How to Apply for NEST 2020 for MSc Program Admissions. The NEST examination is conducted for admission to the five-year integrated MSc programmes offered at the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences, University of Mumbai- (UM-DAE CEBS) Mumbai.
The online registration for NEST 2020 has been started on the official website i.e. nestexam.in. Interested and eligible candidates can visit the official website i.e. nestexam.in and can check the notification for details and can apply for the same when the portal will be live.
NEST 2020 Eligibility:
Education: Candidates having cleared class 12 exams with at last 60 per cent marks and having science stream in 2018 or 2019 boards or appearing in 2020 boards can apply. For SC, ST and PwD candidates the minimum marks requirement is 55 per cent.
Age: Applicant should be born on or before August 1, 2000. Those belonging to SC, ST and PwD category will get a relaxation of five years in the upper age limit.
The National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2020 will be held through an online examination, which is scheduled to be conducted on June 6, 2020.
The application process is open for NEST 2020. Those who clear this entrance exam will be able to seek admission to five-year integrated MSc programmes in biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics at NISER Bhubaneswar, UM-DAE CEBS. Those interested can apply at the official website, nestexam.in. The registrations are on and will conclude on April 3. The admit cards will be made available from April 24, 2020. NEST be held in two shifts, morning shift beginning at 9 am and afternoon at 2 pm. The exam will be of three and half-hour long.
NEST 2020 Exam pattern
The test will be conducted online. There will be five sections of the exam. The first section will be general and section 2 to 5 will have questions on biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics, respectively. Only the best three subject-score will be counted while preparing the result, as per the rule. The test will be held only in the English language.
Important things to remember for online application
- The correct e-mail address should be provided. NEST office communicates with candidates through this e-mail id only.
- The phone number that is provided during application should be accessible by the candidate. NEST office uses this phone number to reach a candidate whenever necessary.
- Properly scanned and cropped passport size photograph should be uploaded. The photo and signature file must be not more than 800 KB and must be in.JPG or.JPEG format only.
- Properly scanned and cropped signature should be uploaded.
- Applications incomplete in any respect will not be accepted.
- Any dispute arising out of or related to the NEST 2020 examination shall be subject to Mumbai jurisdiction.
How to Apply for NEST 2020:
- Visit the official website of NEST i.e. nestexam.in
- On the homepage, click on the link which says How to apply, when it will be live
- A new page will appear
- Register yourself and
- fill up the application form
- Pay the application fee and
- Click on the submit option.
a. Registration / Online application opens : January 08, 2020 (2:30 pm)
b. Online application closes: April 3, 2020
c. The download of admit card starts: April 24, 2020
d. Date of NEST 2020 examination : June 06, 2020, Session-I: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm, Session-II: 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm
e. Announcement of results on NEST website: June 16, 2020
Candidates from the General category are to submit an application fee of Rs 1200 while the students from the SC/ST categories are to submit an application fee of Rs 600. Female students from all the categories and the PwD students are also required to submit an application fee of Rs 600.
Admit card: The admit card for NEST 2020 will be available for download from April 24, Admit cards will NOT be dispatched to any applicant. Applicants must download the admit cards from the NEST website (after login). The download link will be available only till the day of the examination.