GO.250 Implementation of New Pension System (NPS) in the State. GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH NEW PENSION SYSTEM – Contributory Pension Scheme –Implementation of New Pension System (NPS) in the State – Further Orders – Issued.
FINANCE (PENSION-I) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. 250 Dated:06.09.2012
Read the following:-
- G.O.Ms.No.509, GA (Spl.B) Department, dated 04-09-2010.
- G.O.Ms.No.196, Finance (Pen.I) Department, dated 24-07-2012.
|Title||Implementation of New Pension System (NPS)|
|Subject||AP Govt has issued Implementation of NPS GO|
|GO NO||G.O.Ms.No. 250|
|Name of the Department||Finance (Pension-I) Department|
In the G.O. 1st read above Government appointed the Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad (PAO) as State Nodal Officer, for all NPS related activities on the New Pension System (NPS) for the members of the All India Services (AIS). It was also instructed therein that the PAO shall take the necessary action as per the guidelines laid down by the Government of India, for the entry of members of AIS Officers who joined the services on or after 01.01.2004 into the NPS.
He was also instructed to issue necessary instructions to the District Treasury Officer (DTO) / Treasury Officer (TO), as he is the designated authority for settlement of all the pensionary benefits relating to AIS Officers.
Implementation of New Pension System (NPS)
- The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, AP, Hyderabad and the Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad have brought to the notice of the Government that certain difficulties are being experienced in uploading contributions towards NPS in respect of members of All India Services coming under the purview of NPS and also in drawal and remittance of Government matching contribution and transfer of funds to the trustee bank.
- The government has also reviewed the existing procedure of uploading information of NPS contribution by the employees and drawal of Government matching contribution laid down in G.O. second read above with a view to further streamlining the procedures.
- Government accordingly issue the following further instructions for strict compliance by all the Drawing and Disbursing Officers, Treasury Officers and the Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
- The Drawing Officers in the state shall be personally responsible for prompt recovery of contributions towards NPS in regular as well as arrear pay bills, arrears of D.A. etc., except surrender leave by following the procedure prescribed.
- The Treasury Officer shall be held responsible for the transactions till the SCFs are matched and booked and reconciliation of funds transferred to the Trustee Bank. This process shall be completed by the 10th of every month. C.P.S. contributions of All India Services Officers:
- In respect of the members of the All India Services working in Government Departments at places other than at Hyderabad, the Treasury Officers, who are admitting the Pay-bills based on the payslips issued by the Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad, shall upload details of deductions towards the Contributory Pension Scheme (New Pension System) both for Employee and Government contributions in the same manner as is being done in respect of all other Government employees, and intimate the details to the Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
- In respect of the members of the All India Services working in Government Departments in twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad, the Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad shall upload details of deductions towards Contributory Pension Scheme (New Pension System) as in the case of other Government employees working in twin cities.
- In respect of the members of the All India Services who are deputed to foreign service, the foreign employer shall deduct the employee’s contribution and remit along with employer’s contribution in the form of two separate cheques to the Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad, along with details of PRAN and the Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad, shall remit the funds to the Trustee Bank and upload the information.
- The Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad shall invariably indicate the amount of deductions to the Contributory Pension Scheme in the payslips to be issued to the members of All India Services.
- The Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad, as the State Nodal Officer, shall be responsible for recovery and remittance of the contributions of all the members of All India Services (covered under the CPS) irrespective of the place of work of the members. He shall, therefore, coordinate with the Treasury Officers and the Foreign Employers for the prompt deduction, remittance, and uploading of the relevant information.
- All the Departments of Secretariat and all Heads of Departments are requested to issue necessary instructions to all the Drawing and Disbursing Officers to follow the above instructions scrupulously.