Badikostha Scheme for Providing Bicycles, GO.No.56,Dt: 23-07-2016: A.P. School Education Department to provide bicycles under new scheme “BADIKOSTHA” to all the girl students studying in IX class in Govt/Aided /ZPP/Municipal/Model Schools without any other condition of eligibility to increase enrolment, and attendance and to improve the academic performance of girl students.
The government introduced the Scheme ‘Badikosta’ with an objective to minimize dropout rate and to increase enrolment, especially among girl students. Under this scheme, it is proposed to supply bicycles to girl students of Class IX in High Schools.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE COMMISSIONER OF SCHOOL EDUCATION ANDHRA PRADESH
Rc.No.100/PS-1/2016 Dated: 13-02-2017
Sub:- School Education – BADIKOSTA – Providing Bicycles to the students studying of Class IX, studying in Govt./ Aided/ ZPP/ Municipal/Model Schools – Work allotted to bidders – distribution of bicycles to the students – Guidelines issued – Regarding.
1.G.0.Ms.No.56, School Education, dated:23-07-2016
2.Govt. Memo.No.442523/Prog.Il/ Al/2017, Dated:Ol-02-2017.
The attention of all the District Educational Officers in the State is invited to the reference cited and they are informed that Government has introduced the Scheme ‘Badikosta’ with an objective to minimize dropout rate and to increase enrolment especially among girl students. Under this scheme, it is proposed to supply bicycles to girl students of Class IX in High Schools. In the GO 2nd cited Government has accorded permission for the supply of bicycles to the girl students of Class.IX, studying in the schools under the Government/ Zilla Parishad/ Municipal/ Aided/Model managements.
The Tender notification was issued on 01-10-2016. After the Tender evaluation, the work order was issued to three bidders. The details of bidders to whom the work orders were placed and specific districts allotted for the supply of bicycles are as follows:
They are, further, informed that as per work order supply of bicycles shall be done by the bidder up to the school points and to hand them over to the girl students. The vendor has to supply the bicycles to each and every student within the time stipulated.
A separate Mobile Application with the name “Badikosta” is prepared and made available in the Google play store. The application must be downloaded into the tablets/mobiles of the school/ Head Master and used for uploading the data relating to the delivery of bicycles to the individual students every day by the HM/PET.
The District Educational Officers are, therefore, requested to take necessary action on the following:
l. Provide accommodation of about 400 sq ft ( or two rooms) in any High School/ Junior College/ Private School of the Manda! headquarters or nearby school-cluster point for assembling the bicycles before taking delivery.
2. The details of the Mandal-wise number of bicycles to be supplied are appended herewith. It is the responsibility of the bidder/supplier to supply the bicycle up to the school point.
3. Required number of qualified bicycle technicians, available in the district, shall be hired for verification of the technical specifications as per tender document and certify the bicycles.
4. The supply shall be made in batches of 1000 bicycles each. The batch number shall be engraved on the metal frame of the bicycles for identification. The bidder has to provide a sample bicycle to the District Educational Officer from each batch for technical verification.
5. The sample of the bicycle, so provided by the bidder, shall be evaluated/ verified at the Mandal supply point. In the event of the samples of Bicycles supplied failing the quality tests or found to be not as per the prescribed specifications, the entire batch of 1000 bicycles shall be rejected.
6. The technical verification details shall be uploaded m the app immediately after completion of the exercise.
7. Make the Head Master and the Physical Education Teacher of the School responsible for receipt of bicycles from the supplier as per requirement and certify the receipt of the bicycles through the app. The HM/PET has to
a. Ensure that the bicycles, supplied to the students, are completely fitted with all accessories (copy provided)
b. Note down the batch number of bicycles supplied to the students.
c. Ensure that the color of the bicycle must be maroon.
d. The fingerprint of the student, details of the student and photograph of the student with a bicycle shall be uploaded through mobile app confirming the receipt of the bicycle.
Further, the District Educational Officers are further requested to co-ordinate with the vendors/supplier, Head Masters/PETs and ensure that the bicycles are supplied to all the beneficiaries and day-to-day details of supply shall be provided to CSE.
The details of the persons/representatives of the bidders, responsible for the supply of bicycles in the districts are provided herewith for information and coordination. The Regional Joint Directors of School Education are requested to closely monitor the supply of bicycles.
GO.No.56,Dt: 23-07-2016:: Govt of AP, School Education Department – Providing Bicycles to all the girl students studying in IX class in Govt/Aided / ZPP / Municipal / Model Schools – Orders – Issued. Reference: From the Commissioner of School Education, A.P. Hyderabad, Lr Rc. No.100/PS I /2016, dated 13.04.2016.
In the reference read above, the Commissioner of School Education, A.P. Hyderabad has submitted a proposal for providing bicycles by introducing a new scheme to girl students studying IX class in Government management schools with an intention to reduce dropouts, to increase enrolment and attendance and to improve the academic performance of girl students with an estimated cost of Rs.74,92,72,000/- (Rupees Seventy Four Crores, Ninety-Two Lakhs, Seventy-Two Thousand Only).
For the SC/ST/BC/OBC girl students, the cost of supply of bicycles is to be met from their respective sub-plans. For OC BPL girl students, the estimated cost is Rs. 14,57,44,000/- and the expenditure is to be met by way of re-appropriation of funds from the approved budget of Rs.20 crores provided for biometric devices for the School Education Head of the Department from BE 2016-17.
2. After careful examination of the proposal, Government hereby accord sanction to the Commissioner of School Education, A.P. Hyderabad to provide bicycles under the new scheme “ BADIKOSTHA” to all the girl students studying in IX class in Govt/Aided /ZPP/Municipal/Model Schools without any other condition of eligibility to increase enrolment, and attendance and to improve the academic performance of girl students with an estimated cost of Rs.74,92,72,000/- (Rupees Seventy Four Crores, Ninety-Two Lakhs, Seventy-Two Thousand Only).
The expenditure in respect of SC/ST/BC/OBC girl students shall be met from the respective Sub Plans of Social Welfare/ Tribal Welfare/B.C. Welfare and the expenditure for providing bicycles to OC girl students shall be met by way of re-appropriation of funds, if required, from BE 2016-17 of School Education Department.
3. The Commissioner of School Education, A.P. Hyderabad is also directed to float tenders for centralized procurement so as to negotiate the most competitive price and select the successful bidder, but distribution shall be taken up in decentralized management manner led by District Collectors and also to see that the bicycles shall be delivered at school point by the firm concerned.
She is also requested to work out the cost of supply of bicycles in respect of SC/ST/B.C. girl students each and inform the same to the Commissioners of Social Welfare /Tribal Welfare/B.C. Welfare, A.P. Hyderabad to enable them to transfer the required amount from their budget.
4. The Commissioners of Social Welfare/Tribal Welfare/B.C. Welfare, A.P. Hyderabad are requested to identify the savings from their budget allocated for 2016-17 or to identify from respective Sub-Plan budget by way of re-appropriation if required and transfer the amount to the School Education Department through the Finance Department in respect of the expenditure required for procurement and providing bicycles to SC/ST/B.C. girl students as indicated by the Commissioner of School Education, A.P. Hyderabad.
5. The Social Welfare/Tribal Welfare/B.C. Welfare and the Commissioner of School Education, A.P. Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.
6. This order issues with the concurrence of the Finance (FMU-Education) Department vide their U.O. No. 41022/16/2016, dated 19.07.2016.