The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra will conduct MHT Common Entrance Test 2021 or MHT CET 2021 as per the schedule for for under graduate professional courses in engineering, pharmacy, agriculture admissions for academic session 2021-22.
After receiving official permission to conduct CET and announcement of dates for CET from the Higher and Technical Education Department, CET Cell is announcing the dates of MAHA CET 2021 on dtemaharashtra.gov.in and also more details will be available on ‘cetcell.mahacet.org’. The Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test (CET) Cell will start the online application process for MHT CET very soon on its website.
The application form is available at dtemaharashtra.gov.in or mhtcet.mahaonline.gov.in. Eligible students can apply for this CET. MHT CET exam will be conducted for admission to undergraduate programmes including BE, BTech, BPharm and PharmD. MHT CET scores will also be used to fill seats in BSc (Honours) and BTech courses in agriculture for the academic year 2020-21. So, Students seeking admission to undergraduate agriculture and allied courses, fisheries science and dairy technology programmes for the academic year 2020-21.
The Maharashtra CET 2021, conducted at all the district headquarters in the State for two groups – Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) and Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) – will be conducted in an online format. The questions of MHT CET 2021 will be based on the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Education syllabus.
MAHA CET 2021 Details
|CET Name||Maharashtra CET|
|Title||MAH CET Notification|
|Subject||State Common Entrance Test Cell would release Maharashtra CET Notification every year|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
|Conducting Agency||Department of Technical Education, Maharashtra State|
|DTE Maharashtra Website||http://dtemaharashtra.gov.in/|
|Maharashtra State CET Cell Website||https://info.mahacet.org/mahacet/|
|CET Cell Admission Portal||http://cetcell.mahacet.org/|
|MHT CET website||https://mhtcet2021.mahaonline.gov.in/|
The entrance exam for PCM and PCB groups will be based on the reduced syllabus prescribed for higher secondary classes. While 20% weightage will be given to the Class 11 curriculum, the remaining 80% will be based on the syllabus taught in Class 12.
The MHT Entrance Test 2021 will consist of three question papers of multiple choice questions and each paper, as per the MHT CET marking scheme 2021, will be of 100 marks. The duration to solve each subject (Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics, and Biology) will be 90 minutes.
MHT CET Syllabus, Marking Scheme 2021 for Engineering, Pharmacy Entrance Exam: The Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test (MHT CET) syllabus and marking scheme is released by the state CET Cell. MHT CET conducted for admission to BE, BTech, BPharm or DPharm courses is held for two groups – Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) and Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM).
The syllabus of the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET) 2021 will not include topics of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology which were deleted from the Maharashtra board HSC syllabus. The State Common Entrance Test Cell Maharashtra is conducting body of MHT CET has released the syllabus and marking scheme for next year’s entrance exams. The questions will be based on the syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
There will be no negative marking in MHT Common Entrance Test 2021. The difficulty level of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics sections will be at per with the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main and the difficulty level of Biology will be at per with the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET).
Meanwhile, JEE Main 2021 – the national-level Engineering entrance test – will be held in a new pattern. The decision has been made keeping in view the reduction of school syllabi across boards in an attempt to make up for the academic loss caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
MHT CET Syllabus of 2020: The MHT CET is conducted for admission to engineering, agriculture and pharmacy.
Physics: Circular Motions, Gravitation, Rotational Motions, Oscillations, Elasticity, Surface Tension, Stationary Waves, Wave Motion, Kinetic Theory of Gas and Radiation, Wave Theory of Light, Interference and Diffraction, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Electric Current, Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction, Electrons and Photons, Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei and Communication Systems
Chemistry: Solid State, Solutions and Colligative Properties, Chemical Thermodynamics, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, General principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, P block elements, D and F block elements, Co-ordination compounds, Halogen Derivatives, Alkanes and Arenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ether Alcohols, Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers and Chemistry in Everyday Life.
Biology: Genetics and Evolution, Biotechnology and its applications, Biology and Human Welfare, Plant Physiology, Reproduction in Organisms, Ecology and Environment, Cell Structure and Division, Diversity in Living World, Human Physiology, Structural Organization in Animal and Plants.
Mathematics: Mathematical Logic, Matrices, Continuity, Differentiation, Application of Derivative, Indefinite Integration, Definite Integrals, Ratio, Proportion and Partnership, Commission, Brokerage and Discount, Insurance and Annuity, Demography, Bivariate Data and Correlation, Regression Analysis, Random Variable and Probability Distribution.
MHT CET Exam pattern: The major change that is brought in the examination pattern is that the question paper will now contain questions from Class 11 syllabus. The overall terms and conditions still remain the same. The exam will still be divided in three papers, with a total of 250 questions. 20 per cent weightage will be given to Class 11 syllabus and the remaining 80 per cent to Class 12 syllabus of the Maharashtra board. The difficulty level of MHT CET 2021 will be comparable to that of JEE Main and NEET.
Eligibility criteria: (Educational qualification)
First year engineering admissions: Aspirants should have passed HSC or its equivalent examination with physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects along with chemistry or biotechnology or biology or technical or vocational subjects. They should have obtained at least 50 per cent marks in the above subjects taken together Or
Passed diploma in engineering and technology and obtained at least 50 per cent marks Or
Passed BSc degree from a recognised university and obtained at least 50 per cent marks. They should also have passes class 12 with Mathematics.
First year pharmacy admissions: Aspirants should have passed HSC or its equivalent examination with physics and chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one mathematics or biotechnology or biology. They should have obtained at least 50 per cent marks in the above mentioned subjects.
MHT CET Application fees: The application fee for the general category candidates is Rs.800. For those belonging to the reserved categories and Persons with Disability candidates from Maharashtra, they need to pay Rs.600.
How to apply for MHT CET 2021
- Go to the official website and click on ‘apply online
- Get registered by using your e-mail ID and mobile number.
- Then click for new registration and enter name and other details
- A provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system
- An email and SMS indicating the provisional registration number and password will be sent
- Use this number and password to log in to fill the online application.
MHT CET Admit Card 2021: The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra will release the admit card or hall ticket for the MHT Common Entrance Test (CET) 2021 after completion of registrations. Candidates can download the same from the official website (cetcell.mahacet.org)
It is mandatory to bring the admit card to the exam hall for verification. The entry slot, venue, and other instructions will be mentioned on the admit card.
Steps to download MHT CET admit card 2021
- Visit the official website of MHT CET
- Click on the MHT CET admit card 2021 link
- Enter the Log-in credentials
- Admit card will appear in your device
- download Hall ticket and take a print
- preserve it for future reference
MHT CET Result 2021: The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra (MHT CET) will release the result on its website after successfully conduct of examination. The students who have appeared for the entrance can check the result through the websites- cetcell.mahacet.org, mhtcet.mahaonline.gov.in.
Steps to check MHT CET Result 2021
- Visit the official website- cetcell.mahacet.org
- Click on the download ‘MHT CET Result 2021′ link
- Enter the hall ticket number, other credentials
- Result will appear on the screen
- Download it, and take a print out for further reference
A candidate who have appeared for both the groups PCM and PCB, the percentile score of physics or chemistry will not be interchanged among the groups, as per rules. Those who clear the exam will be eligible to seek admission to architecture, planning, agriculture, architecture, and pharma courses.