Rs. 269.43 Lakhs to conduct 3 guidance programs under the scheme. The scheme will come into operation during 2015–16. The expenditure under the scheme shall be met from Tribal Sub-plan budget of 2015-16.
6. The guidelines, mode of selection and the other details of the scheme are appended at annexure to this order.
7. The Director of Tribal Welfare, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad is requested to take necessary action accordingly.