BSNL Management Trainee Posts, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL) has given management trainee recruitment 2021 notification for fill up 200 posts of Management Trainee (MT). Out of these, 150 posts will be filled up for Telecom Operations stream and 50 posts will be filled up for Telecom Finance stream from external candidates.
BSNL invites applications for the post of Management Trainee for Telecom operations and Telecom Finance streams from all eligible candidates to apply for the above said posts. In this post BSNL Management trainee post details, eligibility criteria, education qualifications, important dates, how to apply, online application form, registration fee, syllabus, scheme of exam and more details are provided here for you.
|Name of Stream||OC||SC||ST||OBC||TOTAL|
Total No.of Posts: 200
Only Indian Nationals would be eligible to apply.
- Educational Qualifications: Applicant must possess the educational qualifications as given below the closing date of application for MT (External) Exam in BSNL.
A. Telecom Operations: Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Technology degree or equivalent engineering in any of the following disciplines with minimum 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) and should have completed the course on a regular full time basis on the last date of application :-
plus MBA (or its equivalent from recognized/reputed Indian
Institute/University recognized under Indian Law) or M. Tech. (On the last date of application)
B. Telecom Finance: CA /I CWA ICS (On the last date of application)
- Age Limit:
Candidate shall not exceed 30 years as on 1st August of the year of examination (as on 1st August, 2015). However, the upper age limit is relaxable as per the standing instructions of Government of India for the following categories :
i) Upto five (5) years for SC/ST category candidates
ii) Upto three (3) years for OBC category candidates
iii) Upto ten (10) years for PWD category OC candidates
iv) Upto fifteen (15) years for PWD category SC/ST candidates
v) Upto thirteen (13) years for PWD category OBC candidates
vi) Ex-Servicemen will get the benefit of age relaxation as per Central Government rules
vii) For Residents of J & K – Relaxation shall be in accordance with DOP&T’s Notification No. 15012/7/1991-Estt.(D) dated 07/12/2007 pertaining to “Residents of State of Jammu & Kashmir (Relaxation of Upper Age Limit for Recruitment to Central Civil Services & Posts) Rules 1997”
- All the candidates shall be screened based on fulfillment of eligibility criteria of age and qualification.
2. All eligible candidates post screening shall have to undergo an assessment process of (written test) comprising management aptitude, cognitive & technical knowledge sections. All eligible candidates appearing in the written test shall be given a score based on their performance in the written test.
- A merit list will be created from the qualified candidates and candidates will be short listed based on number of posts and order in merit list for document verification, Group Discussion and Interview.
- The Date and Venue of document verification, Group Discussion and interview will be intimated to such candidates in due course. All short listed candidates found eligible after original document verification will be called for a Group Discussion & Interview. A list of candidates for Group Discussion & Interview will also be uploaded on the BSNL website/Notice Board.
- All short-listed candidates appearing for the Group Discussion/Interview will be given a score based on their performance in the same.
- The selection shall be based on the final merit list created based on the combined score of written test, Group Discussion and Interview with weightage as under:-
(a) Assessment process (Written test) 75%
(b) Group Discussion 12.5%
(c) Interview 12.5%
Scheme of examination and Syllabus:
The pattern of the question paper will be OMR based having multiple choice objective type questions with negative marking. All candidates will undergo a common multiple-choice type examination of three hours consisting of the following three sections:
Section-I – Management Aptitude 150 Marks
Section -II – Cognitive Ability 150 Marks
Section-Ill – Technical knowledge 150 Marks
Total = 450 Marks
Syllabus for Exam:
Syllabus for each of the three sections has been detailed below:
SECTION-1 (Management Aptitude):
This section would gauge the ability of candidates on key management subjects such as economics, finance knowledge, operations, HR science etc. The syllabus for this section is as follows:
(1) General Management
(2) Management Information Systems
(3) Managerial economics
(5) Accounting and Finance
(6) Human Resources Management
(7) Organizational Behavior
(8) Strategic Management
(9) Operations Management
(10) Telecom knowledge
(11) Current events of national and international importance
SECTION- ll (Cognitive Ability):
This section would gauge overall cognitive ability of the candidate on following parameters as per the syllabus given below :-
(1) Quantitative ability & data sufficiency
(2) Reasoning (e.g. analytical, logical, critical reasoning)
(3) Verbal ability, reading comprehension and analysis
SECTION- Ill (Technical knowledge):
The syllabus for this section will be different for different streams of recruitment i.e. Telecom Operations & Telecom Finance.
(A) For Telecom Operations stream: (1) Materials and Components (2) Physical Electronics, Electronics Devices and ICs (3) Signals and Systems (4) Network theory (5) Electromagnetic Theory (6) Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation (7) Analog Electronic Circuits (8) Digital Electronic Circuits (9) Control Systems (10) Communication Systems (11) Microwave Engineering (12) Computer Engineering (13) Power Electronics
(B) For Telecom Finance stream: (1) Financial Management (an overview) (2) Cost Accounting (3) Financial Management in Public Sector Enterprises (4) Advanced Accounting (5) Principles of Taxation (Tax Laws) (6) Financial Statements (7) Companies Act 1956 (with amendments) (8) Auditing (9) Bare Acts
How to Apply:
On line Application and Fee for examination: Candidates applying for Management Trainee (Telecom Operation/Telecom Finance) posts are required to apply online for which link shall be provided through BSNL web site www.externalexam.bsnl.co.in.
Applications will be considered only through the online registration process which is to start from 25-05-2015 and close on 14-06-2015. All candidates applying for MT (External) posts are required to take print- out of the computer generated registration form for their record and to ensure the correctness of the information submitted by him/her.
The prescribed examination fee Rs.1500/-(Rupees One Thousand Five hundred only) for OC/OBC candidates & Rs.750/-(Rupees Seven Hundred Fifty only) for SC/ST/PWD candidates shall be paid through online mode only.
Starting Date to Apply for Online application: 25-05-2021
Last Date to Apply Online: 14-06-2021
Written Test will be held on: 09-08-2021 by 10 AM to 1 PM
Note: Above mentioned dates are tentative. Official dates would be released soon on its web portal.
BSNL web site www.externalexam.bsnl.co.in.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details