Exam Pattern & Syllabus for APPSC History Subject Degree Lecturers, APPSC has given the Degree College Lecturers Recruitment notification and online applications are invited online from qualified candidates to the post of Degree College Lecturers in Govt Degree Colleges in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
The proforma Application will be available on the Commission’s Website (www.psc.ap.gov.in) from 29/12/2016 to 28/01/2017 (Note: 27/01/2017 is the last date for payment of fee up- to 11:59 midnight). APPSC Degree College Lecturers Recruitment 2017 notification no.26/2016 and apply online now @ http://appscapplications17.apspsc.gov.in/
Scheme of Exam: Exam Pattern & Syllabus for APPSC History Subject Degree Lecturers
|Papers||No. of Questions||Duration (Minutes)||Maximum Marks|
|PART-A: Written ‘Examination (Objective Type)|
|Paper-1: General Studies & Mental Ability||150||150||150|
|Paper-2: History Subject||150||150||300|
|PART-B: Interview (Oral Test)||50|
As per G.O.Ms. No.235, Finance (HRI, Plg & Policy) Dept., Dt.06/12/2016, for each wrong answer will be penalized with 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question.
History Subject Syllabus: Exam Pattern & Syllabus for APPSC History Subject Degree Lecturers
1. Pre and protohistoric background – Stone ages and Chalcolithic cultures.
2. Harappan Civilization – Exten, major cities, characteristic features, social and economic conditions, script, religious practices, causes for the decline.
3. Iron Age – Aryan migration – Second urbanization.
4. Vedic Age: Importance literature, Political, Social and economic conditions in the early and later Vedic age.
5. India in the 6th century B.C.: Political, Social and economic conditions, Rise and spread of Jainism and Buddhism.
6. Mauryan Age: Political history of the Mauryans, Ashoka, Mauryan Administration, social and economic conditions, decline of the Mauryan empire.
7. The Satavahanas: Political history, administration, contribution to the culture.
8. Gupta Period: Political history, administration, social and economic conditions, growth of culture, a decline of the empire.
9. India in the 7th century A.D.: Harsha Vardhana, Pallavas and Chalukyas, Rashtrakutas their political history and their contribution to culture.
Medieval India :
10. India between 650 and 1200 A.D. – Political, social and economic conditions, Chola administration and culture.
11. Age of the Delhi Sultanate : (1206-1526), Political History, Military and
Administrative organization, changes in society and economy, Bhakti movement.
12. The Vijayanagar Empire: Origin, History, Krishnadevaraya, social and economic conditions, contribution to art and architecture, decline.
13. Mughal Age (1556-1707): Political history, Akbar, Administration, Social and economic conditions, culture, a decline of the Mauryan empire, Mahrattas and Shivaji. Modern India (1757-1947) :
14. Historical forces and factors which led to the establishment of the British power in India – Early resistance to the British power in India – Hyder Ali, Tippu Sultan, causes for their failure.
15. Evolution of British paramountcy in India: Policies of Wellesley and Dalhousie –Economic policies of the British.
16. Socio-religious reform movements – Rajaram Mohan Roy, Dayananda Saraswathi, and others – Educational policies of the British and their impact on Indian society.
17. Revolt of 1857: Causes, results, significance.
18. Rise and growth of the Indian National Movement: Birth of the Indian National Congress, the national movement from 1885 to 1905; movement from 1905 to 1920. Role of Tilak and Annie Besant: The movement from 1920 to 1947; Emergence of Gandhi; Non-cooperation movement, Salt Satyagraha and the Quit India Movement. The freedom movement in Andhra Pradesh with special reference to the role of Alluri Sitarama Raju and Tanguturi Prakasam, Revolt against the nizam’s rule in Telangana.
Modern World :
19. Industrial Revolution – Significance and results.
20. American War of Independence – course, results, significance.
21. French Revolution – course, effects, significance.
22. National liberation movements in Italy and Germany in the 19th century – Mazzini, Cavour, Garibaldi, Bismarck.
23. World War-I – Causes and effects.
24. The Russian Revolution of 1917 – Causes, results and importance.
25. The World between the two world wars – Nazism in Germany, Fascism in Italy, Turkey under Mustafa Kamal Pasha.
26. Developments in China 1911-1949 – Nationalist Revolution of 1911 – Communist Revolution of 1948.
27. World War-II – Causes and effects.