BSY Balika Samridhi Yojana Scheme: The recast Balika Samridhi Yojana will be a 100% Centrally Sponsored Scheme to extend 100% central assistance to States/Union Territories to provide benefits under the Scheme in accordance with the norms, guidelines, and conditions laid down by the Central Government. The Balika Samriddhi Yojana will cover both rural and urban areas in all districts in India.
BSY Scheme Objectives:
- To change negative family and community attitudes towards the girl child at birth and towards her mother.
- To improve enrolment and retention of girl children in schools.
- To raise the age at marriage of girls.
- To assist the girl to undertake income generating activities.
Components of the Balika Samridhi Yojana:
The girl children eligible under BSY will be entitled to the following benefits:
- A post-birth grant amount of Rs.500/-.
- When the girl child born on or after 15/8/1997 and covered under BSY starts attending the school, she will become entitled to annual scholarships as under for each successfully completed year of schooling:-
Class – Amount of Annual Scholarship
I-III Rs.300/- per annum for each class
IV Rs.500/- per annum
V Rs.600/- per annum
VI-VII Rs.700/- per annum for each class
VIII Rs.800/- per annum
IX-X Rs.1, 000/- per annum for each class
This scheme is intended to increase the status of the girl child in India. It provides financial support to encourage girls to attend schools. Girls born after the 15th of August 1997 to families living below the poverty line are eligible for this scheme.
- A maximum of two daughters in a family can benefit from this scheme.
- The scheme will pay annual scholarships into the girl’s account, starting at Rs.300 (when the girl is in Class 1) and reaching Rs.1, 000 when the girl is in Class 10.
- The girl will receive the money when she is 18 years old, provided she is not yet married.
How to Apply: BSY Balika Samridhi Yojana Scheme:
The Gram Panchayats/Municipalities/other local bodies (where an elected body exits) will obtain applications for the benefits under BSY. The services of village/field level staff like Anganwadi Workers, Auxiliary Nurses Midwives (ANMs), revenue village accountants, school teachers, Panchayat/Municipal staff may be utilized to identify eligible beneficiaries, to inform them about BSY, to give them the application forms, help them in filling the forms and to collect the filled-in applications.
Application forms should be provided free of cost. Applications can also be made on photocopies or handwritten/typed forms in the prescribed format. So, Contact the Gram Panchayat which you belong to.