TSGLI Web Portal is TSGLI.Telangana.Gov.In,Telangana State Government Life Insurance Department Web portal started by Government of Telangana State for TS Govt Employees for accessing their Policy Bond/Policy Details, Policy No, Annual Account Slip and TSGLI Policy Status by using TSGL Menu.
This portal proving the features for users by following menu options i.e, Downloads, Policy Bond, Policy Details, Policy No. Search, Annual Account Slip, Annual Account Slip, TSGLI Policy Status
The TSGLI Department formerly none as APGLI is one of the oldest departments in the State. The Scheme was originally started in 1907 by the Nizam of erstwhile State of Hyderabad for the welfare of his employees. A Management Committee used to run the scheme initially in the name of Family Pension Fund.
Later the scheme was renamed as Hyderabad State Life Insurance Fund in the year 1913. TSGLI Scheme is a Social Security Measure for the welfare of the Government employees and is mandatory for all Government employees and provincialised Local Body employees. TSGLI Department is under the Administrative Control of Finance Department.
|Title||TSGLI Web Portal|
|Subject||TS Govt Employees for accessing their Policy Bond/Policy Details, Policy No, Annual Account Slip and TSGLI Policy Status by using TSGL Menu|
|Full-Form||Telangana State Government Life Insurance|
|Name of the Department||Telangana State Government Life Insurance Department|
Functions of the TSGLI Directorate
- Supervision of District Insurance Offices.
- Consolidation and submission of budget estimates and distribution of budget under management expenses, loans and claims.
- Review of progress made by District Insurance Offices.
- Printing and supply of departmental forms and stationery articles.
- Evolving procedures, modifications, deletions, etc…
- Issue of clarifications/guidelines to DIO’s.
- Implementation of Government orders issued from time to time.
- Preparation of Proforma Accounts and Movement Schedule work.
- Declaration of bonus.
- Administration of A.P. State Employees Group Insurance Scheme.
- Maintenance of Insurance building complex.
Functions of the TSGLI District Insurance Office:
- Issue of Policies.
- Posting of Schedule Premiums.
- Sanction of Loans.
- Settlement of Claims.
- Preparation of data for Proforma Accounts, Reserve Accounts, Movement Schedule work for declaration of bonus.
Salient Features of TSGLI:
- The Government employees who are between 21 and 53 years of age are eligible for taking TSGLI Policies.
- The TSGLI Department issues only Endowment Policies which mature one day before attaining(58) years of age.
- TSGLI policies do not lapse.
- The Premium rates are low.
- TSGLI Premium is exempted from income tax under section 80C.
- Attractive Bonus rates.
- The present rate of Bonus is Rs 100/- for every Rs 1000/- Sum Assured per annum.
- The Loans are sanctioned up to 90% of Surrender Value.
- Only Simple Interest of 9% per annum is charged against loans sanctioned.
- In case of maturity of the policy, the total Sum Assured and Bonus till Date of Maturity are paid to the policyholder.
- If the Policy Holder ceases to be Government servant and decides to surrender the policy by discontinuing the payment of Premium, the subscriber will be paid the Surrender Value and the eligible Bonus.
- In the case of Death of policyholder before the maturity of the policy, the full Sum Assured along with Bonus till the date of death is paid to the legal heirs.
Issue of TSGLI Policies
- After deduction of the first Premium, the employee has to fill up and submit a proposal form duly signed and attested by his/her DDO/Head of office for obtaining TSGLI policy.
- In respect of second or subsequent policies also, the policyholder has to submit proposal forms and obtain subsequent policies.
- Only premium payment without submission of proposal form will not give any risk coverage or monetary benefit to the subscriber and such payments will be treated as unauthorized amounts which will be refunded on application without any interest or bonus.
Employees who have completed (53) years of age are not eligible to take TSGLI policies(first or subsequent).
- Proposals submitted after(53) years of age will not be considered for issue of policies even if premiums are paid prior to 53 years of age.
Duplicate TSGLI Policy Bond
- The employee has to request his/her DDO to deduct One rupee extra in addition to regular premium in the salary schedules for one time only.
- After deduction, the employee has to submit a declaration form on a paper stating that he/she has lost the policy or the policy is destroyed and that he/she has not mortgaged the policy anywhere. This declaration has to be signed by him/her and attested by DDO / Head of the Office.
- The employee has to submit the above declaration form along with the copy of the monthly schedule to the respective District Insurance Office for obtaining the duplicate policy
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details