Kerala TET 2024 or KTET 2024 notification has been released by the Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan on its official website, ktet.kerala.gov.in for conduct of Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test.
Candidates who are eligible and interested in can check details and download the Kerala TET Notification 2024 from the KTET Official website (ktet.kerala.gov.in).
If you’re planning to become a teacher in Kerala, passing the Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (KTET) is a crucial step in your career path. The Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan conducts KTET to evaluate the eligibility of candidates for teaching positions in government and private schools in Kerala.
The Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (KTET) is conducted by the Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan to evaluate the eligibility of candidates for teaching positions in government and private schools in Kerala.
The KTET exam is conducted in four categories – Category I for Lower Primary Classes, Category II for Upper Primary Classes, Category III for High School Classes, and Category IV for Language Teachers, Physical Education Teachers, and Specialist Teachers.
Kerala TET 2024 is expected to be conducted in the second half of the year. The exam will be held in offline mode, and the duration of the exam will be 2.5 hours.
Candidates who qualify for KTET will be eligible for teaching positions in government and private schools in Kerala.
Kerala TET 2024
The Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test, commonly known as Kerala TET, is a state-level examination conducted by the Kerala Government to certify the eligibility of candidates who wish to become teachers in government schools in the state.
The KTET selection will comprise of four categories. While first three categories will be for teacher posts of lower primary, upper primary and high school classes, respectively;
the last category will be for language teachers in Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu (up to Upper Primary level), Specialist teachers and Physical Education teachers (up to High School level).
|Name of the TET||Kerala TET 2024|
|Title||KTET 2024 Notification|
|Subject||KTET Notification 2024|
|Category||Teacher Eligibility Test|
Kerala TET Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for Kerala TET 2024, candidates must meet the following criteria:
Category I for For Lower Primary Classes: Candidates should have passed Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and should have completed a two-year Trained Teachers’ Certificate (TTC) conducted by Board of Examination, Government of Kerala or its equivalent.
Category II for For Upper Primary Classes: Candidates should have passed BA/BSc/BCom with at least 45% marks and should have completed a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed./D.Ed.) or a two-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.) or a four-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) or a two-year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
Category III for For High School Classes: Candidates should have a B.Ed. degree in the subject concerned from any one of the Universities in Kerala or should have acquired these qualifications from any other Universities recognized as equivalent thereto.
Category IV for For High School Classes: Candidates should have a Certificate/ Diploma/ Degree in teaching in any subject and should have acquired these qualifications from any one of the Universities in Kerala or should have acquired these qualifications from any other Universities recognized as equivalent thereto.
Kerala TET Application Process
Application Fee for Kerala TET 2024: Candidates who want to apply for Kerala TET will have to pay Rs.500/- as application fee if belonging to General/OBC category and Rs.250/- if belonging to SC/ST category.
The application process for Kerala TET 2024 will be conducted online. Candidates can apply for the exam by visiting the official website of Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan.
The application form will be available on the website, and candidates will have to fill in their personal and educational details. After filling in the details, candidates will have to upload their photograph and signature.
Kerala TET Exam Pattern
The examination will be conducted in two shifts – the first shift from 10 am to 12.30 pm and second shift from 2 pm to 4.30 pm. Candidates can check for more information related to KTET through the official site of Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan.
The exam pattern for Kerala TET 2024 will vary depending on the category for which the candidate is appearing. Here’s a detailed exam pattern for each category:
- Category I: The exam will have 150 multiple-choice questions (MCQs), with a total of 150 marks. The duration of the exam will be 2.5 hours.
- Category II: The exam will have 150 MCQs, with a total of 150 marks. The duration of the exam will be 2.5 hours.
- Category III: The exam will have 150 MCQs, with a total of 150 marks. The duration of the exam will be 2.5 hours.
- Category IV: The exam will have 120 MCQs, with a total of 150 marks. The duration of the exam will be 2.5 hours.
All the questions will be in English and Malayalam languages.
|Category||Date of Examination||Duration||Time|
|K-TET I||May 12||10.00 am – 12.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
|K-TET II||May 13||2.00 pm – 4.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
|K-TET III||May 14||10.00 am – 12.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
|K-TET IV||May 15||2.00 pm -4.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
Kerala TET Syllabus
The syllabus for Kerala TET 2024 will vary depending on the category for which the candidate is appearing. Here’s a brief overview of the syllabus for each category:
- Category I: Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I (Malayalam/Tamil/Kannada), Language II (English/Arabic), Mathematics, and Environmental Studies.
- Category II: Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I (Malayalam/Tamil/Kannada/English), Language II (Other than Language I), Mathematics and Science or Social Science.
- Category III: Adolescent Psychology, Theories of Learning and Teaching Aptitude, Language: Malayalam/English/Tamil/Kannada, Subject-specific areas (Mathematics, Science, Social Science, English, and Malayalam).
- Category IV: Child Development, Pedagogy and Teaching Aptitude, Language: Malayalam/English/Tamil/Kannada, Specific areas of knowledge (Mathematics, Science, Social Science, English, and Malayalam).
Candidates must prepare for the exam according to the syllabus mentioned on the official website.
Tips to Crack Kerala TET 2024
- Go through the syllabus thoroughly and make a study plan accordingly.
- Solve previous years’ question papers and practice mock tests to get a better understanding of the exam pattern.
- Focus on the weaker areas and practice more.
- Revise regularly and keep track of your progress.
- Stay updated with current affairs related to education.
- Take proper rest and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Steps to register for Kerala TET 2024
Candidates can apply for teaching positions in lower primary classes, upper primary classes, and high school classes. To apply for the eligibility test, candidates can follow these simple steps given below.
- Visit the official website, i.e., ktet.kerala.gov.in.
- On the homepage, click on the link that reads, “Registration begins for Kerala TET May 2024”
- A new page will appear on the screen.
- Register yourself and proceed with the application form.
- Pay the application fee and click on the submit option.
For more information, candidates are requested to visit the official website of Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan, i.e., ktet.kerala.gov.in, and read the full notification carefully.
FAQs on Kerala TET
When will Kerala TET be conducted?
Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (KTET) exam date will be announced 20 days before the exam.
Why to conduct Kerala TET?
The Kerala SET is a mandatory examination for the selection of Higher Secondary School Teachers and Non-Vocational Teachers in VHSE.
What is the exam pattern of Kerala TET?
The examination will be conducted in two papers. Paper – I will be common for all consisting of two parts General Knowledge and Aptitude in Teaching. Paper-II will be based on the subject of specialization of the candidate at the time of PG level.
How much application fee towards Kerala TET?
The application fee for Kerala TET July 2024 is ₹1,000 for General/OBC candidates and ₹500 for SC/ ST/Differently abled candidates.
Which board conducts Kerala TET?
The Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan will conduct the Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (KTET).
Where can candidates download the KTET notification?
Interested and eligible candidates can download Kerala TET notification PDF through the official website at ktet.kerala.gov.in, or on pareekshabhavan.kerala.gov.in.
What is the eligibility criteria of KTET?
To be eligible to apply for the exam, candidates must have passed class 12 or equivalent with 45 per cent marks along with two years of Trained Teacher Certificate or TTC by Board of Examination. Those who to apply as teachers for upper primary classes must hold a graduation degree in any stream with a minimum of 45 per cent marks.
The Kerala TET 2024 is a crucial examination for those who wish to become teachers in government schools in the state of Kerala.
It’s important to understand the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and syllabus thoroughly to ace the exam. By following the tips mentioned above and preparing diligently, you can increase your chances of success in the Kerala TET 2024. Good luck!