Ration Cards or Aadhar Cards should be used as proof of Residence: As per GO.581 No Residential Certificate shall be issued by the Revenue authorities. So, Ration Cards or Aadhar Cards should be used as proof of Residence for all State Government Business. These GO details as follows.
GO.RT.No. 581 Dated. 20.06.2015: Government of Andhra Pradesh, Revenue Department – Certain hardships facing by the public in obtaining the Residence Certificates – Issuing of Residence Certificates Dispensed with – Orders – Issued.
1) CMP No.1795/ GSP/ 2015, dated: 01.06.2015, received from the Secretary to C.M, A.P., Hyderabad.
2) Government Memo No. 15490/ Ser.III(A1)/ 2015, dt.08.06.2015.
3) From the CCLA, AP, Hyderabad, Ref.No.C3/386/2015, dated:03.06.2015.
At present, Residence Certificates are being given to public by Tahsildars through Mee-Seva. It has been brought to the notice of Government that many people are facing difficulties in obtaining the Residence Certificates and also that the same is being asked for in many cases where easily other alternatives like Aadhar Cards and Ration Cards are available.
- As other alternatives with residential identities are available with the public in the form of Aadhar Cards and Ration Cards, the Government has felt that there is no need to issue the Residential Certificates by the Tahsildars.
- Therefore, the Government after careful examination of the issue, hereby order that no Residence Certificates shall be issued henceforth by the Revenue authorities. Ration Cards or Aadhar Cards should be used as proof of Residence for all State Government Business.
- All the Departments in the Government shall follow these orders for their Schemes.
- The Chief Commissioner of Land Administration, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad shall communicate these orders to all the District Collectors in the State.