TS Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam Scheme new Guidelines-GO.18 Govt of Telangana, Backward Classes Welfare Department – “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam” for extending one-time financial assistance of Rs.51,000/- to each unmarried girl belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes and Economically Backward Classes at the time of marriage residing in Telangana State – Change in certain procedures – Modification- Orders- Issued
GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA ABSTRACT
Schemes – “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam/Shaadi Mubaarak Scheme” – Enhancement of financial assistance from Rs.75,116/- to Rs.1,00,116/- under the scheme “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam/Shaadi Mubaarak Scheme” w.e.f.01.04.2018 – Orders – Issued
BACKWARD CLASSES WELFARE (OP) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No.25, Scheduled Castes Development (POA.A1), Dept., Dt.12.05.2017
2. G.O.Ms.No.18, Minorities Welfare (EStt.I) Dept., Dt.15.05.2017,
3. G.O.Ms.No.11, BC Welfare (OP) Dept., Dt.15.05.2017
4. G.O.Ms.No.14, B.C. Welfare (OP) Dept., Dt.06.07.2017
Government have introduced the “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam”/ “Shaadi Mubaarak Scheme”, wherein one-time financial assistance of Rs.51,000/- is given to every bride of all Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Minorities, Backward Classes and Economically Backward Classes on their marriage, subject to the conditions specified in the Government orders issued from time to time.
2. In the reference 1st to 3rd read above, orders have been issued for enhancing the financial assistance from Rs.51,000/- to Rs.75,116/- under the scheme ‘Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam’ and ‘Shaadi Mubaarak’ w.e.f.01.04.2017 to all the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Minorities, Backward Classes, and Economically Backward Classes unmarried girl.
3. In the reference 4th read above, Government has nominated the BC Welfare Department, Telangana as Nodal Department for monitoring of “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam / Shaadi Mubaarak Scheme” being implemented by Scheduled Castes Development Department / Tribal Welfare Department/Minorities Welfare Department / Backward Classes Welfare Department.
4. Government have further reviewed the Scheme and after careful examination of the matter in detail, hereby enhance the financial assistance from Rs.75,116/- to Rs.1,00,116/- under the scheme “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam / Shaadi Mubaarak Scheme” w.e.f.01.04.2018 to all the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Minorities, Backward Classes, and Economically Backward Classes unmarried girl.
5. The Chief Commissioner of Land Administration/Commissioner of Backward Classes Welfare Department/Scheduled Castes Development/ Tribal Welfare/Minorities Welfare, Telangana, Hyderabad shall take immediate necessary action accordingly. P.T.O.
6. This orders issues with the concurrence of the Finance (EBS.III) Department vide their U.O.No.1157/A/75/A1/EBS.III/2018, Dated.03.04.2018.
1) G.O.Rt.No.298, B.C. Welfare (B) Department, Dt.19.10.2015
2) G.O.Ms.No.05, B.C. Welfare (OP) Department, Dt.21.04.2016
3) G.O.Ms.No.06, B.C. Welfare (OP) Department, Dt.25.04.2016
4) G.O.Ms.No.24, SCD (POA.A1) Department, Dt.24.06.2016
5) From SCDD (POA.A1) Dept., U.O.Note.No.5249/ SCD.POA.A1 /2016, Dt.24.06.2016
ORDER: In the G.Os., 2nd to 3rd read above, orders were issued introducing the scheme of “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam” to all Socially and Educationally Backward Classes/Economically Backward Classes unmarried girls on their marriage with a view to alleviate financial distress in the family.
Under the Scheme, one-time financial assistance of Rs.51,000/- at the time of marriage shall be granted to every SEBC/EBC Girl with effect from 1st April 2016, subject to the conditions specified therein. Orders were also issued therein specifying certain guidelines in sanction of said amount to the SEBC/EBC unmarried girls/beneficiaries.
2. The government noticed certain hardships/lapses in process of field verification, preparation and submission of bills in the treasury, sanctioning in the treasury and finally transferring the amount to the bride’s account, etc.
3. Government after careful examination of the matter in detail in partial modification of orders issued in references 2nd to 3rd read above hereby issue the following orders:
(i) Only MROs will process & verify the applications received under Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam, instead of the present system of processing & verifying by Deputy Director/District BC Welfare Officer of the Backward Classes Welfare Department.
(ii) Beneficiaries list will be approved/countersigned by the concerned Constituency MLA. The approved hard copy will be retained as a record and the same will also be scanned and uploaded in the online system.
(iii) Approved/Countersigned beneficiary list be sent to the District Officers (DD/DBCWO) for preparation and make ready the pre-printed cheques for distribution by the MLA.
(iv) Cheques will be distributed by the concerned constituency MLA to the beneficiary once in a week, on a specific day, at Mandal HQ/Talaq HQ, as per the wish of MLA.
(v) Cheques will be issued as in the case of CMRF (as in the CMRF program, herein also pre-printed cheques to be made available to the District Officers of the Welfare Departments from the Treasury).
(vi) The cheque will be issued to the beneficiary instead of the present system of transferring the amount to the account of the beneficiary online.
(vii) Crossed Cheque will be issued in the name of the mother of the bride instead of the present system in the name of the bride through online transfer.
(viii) Aadhar card of the bride and bridegroom are mandatory and shall be scanned & uploaded, in order to avoid misuse.
4. The Director-General, Centre for Good Governance, Telangana / the Director, Centre for Good Governance, Survey No.91, Near Outer Ring Road Chowrasta, Gachibowli, Hyderabad shall take necessary immediate action in providing login facility in the e-pass website to Tahsildars / MROs to receive and clear all the applications in respect of Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam in due consultation with the Commissioner, BC Welfare Department, Telangana State, Hyderabad.
5. The Commissioner, BC Welfare Department, Telangana State, Hyderabad shall take necessary immediate action accordingly.
6. The Finance Department shall issue necessary instructions to the Treasury officials to take the necessary action as per para (3) above.