Working Journalists Health Scheme is formulated to provide cashless treatment to the journalists of the State Government and their dependent family members.
Working Journalists Health Scheme is intended to provide cashless treatment to all the State Government Working Journalists, along with their dependent family members through a network of empanelled hospitals of Employee Health Scheme.
The scheme will provide treatment in Network Hospitals for all the listed therapies.
AP Journalist Health Card
|Health Card||AP Journalist Health Card|
|AP Journalist Health Card||Journalist Health Card|
|Health Card Status||Journalist Card Status|
|JHS Web Portal||JHS Website|
Steps to download AP Journalist Health Card
- Login as journalist with username and password
- On clicking ‘submit’, a page will be displayed where the user has a provision to click on Registration → Download Health Card
- In this, Enter username and password and click on click here
- On clicking ‘download health card’, a page will be displayed where the journalist will have a provision to download the health card
- Now, click on the click here to print the health card
How to enroll the in AP Journalists Health Scheme (JHS) ?
1. Journalist should contact respective DPRO (District Public Relations Officer) and share the relevant www.wjhs.ap.gov.in with login credentials
2. Click on Registration → Add Journalist to Scheme (incase the journalist is not yet enrolled into Working Journalist Health Scheme)
3. On clicking ‘adding journalist to scheme’, a page will be displayed where the user has a provision to enter first name and last name along with which the user has to select the department, designation and district from the dropdown box provided
4. Once mandatory fields are entered, the user needs to click on ‘submit’ button. click here click here details for registration into the scheme. After which DPRO should login into the portal
5. On clicking ‘submit’ , a message ‘Journalist Code: KDP1 Created Successfully’ will pop up
6. Once the journalist login details are created, the user should navigate to ‘add basic details of accredited journalist’ menu as shown in screen shot 5. Registration → Add Basic Details of Accredited Journalist
7. On clicking ‘add basic details of accredited journalist’ , a page will be displayed where the user needs to check the appropriate journalist ID and then clicks on ‘upload details’ as shown in screen shot
8. On clicking ‘upload details for registration’, the page will navigate to ‘registration form’ onto which journalist ID, name and location of the journalist will be auto populated
9. Here the user now has a provision to fill the personal details, working details, identification details, address for correspondance and add attachments if any., After entering all the mandatory fields, the user should ‘save’ the details
10. After entering all the mandatory fields, the user has provision to click on ‘add details of family members’ to add the beneficiary details
11. On clicking ‘save family member details’, a message ‘family member details added successfully’ will pop up
12. Once all the mandatory fields like personal details, working details, identification details, address for correspondance, family member details are added, the user now clicks on ‘SAVE’ button onto which a message ‘saved successfully’ will pop up
13. On saving the details, the user now has a provision to ‘submit application’
14. On submitting the application, a message ‘ application for health card has been submitted and it is pending with I&PR department for approval’
GO.4 Working Journalists Health Scheme Maintenance to Dr. NTR Vaidya Seva: Guidelines for maintenance of corpus relating to Working Journalists Health Scheme and reimbursement of expenditure to Dr. NTR Vaidya Seva. Govt of AP, Health Care, Working Journalists Health Scheme, Maintenance of corpus and reimbursement of expenditure to Dr. NTR Vaidya Seva, Guidelines.
Reference: GO.Ms.No.12, Health, Medical & Family Welfare (I1) Dept., Dated 11.02.2015
In G.O. read above, orders have been issued approving the “Working Journalists Health Scheme” duly replacing the Group Medi-claim policy launched vide G.O. Ms. 203, GA (I&PR.I) Department, dated 27.07.2004. The Working Journalists Health Scheme is applicable for the financial year 2015-16 and has come into force from 21.03.2015.
It has been ordered therein that, for the period from 21.03.2015 to 31.3.2015, proportionate premium be borne by the journalists in addition to the regular premium for the financial year 2015-16. Guidelines for implementing the scheme were also laid down therein.
2. In continuation of these orders, the Government issue the following guidelines for maintenance of corpus relating to Working Journalists Health Scheme and reimbursement of expenditure to Dr. NTR Vaidya Seva.
a) The contributions from the journalists and the state matching contribution shall be deposited in the PD Account under Public Account to the following Head of Account: K Deposits not bearing interest
Major Head 8342 – Other Deposits
Minor Head 120 – Misc. Deposits
S.H. 12 Working Journalists Health Scheme (to be opened)
003 – Government Contribution
004- Journalist Contribution
b) The Commissioner,Information and Public Relations (I & PR) Andhra Pradesh shall be the PD Account Administrator as well as the State Nodal Officer for accounting and reconciliation and pooling-in of contributions, recovered from the journalists.
c) The journalists shall deposit their premium contribution to the Head of Account 8342- 00-120-00-12-004-000(Journalists’ Contribution) through a treasury challan duly furnishing their name and health card details at the back of the challan. All these remittances in the state shall be pooled-up to the above said P.D Account and accounted for, by the respective Treasury where the account is operated.
d) The Commissioner (I & PR) shall reconcile every quarter the receipts and expenditure of the account from the account statement, which can be accessed and downloaded from the P.D Account Portal and take action for rectification of omissions, if there are any, by taking them to the notice of the Treasury Officer concerned.
e) On reconciliation, the Commissioner (I & PR) shall calculate the matching Government Contribution part and submit a proposal to the Finance Department through GAD, along with a certified statement of account for issue of BRO for release of Government Contribution to Head of Account: 8342-00-120-00-12-003-000(Government Contribution) by debiting the Head of Account 2220-60-101-04-500/503. This ultimately forms the corpus of the scheme.
f) The Dr. NTR Vaidya Seva shall be provided with an advance of Rs.3 crore only to start with from the budget of 2015-16 out of the Head of Account 2220-60-101-04-500/503 and this advance shall be adjusted against future Government Contribution.
The advance with the Dr. NTR Vaidya Seva shall be replenished based on the utilisation and settlement of claims. The Chief Executive Officer, Dr. NTR Vaidya Seva shall send proposals to the Commissioner (I&PR) for such a replenishment periodically depending on the progress of expenditure.
g) The Commissioner (I& PR) is authorized to release the advance payment and replenish the expenditure on receiving a claim from the Dr.NTR Vaidya Seva from time to time.
h) Dr. NTR Vaidya Seva shall raise the claim for reimbursement of expenditure duly following the operational guidelines of the scheme.
i) The Commissioner (I& PR) shall take action to make the necessary budget provision under the Head of Account 2220-60-101-04-500/503 every financial year to meet the expenditure towards Government Contribution.
- The Commissioner, Information and Public Relations, Director of Treasuries and Accounts and Chief Accounts Officer Dr. NTR Vaidya Sevashall follow these instructions scrupulously.