MDM Cooking Cost Enhanced: Government of Telangana State, School Education – Mid Day Meal Programme – Enhancement of cooking cost w.e.f. 01.07.2014 – Orders – Issued.
1. From the Director (MDM), GOI, MHRD, New Delhi letter F.No.1-1/2009- Desk(MDM), dt: 06.06.2014.
2. From the C&DSE, Telangana State, Hyderabad Lr.Rc.No. 1/MDM/2014, Dt: 17.06.2014, 26.09.2014 & 02.03.2015.
Government of India issued orders increasing the cooking cost for the year 2014-15 for Primary and Upper Primary classes with effect from 01.07.2014 vide reference 1st read above as shown below:
|Stage||Revised Cooking cost per child||central-State Sharing||central-State Sharing|
|Non – NER States|
|Centre State||Centre State|
|Primary||3.59||Centre:2.69; State:0.90||Centre:3.23; State:0.36|
|Upper Primary||5.38||Centre:4.04; State:1.34||Centre:4.84; State:0.54|
2. The Director of School Education, Telangana, Hyderabad has submitted proposal for issuing executive orders for enhancement of cooking cost under National Programme of Mid-Day Meal Scheme for Primary & Upper Primary Schools as per GOI norms and also for executive orders for enhancement of the cooking cost from Rs. 6.00 to Rs. 6.38 w.e.f. 01/07/2014 as a State share for providing Mid Day Meals for classes IX to X classes.
3. After careful examination of the proposal, Government hereby enhance the cooking cost by Rs.0.25 paisa (i.e., from Rs.4.35 to Rs.4.60) for the Classes I to V and by Rs.0.38 paisa (i.e., from Rs.6.00 to Rs.6.38) for Classes VI to X including NCLP w.e.f. 01.07.2014 as agreed by Government of India and cooking cost by Rs. 0.38 paise (i.e. from Rs. 6.00 to Rs.6.38) for classes IX and X.
4. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (EBS.IV) Department vide their U.O.No. 6275/102/EBS IV/SE/2015, Dt: 28.05.2015.