Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has begun the application process for Constable GD posts. The commission had begun the one time registration process on August 14, 2018 for the benefit of candidates, however, application submission was not allowed. Candidates will be able to register and complete the application process starting. on August 17. This is the second time the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will start the registration process for 54,953 vacancies for the Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Examination, 2018. The first registration was held in July. However, then, due to heavy load of applications, the Commission had to withdraw the application portal link.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has extended the online registration process for SSC GD Constable in CAPFs, NIA, SSF, and Rifleman (GD) from September 17 to September 30, 2018. All the candidates can now apply until September 30 on the official website of SSC- ssc.nic.in. SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018 Registration Extended till 30th September 2018, Check Eligibility, Age-Limit, Pay Scale & Selection Process here.
SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018 Registration date has been extended to 30th September 2018, 5PM by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on its official website – ssc.nic.in. SSC was earlier scheduled to close the registration process on 17th September 2018, next week, for the recruitment of 54,953 Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles. However, given the application process was initially marred with technical challenges on the SSC’s new website, the Commission has extended the closing date and interested candidates can now register on or before 30th September 2018 by following the instructions given below:
How to apply for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018?
Step 1: Visit the official website – https://ssc.nic.in
Step 2: Click on Register Now from the Login tab given at the right sidebar
Step 3: Register yourself to generate the registration credentials
Step 4: Login with your registration credentials
Step 5: Click on Apply tab given at the top of the homepage
Step 6: Click on ‘Constable – GD’ tab
Step 7: Click on ‘Apply’ given in front of Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Examination
Step 8: Fill your details, pay the application fee via SBI Challan /SBI Net Banking or Visa /Mastercard/Maestro credit or debit card to complete the application process
Step 9: Download the confirmation page and take a printout for further reference
Application Fee of Rs.100 can be paid up to 3rd October 2018, during banking hours of SBI at designated branches.
BSF: Male 14436, Female 16983
CISF: Male 180, Female 200
CRPF: Male 19972, Female 21566
SSB: Male 6521, Female 8546
ITBP: Male 3507, Female 4126
AR: Male 2311, Female 3076
NIA: Male 8, Female 8
SSF: Male 372, Female 447
The applicant must fall in the age bracket of 18 to 23 years. Age Relaxation rules apply as stated in the original advertisement.
The applicant must be Class 10th passed from a recognised education board. The physical measurement standards and other details can be checked from the official advertisement given below:
The selected candidates will be eligible to receive a monthly salary of Rs.21,700 to 69,100.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of Computer Based Examination (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST) and Medical Examination.
The application portal link will be active till September 30, 2018. To avoid the situation which was created earlier, the commission has also advised candidates to register and complete their application process in off-times. “As the new website of the Commission may take some time to stabilize, for initial few days, to minimize the inconvenience to candidates, applicants are advised to also utilize off-time or non-peak hours of 10 PM to 8 AM for making One-Time Registration and filling of online Application Forms,” reads the notice on SSC website.
To apply for SSC Constable GD, eligible candidates would first need to complete a one-time registration on the website. This will generate a registration id and password. Candidates would need to login again using the generated login credentials and apply for the post using the specific link provided. The process of submitting application for Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Examination, 2018 started on Friday at the SSC’s official website ssc.nic.in.
All the candidates applying for the SSC Constable GD vacancy have to first register themselves as old registration Id and password, if any, will not work on the new website. Please read the instructions provided below for registering and then filling up the online form and completing the registration process. The date of the computer based test will be notified later. The admit card for the examination will not be sent by post and will be uploaded on regional and sub-regional websites of SSC. The admit card will also be available on CRPF’s website crpf.gov.in.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of Computer Based Test (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST) and Medical Examination. To apply, Candidate must be citizen of India and as the vacancies are state/UT wise, they must submit domicle/PRC against his her state/UT. They should be between 18-23 years of age as on August 1, 2018. There is relaxation of age for SC, ST, OBC, ex-servicemen and some other category candidates. The candidate must have passed Matriculation or Class 10 from recognised university or board as on August 1, 2018. Website through which students can apply for the post is : ssc.nic.in.
SSC Instructions for One-Time Registration and submission of Online Application for the Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Examination, 2018
Part-I (One Time Registration)
1. Candidates applying for the Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Examination, 2018 are required to register afresh. Old Registration ID and Password, if any, will not work on the new website.
2. Please read the instructions given in the Notice of Examination carefully before filling up the online ‘Registration Form’ and „Application Form‟.
3. Before proceeding with One-Time Registration, keep the following information/ documents ready:
a. Mobile Number (to be verified through OTP)
b. Email ID (to be verified through OTP). User ID of the candidate will be his/ her Email ID provided at the time of registration.
c. Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrollment Number. If Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrollment Number is not available, please give one of the following ID Numbers. (You will be required to show the original document at a later stage):
i. Voter ID Card
iv. Driving License
v. School/ College ID
vi. Employer ID (Govt./ PSU/ Private)
d. Information about the Board, Roll Number and Year of Passing the Matriculation (10th) Examination.
e. Scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). Applications with blurred photograph will be rejected.
f. Scanned signature in JPEG format (10 to 20 KB). Applications with blurred signature will be rejected.
g. If Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrollment Number is not provided, scanned Left hand Thumb Impression (LTI) in JPEG format (10KB to 30 KB). Applications with blurred biometric impression will be rejected.
h. If you are suffering from any specific disability (40% or more) identified suitable for government jobs, then scanned Disability Certificate in JPEG/ PDF format (20KB to 50KB).
4. For One-Time Registration, click on „Register Now‟ link provided in „Login‟ Section on http://ssc.nic.in.
5. One-Time Registration process requires filling up of following information:
a. Basic Details
b. Additional Details
c. Contact Details
d. Photo Signature and LTI
6. For filling up the ‘One-Time Registration Form’, please follow the following steps:
a. Few critical details (e.g. Aadhaar Number, name, father‟s name, mother‟s name, date of birth etc) are required to be entered twice, in the relevant columns of the Registration Form, for verification purpose and to avoid any mistakes. If there is mismatch between original and verify data column, indication will be given in red text.
b. S No-1, provide information about Aadhaar Number/ Aadhaar Enrollment Number/ Identity Card and its Number. Any one of these Numbers is required to be given.
c. S No-2: Fill your name exactly as given in Matriculation (10th Class) Certificate. In case, you have made any changes in your name after matriculation, please also indicate the same at S No-2c and 2d.
d. S No-3: Fill your father‟s name exactly as given in Matriculation (10th Class) Certificate.
e. S No-4: Fill your mother‟s name exactly as given in Matriculation (10th Class) Certificate.
f. S No-5: Fill your date of birth exactly as given in Matriculation (10th Class) Certificate.
g. S No-6: Matriculation (10th Class) Examination Details which include:
i. Name of Education Board
ii. Roll Number
iii. Year of passing
h. S No-7: Gender
i. S No-8: Level of Educational Qualification (Highest).
j. S No-9: Your Mobile Number. This must be a working mobile number as it will be verified through “One Time Password‟ (OTP). It may be noted that any information which the Commission may like to communicate with you, will be sent on this mobile number only. Your mobile number will also be used for retrieval of password, if required.
k. S No-10: Your Email ID. This must be a working Email ID as it will be verified through OTP. Your Email ID will be your Username for login to the SSC online system. It may also be noted that any information which the Commission may like to communicate with you, will be sent on this Email ID only. Your Email ID will also be used for retrieval of password, if required.
l. When the Basic Details provided at S No-1 to 10 are saved, you will be required to confirm your mobile number and email ID. On confirmation, your Registration ID and Password will be provided to you on your mobile number and Email ID. Now proceed further to fill up „Additional Details‟ by clicking „Next‟
m. S No-11: Provide information about your Category.
n. S No-12: Provide information about your Nationality
o. S No-13: Provide information about visible Identification Mark. You may be required to show the above Identification Mark at various stages of examination.
p. S No-14: Provide information about disabilities, if any. If you are suffering from any specific disability (40% or more) identified suitable for government jobs, then provide Disability Certification Number and upload Disability Certificate. However, PwD candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.
q. Save the information and proceed further to provide Contact Details.
r. S No: 15 to 18: Provide information about your Permanent and Present Address. Save the data and proceed further to last Part of the Registration Process.
s. S No: 19 to 22: Upload your recent Photo and Signature as specified at S No-2 above. If you do not have Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrolment Number, then you have to upload the scanned impression of Left Hand Thumb. In case a candidate does not have left hand thumb, impression of right hand thumb or Left great toe or right great toe may be used in that order.
t. Save the information provided. You have the facility to take draft printout and to send the draft information to your registered email ID.
Review the information provided thoroughly, before „Final Submit‟.
u. Upon clicking „Final Submit‟ different OTPs will be sent on your mobile number and Email ID. You need to enter the respective OTPs to complete the Registration Process.
v. After submission of Basic Information, if the registration process is not completed within 7 days, your data will be deleted from the system.
7. After completion of registration process, „Basic Details‟ can be changed only once. THEREFORE BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS WHILE MAKING ONE TIME REGISTRATION.
8. YOU ARE AGAIN ADVISED THAT NAME, FATHER’S NAME, MOTHER’S NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, MATRICULATION EXAMINATION DETAIL SHOULD BE FILLED EXACTLY AS RECORDED IN MATRICULATION CERTIFICATE. YOUR CANDIDATURE MAY GET CANCELLED IN CASE OF INCORRECT/ WRONG INFORMATION.
Part-II (Online Application Form)
1. Login to online system through your registered Email ID and password provided on your mobile number and Email. Change your password, when prompted.
2. Click „Apply‟ link in „GD Constable‟ section under „Latest Notifications‟ tab.
3. Information in columns at S No-1 to 12 will be automatically filled from your One-Time Registration Data which is non-editable.
4. S No-13: Give your preference for Examination Centers. You may choose examination Centers within the same Region. Choice for all the three Centers must be given in the order of preference.
5. S No-14: If you are an ex-serviceman, fill up the required information. Wards of servicemen/ ex-servicemen are not treated as ex-servicemen.
6. S No-15. If you are seeking age relaxation, select appropriate age-relaxation category.
7. S No-16 and 17: Select your Domicile State/ UT and District of Domicile. As the vacancies for the posts of Constables in CAPFs and Rifleman in Assam Rifles is domicile based and vacancies are also reserved for Border Districts and Districts affected by Naxal/ Militancy, therefore you will only be considered from the State/ UT and District mentioned by you at S No-16 and 17 respectively. You will be required to produce Domicile Certificate of the State/ UT and District specified by you at S No-16 and 17 respectively at the time of Document Verification. If there is any mismatch between Domicile State/ UT and District mentioned by you at S No-16 & 17 and the State/ UT and District in the Domicile Certificate produced by you at the time of Document Verification, your candidature will be summarily rejected.
8. S No-18: If you belong to SC/ ST/ OBC category and have migrated from the State/ UT of your origin to a State/ UT where your caste is not recognized as SC/ ST/ OBC, you have the option either to take the benefit of reservation from the State/ UT of your origin or be considered as un-reserved candidate against the vacancies of the State/ UT of your present domicile. Make your considered decision and fill up information in this column accordingly.
9. S No-19 and 20: Information will be filled up automatically based on your Domicile State/ UT and District.
10. S No-21: Give your preference of CAPFs/ Organizations. Filling up of all the 8 options will be mandatory.
11. S No-22: Please see Notice of Examination, Para No: 17 (30) and fill up accordingly.
12. S No-23: Please indicate your highest qualification.
13. S No-24, 25 and information with regard to Photo/ Signature/ Biometric impression will be filled up automatically from the One-Time Registration Data.
14. Complete your declaration by clicking on “I agree” check box, fill up captcha code.
15. Preview and verify the information provided by you and Submit the Application.
16. If you are not exempted from fee payment, make the requisite fee payment through online mode or through SBI Challan. In case, fee is paid through Challan, it will get updated within 2-3 days.
17. Take printout of the application for your future reference. You are not required to submit printout of the application or the hard copy of any other document at the application stage to the Commission.
18. Payment status and application status can be checked by clicking on the respective links available on „Latest Notifications‟ tab under Candidate‟s „Dashboard‟.