The postal life insurance premium calculator or PLI Premium Calculator is essentially an online instrument, which helps to compare and check the premiums for the different plans that are offered within postal life insurance. Using the PLI calculator at http://www.postallifeinsurance.gov.in/ will give a rough estimate in regards to the premium that will be paid. This is helpful as an individual could buy the plan as per the requirements and affordability.
The postal life insurance started its journey in 1884 as a welfare scheme ideally designed for post office employees. But it was extended over the period, and currently, it offers 46 lakh insurance policies to beneficiaries across the nation. The postal life insurance is the oldest insurance schemes available in India by the India Post and it offers a total of six protection plans.
A postal life insurance (PLI) calculator is an integral part of your postal life insurance plans. This PLI calculator calculates the total amount of premium that you need to pay for your policy. In addition, the PLI premium calculator estimates the premium amount by incorporating the present GST rate. The post office PLI calculator is a valuable tool at https://pli.indiapost.gov.in/ for customers as it helps them purchase the best post-life insurance plans according to their needs and requirements.
|Name of the calculator||PLI Amount Calculator|
|Title||PLI Calculator calculates the total amount of premium|
|Subject||India Post provided the RPLI Premium Calculator|
|PLI Premium Table||http://www.postallifeinsurance.gov.in/|
Types of insurance plans under Postal Life Insurance
The postal life insurance embraces its customers with 6 kinds of life insurance plans.
- Whole life assurance
- Convertible whole life assurance
- Joint life assurance
- Endowment assurance
- Anticipated endowment assurance
- Children Policy
Details Required to Use PLI Calculator
Yes, to use the PLI Calculator listed below are the details that would be required by an individual respectively:
- Policy Name
- Birth Date
- Email Id
- Contact Number
- Pin Code
- Sum Assured
- Policy Cease Date
- Monthly Income
How to Use PLI Calculator?
On purchasing a postal life insurance policy, you will have to choose an appropriate cover amount and the frequency at which you will pay the premiums. Your age, financial capabilities, and other data will help you calculate the premium that you will be required to pay. Follow the steps listed below to use the postal life insurance premium calculator:
- Visit the website of postal life insurance.
- Then click on the ‘Buy Policy’ tab that is placed on the page at the right side.
- Here one will be taken to a new page wherein the subtleties need to be entered correctly.
- Once the subtleties are provided, to authenticate enter the captcha image and then click on the ‘Get Quote’ tab.
- Now, the postal life insurance monthly premium will be on the screen.
Example of Postal Life Insurance Calculator:
The steps to calculate postal life insurance premium are very simple. All you need to do is visit the official website of a legit third-party premium calculating website. If you want to purchase an Endowment Assurance Plan under PLI, then following the below-mentioned steps, you will know your premium amount for this plan. On visiting a third-party premium computing website, you might be asked for the following details:
- First, enter the sum assured amount that you are looking for
- Enter the policy purchased year.
- Put your present age
- Enter your maturity age
- Now click on the ‘Calculate’ button
- You will get delighted with the final results
Advantages of PLI Calculator?
The following are the key advantages of using the PLI calculator:
- The Postal Life Insurance premium calculator is an online tool, which is accessible to everyone easily and free of cost.
- To use the PLI calculator, one need not register on the website and easily avail the benefits.
- Using the PLI calculator helps in saving time and the chances of any discrepancy in the calculation are almost negligible as there is no manual calculation involved.
- Anyone can use the PLI calculator from anywhere across the globe. All they need to do is provide the information correctly and get an estimate of the postal life insurance premium amount.
The process to calculate the premium for a postal life insurance policy is very simple. .You must always compare and check which plan is the most suitable for you before proceeding to purchase insurance policy. Once you like a plan, you can check the premiums that you will be needed to pay and once you are sure that you can afford the plan and is suitable for you, you can go ahead and purchase it for yourself.
FAQs on PLI Calculator
Why should you use PLI calculator?
PLI calculator is a free online tool thus, you should try for various sums assured. This will help you to know the best premium according to your budget. Moreover, you can purchase the best policy that resonates with your needs and requirements by comparing them all.
What is the PLI rate of interest?
The postal life insurance rate of interest is 10% per annum. This is calculated based on a 6 month period.
What are the benefits of using a PLI calculator?
PLI calculator is an online tool that gives you a rough estimate on the premium payable. This helps an individual to assess a plan as per his or her requirements and affordability.