Important Guidelines for TSGLI Policy Number Updation on IFMIS web Portal at Employee Masters web page and Important Instructions and Guidelines to TSGLI Policyholders and DDOs. Government Of Telangana, Joint Director of Insurance Warangal has given instructions and guidelines on ‘Updation of TSGLI policy number on IFMIS portal for Ensuring proper Insurance coverage’ to all District officers of Warangal (U)/ Warangal (R)/ Jalgaon/ Mahabubabad /JS Bhupalpally under Automation of TSGLI policyholder services of Telangana State Government Life Insurance Department
- JD of Insurance Office Letter.No.07
- Issued Date: 18-01-2020
Insurance Office Letter Subject: Telangana State Government Life Insurance Department – DIO – WGL- Automation of TSGLI policyholder services – Updation of TSGLI policy number on IFMIS portal – Ensuring proper Insurance coverage – certain guidelines communicated – Regarding
Reference Govt Orders of TSGLI:
- GO Ms.No.368 Fm & Plg. FW Admn II) Dept. dated 15-11-1994.
- GO (P) No.423 Finance (Adm.IT) Dept. dated 29-11-2005.
- GO Ms.No.231 Finance (Admn.ii) Dept. dated 28-06-2010
Important Guidelines for TSGLI Policy Number Updation on IFMIS web Portal:
TSGLI Insurance office has given instructions in the Review Meeting held on 11-11-2019 by the Honourable Minister for Finance and with above references, efforts have been taken for migration of TSGLI subscription data through transfer on these official records, As a result, the entire subscriptions of policyholders would be electronically updated replacing manual process which is in vogue
In this regard, Insurance Office has stated that while posting premium amounts to the respective policyholder account numbers, it is noticed that some of the subscribers have either quoted wrong policy numbers or did not mention the policy number in the TSGLI schedule.
Download | IFMIS Pay Slip
As a result, the premium received is kept under suspense (until the subscriber approaches for remedial procedures) as the suit amounts are treated as unauthorised affecting even the risk of insurance coverage due to non-submission of proposal form which may result in a financial loss to the employee as the benefits become covered
In this regard, as per the TSGLI Fund rule 19 and also government orders issued from time to time, the DDO is solely responsible
- for deducting the premium from all the employees invariably as per the prescribed slabs,
- forwarding the requisite proposal form of the employee to the concerned District Insurance office
- And then getting the policy for the employee
- updating the correct policy numbers on IFMIS portal
Hence, all the Drawing and Disbursing Officers need to ensure getting TSGLI policies for the total subscriptions (premium = proposal form) of each employee and if not obtained in case of any employee, they shall obtain a proposal from the respective employee, forward the same and get policies from District Insurance Office immediately and update TSGLI No. in Employee Masters on IFMIS portal.
For further details, they may visit www.tseli.telangana.gov.in. The List of employees who are without policy numbers is enclosed herewith and the DDOs are therefore requested to take immediate steps at their end, to ensure total coverage of Insurance under TSGLI scheme as stated above.
Further request you to kindly issue necessary instructions to all of your subordinate officers to follow these guidelines without fail.
If the policy numbers have been obtained and updated in the IFMIS Portal, the DDOS may ignore the above.
- The age group of 21 to 53 years are eligible for enrollment – As per the Go.Ms.No. 16 Finance (Admn-I)Dept. Dt 17-02-2011 (The Government enhanced the Insurable Age from (48)years to (53)years)
- First Pay – First Premium – First Proposal – As per the GO Ms.No.199 Finance (Admn.II) Dept. Dt. 30-07-2013. w.e.f. 01-08-2013
- Slab rates – as per RPS-2015 – As per the GO.Ms.No. 49 Finance (Admn-1)Dept. dated: 27-04-2015
- Please quote correct policy numbers in the Schedule to avoid missing credits.
- Submit proposal forms whenever the TSGLI premium is increased to obtain additional policies.
- Proposal form has to be submitted before (53) years of age.
- The premium rates are low.
- TSGLI premium is exempted from income tax under Section 80C.
- Attractive bonus rates.
- The State Govt. employee can contribute maximum premium upto 20% of the basic pay, irrespective of slab rates.
- The Government Extended Telangana State Government Life Insurance Scheme to the Municipal Employees including Municipal Teachers except the employees of GHMC, GVMC and VMC vide G.O.Ms.No.25 FINANCE (ADMIN.II) DEPARTMENT Dated:03-03-2011.
- TSGLI Policy number is mandatory for claiming salary bills
Pay & Monthly Premium: (SLAB Rates)
- 13000 – 16400 – 500
- 16401 – 21230 – 650
- 21231 – 28940 – 850
- 28941 – 35120 – 1150
- 35121 – 48600 – 1400
- 48601 and above – 2000
The D.D.O. is solely responsible for deducting the premium, forwarding the requisite proposal forms and requisite policies from the Insurance Dept.
The Govt. vide G.O.Ms.No. 199 Finance(Admn.II) department dated: 30/07/2013 the Govt. have removed the condition of requirement of one year service from the date of issue of Orders. These Orders are effective for the Policies issued w.e.f 01/08/2013.
The Drawing and Disbursing Officers concerned are therefore requested to recover the compulsory premium of T.S.G.L.I. the amount which was prescribed in the Government orders from time to time to deduct the compulsory premium from the date of payment of the first salary soon after he/she joins the Government service without waiting for the completion of one year service, who are in the insurable age of 21-53 years.
All the Policy Holders are hereby requested to submit the following information while submitting applications for sanction of Loan/Settlement of Claim cases for making payment online & sending SMS.
- Employee I.D Number
- Mobile Number
- Xerox copy of the First page of Saving Bank Pass Book to be enclosed to the application duly containing the following.
- a) Showing Bank Account number
- b) Bank branch name
- c) IFSC Code
- Otherwise, such applications will be objected without processing in future.
For the issue of Policy: Mobile Number may please be mentioned in the Proposal Form for sending SMS for fresh/enhanced policy number details.
- Download TSGLI Application Form
- TSGLI New Slab Rates
- TSGLI Loan Sanctioning Guidelines
- Download TSGLI Policy Bond
- TSGLI Annual Account Slip
Important Instructions to TSGLI policyholders and DDOs:
Telangana State Government Insurance Department, TSGLI Department is Providing the life insurance services for the welfare of State Government, Panchayati Raj and Municipal Employees on behalf of the government. TSGLI is communicating the following information to reach closure to the policyholders.
Employees aged 21 to 53 years and including those who get a government job and draw a first month’s salary are eligible to receive a policy issued by the TSGLI department.
In return for, Subject to Basic Salaries fo Employees as per Government Order No. 49, Finance Department, Date: 27-04-2015, the mandatory monthly premium is deducted from their salaries and DDO affirms ‘every proposal form’ with “deductible premium” details and Should be sent to the respective district insurance office for bond issuance.
As per the Government Order No.26, Finance and Planning Department, Date: 22-02-1995. An employee may, at his discretion, pay a premium of up to 20% on Pay, subject to their health history. INSURANCE RISK will not be covered at the time of death unless the premium is increased and the proposal is not submitted.
Even if the policyholder is at the current policy and that proposals should be submitted in compliance with the increased amount.
When that doesn’t happen, insurance is a contract between the proponent and the department. So when the maturity/death occurs, the insurance benefits are not covered.
Instructions to be followed by policyholders/DDO:
- The correct policy number should be entered on the TSGLI monthly schedule.
- The policy number should be entered in the front page of the Employee’s Service Book
- Every time the premium is raised, filled in the proposal form with certified by DDO should be submitted to the respective District Insurance Office for receiving the enhanced premium Bonds.
- The policyholder should download the TSGLI annual account slip from the website and checking them frequently. If there is a Missing Credit, you contact the concerned district insurance office and get it corrected.
- DDO shall be fully liable for any legal implications in future in case the proposal document is not timely collected and not submitted to the Department and In such cases, the insurance department does not bear any financial burden.
- If policyholders save their policy number in the name of TSGLA in their phone book, it is compatible with their reference. The policyholder’s name, policy number, and date of birth must be specified at the time of reply. – TSGLI Guidelines in Telugu