The Ministry of Water Resources (MoWR), Government of India (GOI) is conducting the 4th Nationwide painting competition on Water Conservation for Students of 6th, 7 th & 8 th Classes at School, State and National levels as a part of its vigorous campaign on Water Conservation to create wide spread awareness among Students, the Future pillars of the Nation. 4th Nationwide Painting Competition 2013 Guidelines are provided here. SCHOOL LEVEL PAINTING COMPETITION-2013:
1. The School level Competition-2013 is for the students of 6th, 7 th & 8 th standards only.
2. The theme of the Painting Competition is “SAVE WATER – SECURE FUTURE”
3. School Principals/Head masters are requested to organize School level Painting competition for 2 hour duration at their respective schools in any of the working days between 15.09.2013 to 25.10.2013
4. Painting may be made preferably on A4 size paper, and there is no restriction on type/size of paper, paints, crayons, water colour, etc. The Drawing materials for the school level would be provided by the schools/students and no cost in this regard would be borne by the MoWR/CGWB/CGWA.
5. The Principal/Head Master will select 3 best paintings from each school and the same along with the list of participants are to be sent to the following address on or before 25.10. 2013. The Regional Director, Central Ground Water board, Ministry of Water Resources, Southern Region, GSI Post, Bandlaguda, Hyderabad – 500 068, Andhra Pradesh.
6. All paintings must contain the details at the back of the drawing sheet – Name of student, Class, Section, School Name & addresses and Telephone numbers, e-mails, Father/Mother names & telephone numbers and Signature of Principal.
7. Paintings not signed by the school Principal or sent directly by student/parent to the Nodal Officer of CGWB/CGWA will not be accepted.
8. No. of Students Participated in the competition and their details may be sent in the following format along with the selected paintings.
|S.No.||Name of the|
|Class||Age||Total strength of the Class||Name of the School and Address||Telephone Numbers and e-mail address of School, Parents/Students|
9. For any further queries/clarifications you may contact any of the following
Sri. R.V.V. Sagar, Scientist-D
CGWB, SR, Hyderabad
Ph. No. 04024225215
Sri. Ravi Kumar, Scientist-C,
CGWB, SR, Hyderabad
Ph. No. 04024225205
10. All participants of school level competition will be given a participation certificate signed by Regional Director, CGWB and Member Secretary, CGWA, Ministry of water Resources, Govt. Of India.
II. STATE LEVEL & NATIONAL LEVEL PAINTING COMPETITION -2013:
1. The State Level Painting competition will be conducted on 09.11.2013 at Hyderabad with 50 students whose paintings are selected as best 50 paintings from amongst the entries of the school level painting competition.
2. The best 50 paintings from the School level painting competition will be selected by a board of juries comprising four members including Regional Director, CGWB from amongst the entries received from the schools. Jury will be comprised of renowned persons in Art, drawing teachers, officials from State government, Education department, etc. The Paintings selected by the Jury is Final.
3. Theme for the State Level Painting Competition will be disclosed at the venue.
4. Venue of the competition, all drawing materials and associated requirements & arrangements for lunch, tea etc., will be arranged for the day of the competition by the Regional Office, CGWB.
5. Participants, along with two parents/guardians for the state level competition would be paid to and fro fare by ordinary bus/sleeper class rail fare from the place of residence to competition venue.
6. Selection of the 1st, 2nd & 3rd prizes and 10 consolation prizes are to be completed on the same day by juries and winners awarded. The cash prize award is Rs. 10,000/- for First Prize, Rs. 8000/- for Second Prize and Rs. 5000/- for Third Prize, Ten Consolation Prizes (@ Rs. 1000/-) would also be awarded. An incidental charge of Rs. 1000/- would be paid to each of the 50 participants for attending the State level competition.
7. All state level participants to be given participation certificate for the state level competition. 1st, 2nd & 3rd prize winners will be informed about the National competition to be held at Delhi and the details will send to New Delhi for National level Competition.
III. NATIONAL LEVEL PAINTING COMPETITION-2013:
1. The National Level Competition is to be conducted on 27.12.2013 at New Delhi. The winners of first, second and third prizes from each of the States/UT’s (i.e. three from each State/UT) would be called to New Delhi for the competition.
2. The National Competition would have one first prize (Rs. 1,00,000), four second prizes (@ Rs. 50,000 each), eight third prizes (@ Rs 25,000 each). All other participants (remaining 74 students) would be given consolation prizes (@ Rs. 5,000 each).
3. All students would be paid to and fro rail fare by AC III Tier along with two accompanying parents/guardians. A lump sum amount of Rs. 3000/- would be paid to each participant of the National competition for food, lodging, transport and incidental charges.
4. Selection of the prize winners and consolation prize winners are to be completed on the same day by juries and winners awarded. All National level participants will be given certificate for the National level Competition.