Telagnana Inter Board, Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education, Constituted Telangana State Intermediate Board GO.25
Telangana State Government, Higher Education Department – G.O.Ms.No.25, Dated:04.12.2014-Constituted Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education, Hyderabad.
- A.P. Intermediate Education Act, 1971(Act 2 of 1971)
- G.O.Ms.No.99, Higher Education (IE.II) Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh, dated:27.12.2012.
- The Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014)
- G.O.Ms.No.21, Higher Education (IE) Department, dated 20.10.2014
- G.O.Ms.No.22, Higher Education (IE) Department, dated 06.11.2014.
The following Notification shall be published in the Extra-ordinary issue of the Telangana State Gazette dated:04.12.2014.
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Telangana Intermediate Education Act, 1971, the Government of Telangana hereby constitute a Board to be called as the “Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education, Hyderabad” w.e.f.04.12.2014.
- The Board shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a common seal and shall sue and be sued by the said corporate name.
- In all suits and other legal proceedings by or against the Board the proceedings shall be signed and verified by the Secretary and all processes in such suits and proceedings shall be issued to, and served on, the Secretary.
- The headquarters of the Board shall be located at Hyderabad.
- The Board shall consist of the Chairman of the Board and the following members namely:-
(i) In exercise of powers conferred under Clause (a) of sub-section (1) of Section 5 of the Telangana Intermediate Education Act, 1971, the Minister for Education, Government of Telangana, Hyderabad shall be the Chairman of the Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education, Hyderabad.
(ii) In exercise of powers conferred under sub-section (1) of Section 6 of the Telangana Intermediate Education Act, 1971, the Government of Telangana hereby appoint the Secretary to Government, Higher Education Department, Government of Telangana, Hyderabad as Vice Chairman of the Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education, Hyderabad.
(iii) Ex-Officio Members:
(a) the Secretary to Government, Intermediate Education Department
(b) the Commissioner of Collegiate Education
(c) the Commissioner and Director of School Education
(d) the Commissioner of Intermediate Education
(e) the Commissioner of Technical Education
(f) the Director of Medical Services, Telangana
(g) the Director of Industries, Telangana
(h) the Director of Agriculture, Telangana
(i) the Director of Telugu Academy, Telangana
(j) the Secretary to the Board
(iv) Nominated Members
(k) Joint Secretary to Government in the Finance Department (dealing with the subject)
(l) Vice Chancellors of:
1) Osmania University, Hyderabad.
2) Kakatiya University, Warangal
3) J.N.T.U, Hyderabad
4) Telangana University, Nizamabad
5) Mahatma Gandhi University, Nalgonda
6) Palamuru University, Mahabubnagar
7) Satavahana University, Karimnagar
(m) One Principal of a College to be nominated by the Government;
1) Principal, Government Degree College, Chandur, Nalgonda District
(n) Six Principals of the Government Junior Colleges or other affiliated Colleges and recognised Colleges or educational institutions in the State.
1) Principal, Government Junior College, Bomkar, Adilabad District
2) Principal, Bhagyanagar Aided Junior College, Hyderabad
3) To be nominated by Government
4) To be nominated by Government
5) To be nominated by Government
6) To be nominated by Government
(v) Co-Opted Members
(o) Not more than Three persons possessing Expert Knowledge in the Subjects included in the courses of study to be co-opted by the Board in the manner laid down in the Regulations. (To be nominated by Government)
- According to sub-section (1) of section 7 of the Telangana Intermediate Education Act, 1971, the Government of Telangana shall appoint a Secretary to the Board for performing such functions as may be entrusted to him/her by or under the said Act.
- The appointments made as per Section 3 of the Telangana Intermediate Education Act, 1971 shall take effect only from the date on which they are notified by the Government.