Cut off Date Extended for Loanee Farmers, G.O.RT.No. 51. Dated: 19-01-2015: Government of Telangan, Agriculture and Corporation Department-Agriculture- National Crop Insurance Programme (NCIP) – Implementation of MNAIS during Rabi 2014-15 – Notified – Extension of cut-off date for enrollment of Loanee farmers for all the notified crops upto 31.01.2015 – Orders – Issued.
1) From Government of India, Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Agriculture & Cooperation, Letter No.13017/01/2014-Cr.II, dt.31.10.2014.
2) G.O.Rt.No.231, Agriculture & Cooperation (Agri.II) Department, dated 18.12.2014.
3) Resolution of the State Level Coordination Committee on Crop Insurance (SLCCCI) dt.12.01.2015.
4) From the Commissioner of Agriculture, Telangana, Hyderabad, Lr.No.Crops Ins.(2)25/2014, dt.12.01.2015.
In the G.O. 2nd read above, Government have notified the Crops and Areas (District-wise) for implementation of Mandal Insurance Unit and Village as Insurance Unit Scheme under Modified National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (MNAIS) for Rabi 2014-15.
The State Level Coordination Committee on Crop Insurance (SLCCCI) in its Resolution dt.12.08.2014, has resolved to extend the cut-off date for enrollment of Loanee farmers upto 31.01.2015 under MNAIS, subject to certain conditions, as the credit disbursement by the Financial Institutions was at a slow pace, vide reference 3rd read above.
The Commissioner of Agriculture, Telangana, in his letter 4th read above, has requested to extend the cut-off date in respect of all notified Crops under MNAIS for Loanee farmers upto 31.01.2015. Cut off Date Extended for Loanee Farmers
The Government, after careful examination of the matter, keeping in view the resolution of the SLCCCI and the request made by the Commissioner of Agriculture in the reference 4th read above and in pursuance of the instructions of Government of India vide reference 1st read above, hereby extend the cut-off date upto 31.01.2015 for enrollment of loanee farmers in respect of all notified Crops under Modified National Agriculture Insurance Scheme (MNAIS), notified vide G.O. 2nd read above, subject to the following conditions:
- The bank needs to remit the premium along with the declarations to AIC by 15th February, 2015.
- The coverage during the extended period shall not be available for prevented sowings / planted risk.
- The coverage during the extended period shall be restricted to the sum insured under compulsory component.
- On account claims due to mid season adversity and claims towards localized risk which occur up to the extended period shall not be paid by the company.
The Commissioner and Director of Agriculture, Telangana, Hyderabad, shall take necessary further action in the matter.
Download the GO.No 51 Copy from here