PM Launched Jeevan Pramaan Scheme, Our India Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched”Jeevan Pramaan” scheme, an Aadhar-based Digital Life Certificate for pensioners, A big relief for Pensioners, physical Life Certificate. Biometric, Software application
In a big relief to over a crore retired employees of government and PSUs, a pensioner can now digitally provide proof of his existence to authorities for continuity of pension every year instead of requiring to present himself physically or through a life certificate issued by specified authorities.
The “jeevan pramaan” scheme, an Aaadhar-based Digital Life Certificate for pensioners, launched by PM Narender Modi on Monday, is one more enabling mechanism for the benefit of the common man after the push towards self-certification will do away with the requirement of a pensioner having to submit a physical Life Certificate in November each year, in order to ensure continuity of pension being credited into his account,” according to the PMO statement.
The Department of Electronics and IT has developed a software application which will enable the recording of the pensioner’s Aaadhar number and boimetric details from him mobile device or computer, by plugging in a boimetric reading device.Key details like date,time,and biometric information, will be uploaded to a central database on real-time basis, enabling pension disbursing agency to access a Digital Life Certificate.
This will conclusively establish that the pensioner was alive at the time of authentication, the statement said.The earlier requirement entailed that a pensioner either personally present himself before the pension disbursing agency,or submits a Life Certificate issued by authorities specified by the Central pension Accounting Office.
After allowing self-certification in attestations, the Centre on Monday introduced the “Jeevan Pramaan” scheme under which one crore pensioners can digitally provide proof of life, instead of being required to physically go to the specified authorities for a “life certificate”.
The PMO said, “The digital certification will do away with the requirement of a pensioner having to submit a physical life certificate in November each year in order to ensure continuity of pensions credited into his account.”
Around 50 lakh people draw pension from the Central government, and an equal number from state and UT governments. Several PSUs also provide pensions, and over 25 lakh retirees draw pensions from the armed forces. The software will be given to pensioners and others at no extra cost, and can be operated on personal computers or smartphones.
Jeevan Pramaan-Digital Life Certificate
- A digital India Initiative. It was Launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister on 10th November, 2014.
- Pensioners no longer need to go to Bank branches to give life certificates.
- Give your life certificate from over 40,000 centres.
- Presently applicable to Central Government Pensioners covered by “Scheme for Payment of Pensions to central Government Civil Pensioners.
- State Governments and other Pension Authorities being requested to avail this facility.
- New Centres being added. Refer to www.jeevanpramman.gov.in
How to get Certificate:
- Locate the nearest centre at website.
- Pensioners with Aaadhar number can biometrically authenticate their presence by giving Aadhar number, Pension Pyement Order and Bank Account Number.
- Receive instant online and SMS confirmation regarding Digital Life Certificate.
- Pensioners without Aadhar numbers can enroll for Aadhar at the nearest Aadhar Enrolment Centres and authenticate their presence after receiving Aadhar Number.
- CSCs, Banking Correspondents and Bank Branches are encouraged to be become Centers for facilitating Digital Life Certificates for more details log on website or call help desk on 011-49754975.