SAMKALPAM Monitoring for Readiness Program/Monitoring Guidelines for Readiness Program to Monitoring officers. SAMKALPAM(A Monitoring Programme for Phade Bharat and Bhade Bharat- PBBB): Education is a major component in calculating Human Development Index (HDI). In India, Education up to 14years is guaranteed and to carry out this constitutional assurance the Govt. of India legislated the RTE Act and placed it in the fundamental rights.
Now every child upto 14 years has the right to get education i.e., quality education. Yet the Govt schools where free education is offered, are able to cater these need of the students?. We the Department of School Education and Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan feel it is right time to innovative and reform the primary education.
Objectives of SAMKALPAM:
To improve primary education. Total Primary Schools in all 13 districts Primary schools 34623, UPS: 5429, HS:6823.
1. To monitor the summer camps for class for low performance children
2. To monitor the School readiness and class readiness programme in the Name of Padhe Bharat and Badhe Bharat (PBBB)
3. To give quality education to students as per changing times.
4. To improve the schools academically and infra structurally.
5. Preparation and Implementation of School Development plans.
6. Constructive educational structure from primary level.
7. Continuous monitoring on schools.
8. To make compulsory parents meetings and SMC Meetings.
9. To improve minimum levels of learning of all classes of all subjects. (LINDICS)
10. To improve moral and social values among students.
11. To improve activity based and student centered education.
12. To give priority to games and other co-curricular activities.
13. To give at most importance to library and to improve reading habits among students.
Guidelines to Monitor Officers: The visiting officer has to record the observations in the Academic Guidance Register as suggested here under.
1. Each sectoral officer has visited to at least 3 schools in each district
2. Appreciation of the existing best practices in the school
3. Each school to strengthen the 3Rs system
4. To observe the establishment of Reading Corner, Writing Corner and Mathmatics corners
5. Observe the early literacy skills and early numeracy skills under PBBB
6. To observe the children talent tests, Reading Melas, Writing melas and Mathmatics Melas.
7. Observe the Scince and Maths Exhibistions Melas under the Implementation of RAA
8. Identification of gaps/deficiencies and remedial measures suggested.
9. Follow up action taken in the school on the observations previously recorded in Academic Guidance Register of the school.
10. Collaborative planning, Joint Strategies, Execution of tasks in collectively reflect cooperation and coordination between HM and teachers and between Monitoring Officers and teachers.
11. Professional guidance from Monitoring officers and HMs in lesson preparation, design and use of TLM, Teaching learning strategies, remedial instruction, and implementation of other innovative practices in schools should happen with mutual discussion and through collaboration. Demonstration, ling are the basic strategies for the Monitoring officers to introduce new ideas, new practices and to guide the teachers in the schools.
Mentoring of the Schools by State level Visiting Officers at Different Levels
- State Level: All-State Sectoral Officers Each officer covered at least 3 Schools
- District Level: All Sectoral Officers Each Sectoral Officer visit 3 Schools Identify School wise gaps
- Divisional Level: All DLMTs Each DLMT visit 3 Schools
- Mandal Level: All MEOs Each MEO visit 3 Schools
- School Complex Level: SC Chairman Each School Complex HM visit Schools
Observe the following indicators in each school during the monitoring of the School Readiness and Class Readiness program: SAMKALPAM Monitoring Guidelines:
For Head Masters:
1. Each School must display Class wise Subject wise Academic Standards in all Class Rooms including HMs room /Staffroom. Efforts should be made by the teachers to carry out the teaching-learning process and assessment as per the Academic Guidelines and the inputs given in the teacher training Programmes.
2. HM should implement the CCE – Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation, and guidelines should be displayed in the staffroom and or in HM room.
3. Ensuring Children to achieve learning competencies and attainment of expected outcomes.
4. HM should be aware of the Checklist of School, and it should be displayed in the staff
5. Ensure vibrant and active participation of parents and community in School matters.
6. All Innovative activities and school activities (School as Weather Station, soak pit, compost pit, green school, plastic-free zone, wall magazine, honesty box, children diary, post box, children cabinets, anecdotal records, child portfolios, Theatre arts)
7. Implementation of reading, ENJOY AND DEVELOP (READ) program (Setting up of Children libraries in the school/class, Reading period in the time table, use of children literature for language teaching, procuring books, developing Reading culture among young children and teachers)
8. Conduct of Children Talent Search activities in the Schools (Celebration of Important International and National Events)
9. Every MRG and Teacher must go through the Concept Road Map of Quality Education and Road Map of School to understand the parameters of quality education to implement them in the classroom process.
10. Teachers and HMs should be aware of their performance indicators (Teachers, HMs) which may be displayed in the staff room. Accordingly, HM has to review the performance of teachers and School Complex HM has to review the performance of School HM.
11. One Register notebook has to be maintained for documentation of best and innovative practices in the school.
12. The best practices and innovations of the schools could be shared in the staff meetings and SMC meetings. These successful practices could find a place in School complex meetings also in the form of sharing of experiences.
13. Students and Teachers’ reflections shall be noted in the day wise lesson plan/ Teacher dairy. SAMKALPAM Monitoring Guidelines:
i. School as an Organisation:
a. Creating a supportive learning environment in School
b. Values and goals of the Schools(ethos)
c. Enhancement of Student learning Levels
d. Prepare vision and Mission of Schools
e. Space for sharing ideas and thoughts with the staff and with the children
f. Collaborative Culture between HM and teachers; between teachers; children and teachers; between children.
g. Ensuring Inclusive Class Room practices
h. Creating a Child Rights culture in the School
i. Prepare Vision and Mission of School
ii. Academic Leadership:
a. Leading a change in Teaching-Learning Process
b. Mentoring and Coaching
c. Work Division among the staff Members
d. Fixing of responsibility and Accountability
e. Tapping of community Resources
iii. Academic Discussions in the Meetings
iv. Academic Development activities- Planning, Execution, Evaluation-Involvement of Teachers at all levels including decision making.
v. Ensuring active participation of teachers in Subject Forums
vi. Space for sharing of ideas and thoughts with Teachers and HM
vii. Sharing of activities at schools by al the teachers and HM.
viii. Leading a change in Teaching Learning process
ix. Mentoring and Coaching as a strategy for improvement of professional skills
x. Work division among staff members.
xi. Fixing of responsibility and Accountability of Teachers and HM
xii. Tapping of Community Resources
Instructions to MRGs:
1. MRG attended the duties as per the job chart communicated by Pedagogy Cell. (Job Chart is Annexed)
2. Think about Day’s agenda. At least for 15 minutes.
3. Think about how can I bring change to my school and students
4. Start with a modest beginning
5. Think about the ways and means for self-growth in the profession.
6. Do not teach the child, the way you think about teaching him, the way he learn’s
7. Participation in Subject wise forums and other social networks for self-development.
8. Ensuring Inclusive Class Room practices
9. Creating a Child Rights culture in the School
10. The MRG have to Effectively use TLM available in the School
11. MRG and students have to prepare low-cost teaching aids relevant to the content.
The Following events and Items should be strictly implemented by Head Master & MRG and Teacher in the Schools. SAMKALPAM Monitoring Guidelines
1. Formation of Children Right clubs in every school
2. Display of toll free No. of Child Rights Cell in every school at prominence place.Toll free No. 18004253525
3. Instructions to the Teachers, HMs to be very sensitive to the issues of discriminatory and exclusiveness practices in the schools and take corrective steps to halt these practices occur in visible form and in invisible form.
4. Any type of violation of Child Rights and discriminatory practices that occur at the school level should be viewed seriously and shall be accorded top priority in taking necessary action. The action taken reports should be promptly intimated to the next higher level of authority.
5. Respect for child Rights, protection of child Rights, Inclusive Education practices should become the culture of the School.
6. The schools should create an enabling environment for teaching and learning as the basis for the sustainable development of every child.
7. The inclusive values such as Equality, rights, participation, respect for non-violence, trust, compassion, honesty, courage, joy, love, hope, wisdom should find a place in the school system.
8. Declare the Schools as ‘Punishment free zone area’
9. Sensitization of SMCs and Parents on Child rights and on Discriminatory, Exclusiveness practices prevailed in the society and its fallout on Schools.
10. Sharing and sensitization of Teachers’ professional organizations, civil societies, and community-based organizations on Inclusive Educational practices and on issues of Child Rights.
11. Schools should spread messages such as
– Respect Differences
– Celebrate Diversity and Embrace Equality
– Don’t Hate or Discriminate
– Every child is capable of learning
– Appreciate diversity
– To learn to live together
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details