AP Compulsory Registration of Marriages Act, G.O.MS.No. 16 Dated:23-12-2014, Government of Telangana, Deprtment for Women, Children, Disabled and Senior Citizens (Schemes), ACTS- Andhra Pradesh Compulsory Registration of Marriages Act, 2002 (Act No.15 of 2002) – Adaptation to the State of Telangana – Orders – Issued.
The Andhra Pradesh Re-Organisation Act, 2014(Central Act.No.6 of 2014).
Whereas, by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Re-Organisation Act, 2014, the appropriate Government i.e., the State of Telangana is empowered by order, to make such adaptations and modifications of any law made before 02-06-2014, whether by way of repeal or amendment as may be necessary or expedient,
for the purpose of facilitating the application of such law in relation to the State of Telangana, before expiration of two years from 02-06-2014, and there upon every such law shall have effect subject to the adaptations and modifications so made until altered, repealed or amended by a competent Legislature or other competent authority;
And whereas, it has become necessary to adapt and modify the Andhra Pradesh Compulsory Registration of Marriages Act, 2002 (Act 15 of 2002) in force as on 01-06-2014 for the purpose of facilitating its application in relation to the State of Telangana;
Accordingly, the following notification will be published in the Extraordinary issue of the Telangana Gazette dt. 23-12-2014. AP Compulsory Registration of Marriages Act
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014), the Governor of Telangana hereby makes the following Order, namely:
- (1) This Order may be called Telangana Compulsory Registration of Marriages Act, 2002 (Act 15 of 2002) (Telangana Adaptation) Order, 2014 .
(2) It shall come into force with immediate effect.
- For the purpose of this Order and the Act adapted herein, the expression “ the State” shall have the meaning and area as specified in section 3 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014.
- The Andhra Pradesh General Clauses Act, 1891 (Act No.1 of 1891) shall apply for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the interpretation of a State Act.
- In the Andhra Pradesh Compulsory Registration of Marriage Act, 2002 (Act No.15 of 2002), throughout the Act for the expression “Andhra Pradesh” (occurring otherwise than in a citation or description or title of other enactments), the expression “Telangana” shall be substituted.