The National Law University of Delhi has released the All India Law Entrance Test 2024 (AILET 2024) notification on its official website, nationallawuniversitydelhi.in.
The National Law University of Delhi will commence the AILET registration 2024 process for enrollment to five-year BA LLB (Hons), LLM, and PhD programmes for the academic year 2024-2025.
Candidates may submit their applications online at nationallawuniversitydelhi.in. The AILET has been scheduled for December 10 in accordance with the timetable from 11 AM to 12: 30 PM.
AILET stands for All India Law Entrance Test. It is an annual examination that grants aspiring law students access to renowned law institutions across India.
AILET promises to be a game-changer for those who seek to excel in the legal field. The All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) is your gateway to some of the most prestigious law schools in India.
All India Law Entrance Test 2024
The All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) is a national-level entrance examination conducted by the National Law University, Delhi (NLU Delhi) for admission to the following programmes:
- 5-year BA LLB (Hons.)
- 1-year LLM
- PhD in Law
|Name of the exam||AILET 2024|
|Title||AILET Notification 2024|
|Subject||AILET Registration 2024|
|Registration deadline||November 13, 2023|
|AILET Exam Date||10-12-2023|
ALIET Eligibility Criteria 2024
B.A.LL.B.(Hons.): A minimum cumulative score of 45% of the total marks (or 40% in the case of SC/ST/Persons with Disabilities) is required for candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2) or an exam of comparable standard.
For admission under the category of Foreign Nationals, students must receive a score of 65% on the Higher Secondary School Examination under the 10+2 system, or an examination with comparable standards.
LL.M (One Year) Programme: A candidate for admission to the one-year LL.M. programme must have earned their LL.B. or an equivalent degree from an accredited university with at least a 50% overall (45% for SC/ST/Persons with Disabilities) grade point average.
PH.D: Candidates must hold a Master’s degree in Law or a professional degree certified equivalent to the Master’s degree in Law by the applicable statutory regulating authority, with at least 55% aggregate marks or a grade of ‘B’ on the UGC 7-point scale.
There are no upper or lower age restrictions for participating in any programme of the AILET 2024.
AILET Application Fee 2024
Candidates from unreserved categories have to pay Rs 3,500 towards the AILET 2024 registration fee, while SC, ST, and PWD candidates must pay Rs 1,500.
AILET Registration 2024
- Go to the university’s official webpage at nationallawuniversitydelhi.in.
- As soon as the application process begins, click the registration link on the homepage.
- Register yourself with your full name, phone number, cellphone number, and other relevant information.
- Log in with the system-generated application ID and password.
- The AILET application form will appear on the screen.
- Fill out the AILET 2024 application form for the selected course.
- Scan and upload copies of the necessary documents.
- Submit the form after paying the application fees.
- Download a copy of the AILET 2024 application form for future records.
AILET Exam Pattern 2024
The AILET 2024 will be a two-section test:
- Section A will have 50 multiple choice questions (MCQs) on General Knowledge, Legal Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
- Section B will have two descriptive essay questions on Legal Studies.
- The total duration of the AILET 2024 will be 90 minutes.
ALITET Qualifying Marks 2024
The minimum qualifying marks for the AILET 2024 are as follows:
- 50% in Section A
- 50% in each of the two descriptive essay questions in Section B
AILET preparation tips 2024
- Start preparing early. The AILET is a competitive exam, so it is important to give yourself enough time to prepare.
- Take a practice test. This will help you get a feel for the format of the exam and the type of questions that are asked.
- Review the syllabus. Make sure you are familiar with the topics that will be covered on the exam.
- Practice your writing skills. The essay questions in Section B are a major part of the exam, so it is important to practice your writing skills.
- Get organized. Create a study schedule and stick to it.
- Stay positive. The AILET is a challenging exam, but it is possible to succeed if you stay positive and motivated.
What is the difference between the AILET 2024 and the CLAT?
The AILET 2024 and the CLAT are both national-level entrance examinations for admission to law schools in India. However, there are a few key differences between the two exams:
- The AILET 2024 is only conducted by NLU Delhi, while the CLAT is conducted by the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs).
- The AILET 2024 has a greater focus on legal studies, while the CLAT has a more general focus.
- The AILET 2024 is a shorter exam, with a total duration of 90 minutes, while the CLAT is a longer exam, with a total duration of 3 hours.
AILET FAQs 2024
Where can I apply for the AILET 2024?
You can apply for the AILET 2024 online through the NLU Delhi website. The application form will be available on its portal.
What is the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET)?
The AILET is a national-level entrance examination conducted by the National Law University, Delhi (NLU Delhi) for admission to the following programmes: 5-year BA LLB (Hons.), 1-year LLM and PhD in Law.
What is the syllabus for the AILET 2024?
The syllabus for the AILET 2024 is as follows:
Section A: General Knowledge, Legal Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning
Section B: Legal Studies
AILET is your ticket to a fulfilling legal career. With diligent preparation, unwavering determination, and a comprehensive understanding of the exam, you can conquer this challenge and unlock a world of opportunities.